IPL | Delhi DareDevils Vs Deccan Chargers | Dehli | 15/05/2008

Mercenary said:
hmmm an Indian wit a username with 786 in it? :13:

We get a lot of Indians registering on PP trying to pass themselves off as Pakistanis so they can troll

Was that why you registered with 786 in your name? ;-)
786 isnt pakistani,

it can be that the poster is a muslim

Afridi is a good bolwer for the shorter form of the game ..but its alos true that he has always struggled against indian batsmen like most spinner have !

Sparhawk said:
Rohit sharma, don't mean any offense but he seems to be working some baby fat. :))

yea he needs to get fit.. but then again Ranatunga was not fit :p

tauseefm said:
come on he has been the only attacking bowler in pakistan team since gul and asif are injured.

2 bad performances with the bowling and everybody started bashing.

Well I am pretty sure the Deccan chargers didn't buy him purely for his bowling. He has to click with the batting. I am pretty sure if he had a run of performances like he has had in the IPL he would have been dropped by now. And you know he is never going to play according to the match situation. Still praying that his batting clicks!

dude its not really unexpected that afridi got hit today - 7 overs to go 9 wickets in hand and a spinner on - afridi is more effective early on in 20/20

jusarrived said:
Afridi is a good bolwer for the shorter form of the game ..but its alos true that he has always struggled against indian batsmen like most spinner have !

That's exactly why i don't rate him as spinner. In the recent tour to India he averaged 111 against India and an economy rate of 6.00 in one dayers which is far too depressing stats.

gibster82 said:
dude its not really unexpected that afridi got hit today - 7 overs to go 9 wickets in hand and a spinner on
exactly......some of the indians on this board are creaming themselves due to one bad over.

gibster82 said:
dude its not really unexpected that afridi got hit today - 7 overs to go 9 wickets in hand and a spinner on - afridi is more effective early on in 20/20

Best time for him to bowl in India especially against Indians is after 20 overs

Gunner786 said:
786 isnt pakistani,

it can be that the poster is a muslim

Which he aint.

I've seen his kind before in all kinds of forums.

Indians(Hindu's to be precise) disguised as Muslim/Pakistani by using Islamic names/words in their usernames.

Trying to fit in I guess.

jackal786 said:
yea he needs to get fit.. but then again Ranatunga was not fit :p

If sharma can handle sledging as well as ranatunga then he should be fine.

Afridi just bowled for one over. I hope this doesn't affect his confidence while batting.. his innings today will be even more interesting than usual.

gibster82 said:
beg to disagree. Gauti would have creamed him irrespective, mood he was in. :26:

Sparhawk said:
Afridi just bowled for one over. I hope this doesn't affect his confidence while batting.. his innings today will be even more interesting than usual.

You are looking at total around 190 where opening 6 overs are key.

Sparhawk said:

Well that's the thing, he has to be stronger than that and say well my bowling did not click but I will make sure my batting does like all great all rounders. But the big question as always, will it?

jackal786 said:
gauti creamed Murali time after time.. Afridi :))
exactly gambhir is one of the best players of spin the world - if he creams murali then its not unexpected that afridi gets creamed

RP singh has become a former shadow of himself. Every tom, dick and harry are blasting. He is getting severe punishment from the Indian players more than the foreigners.

Gilchris made a mistake, he should have kept afridi boling, he usally picks up wickets after a crappy start!

jackal786 said:
RP singh has become a former shadow of himself. Every tom, dick and harry are blasting. He is getting severe punishment from the Indian players more than the foreigners.
because they know how he bowls because they practice against him - 20/20 is really about predicting where the bowler is going to bowl and the more you have played against the bowler the better the chance of you making quick runs off him

gibster82 said:
because they know how he bowls because they practice against him - 20/20 is really about predicting where the bowler is going to bowl and the more you have played against the bowler the better the chance of you making quick runs off him

Jaya was trying to toy with Murali.. succeeded to some extent.. But he literally laid into Kapu :p . I am interested to see Tendulkar vs Sreesanth.

so on a flat wicket delhi get skittled for barely 100 by shoaib but on a grassy wicket sans akhtar they score almost 200 ?

shows the value of a guy like shoiab.

kashif77 said:
so on a flat wicket delhi get skittled for barely 100 by shoaib but on a grassy wicket sans akhtar they score almost 200 ?

shows the value of a guy like shoiab.

I think they played at Eden gardens other day. That usually assists bowlers like Akhtar. Some swing will be there. Delhi, Chennai are more challenging surfaces to bowl on.

Well a target of 195 .. And we have guys like gilli,gibbs,sharma,styris,afridi... But the thing is how could they be best utilised? I think afridi should open. And then gibbs must bat at no 3.. Hes good at no 3 i think better at no 3 than opening.. And then sharma and styris ... Theres no point leaving afridi at no 6,7 .. He has to always open. Dosent matter if he fails a few times..but hes chances of geting some runs are better whilst opening

Pak_mystery said:
Well a target of 195 .. And we have guys like gilli,gibbs,sharma,styris,afridi... But the thing is how could they be best utilised? I think afridi should open. And then gibbs must bat at no 3.. Hes good at no 3 i think better at no 3 than opening.. And then sharma and styris ... Theres no point leaving afridi at no 6,7 .. He has to always open. Dosent matter if he fails a few times..but hes chances of geting some runs are better whilst opening

Deccans need to keep wickets.. If you leave some 90 odd runs for sharma & co he will perfectly complete the chase. If you leave him 160 runs and tail.. he can't do it.

Asif to Afrdi, Asif's saviour when Akhtar went mad with the bat...nearly got him too...

Muddaser said:
Which he aint.

I've seen his kind before in all kinds of forums.

Indians(Hindu's to be precise) disguised as Muslim/Pakistani by using Islamic names/words in their usernames.

Trying to fit in I guess.

Since the time he has joined, he has always mentioned that he is an Indian. No one has ever taken him for a Pakistani. I am sure the Mods and admins (particularly the tenured ones) are aware of it.

Indiafan said:
Since the time he has joined, he has always mentioned that he is an Indian. No one has ever taken him for a Pakistani. I am sure the Mods and admins (particularly the tenured ones) are aware of it.

after close to 5000 posts .. questions crop up because i questioned the skills of Afridi :p

jackal786 said:
after close to 5000 posts .. questions crop up because i questioned the skills of Afridi :p

I know, Merc never had that doubt before.

both batsmen getting a little lucky. afridi was almost out caught, and Gilly got a beaut just now from asif...

kab tak bachenge, any time now...

Asif get the wicket of everyone except Afridi...n Afridi hit everyone except Asif
both my fav players playing against each other

deccan should have open with afridi and gilli throughout - when afridi opens his failure does not impact the team as much as when he come in at 50-5. If he succeeds while opening the match is pretty much won.

If Afridi & Gibbs get going then they can finish it in 15 overs. But its a big IFFF.

afridi gets 5 runs off mcgrath
just by tapping the ball as if for a single

the raw power of the pathan

and its not fair to blame afridi for the deccans batting woes - gibbs has failed miserably as well...well they batting together now...so both of them can make a statement even if the chargers dont qualify for the semis

Gunner786 said:
afridi gets 5 runs off mcgrath
just by tapping the ball as if for a single

the raw power of the pathan
how did they come these 4 runs...a single n then a boundary?

Afrdi taking singles after hitting a boundary! After all these years, he is finally listening to someone in this case Gibbs!

They have to get atleast 60 after 6 overs.. to chase a big total. They have to do a jayasuriya.

afridi and gibbs are reminding each other to take a single after hitting a boundary

Back