Its time to back the team

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
There is alot of useless discussion going on that xyz should had played or x player is better than y. There are some people that are still posting their useless 15s. The thing is, squad has been announced.

Now I think is the time to come around and support the 15 squad member, because these 15 man will be fighting for Pakistan to win the World Cup, and I believe these guys have it in them. Alot of hoo haw went on about dressing room, but I am ok with Babar staying as captain, Shadab keeping his VC spot, and Babar specially attended Shaheens marriage event in Karachi from UAE.

The team has a very stable batting line up, and one bowler being out doesnt make the team bad. 2011 team had 3 main players out yet we reached the semi finals.

The morale of the team needs to be high and fans along with ex cricketers need to back these guys.

Further criticism can now happen after the World Cup with post analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any surprises in the squad. Hasan Ali was probably the best available option in the country to replace Naseem Shah and he got his chance. Amir was not playing domestic cricket so he wasn't in contention and I don't think picking the likes of Arshad Iqbal or Aamer Jamal would be a wise thing for such a big event. The squad is certainly have the ability to beat any other team playing in this World Cup.

Ok back the team but just realise they will be 5th or 6th. That's fine just don't make then into an all-star side who'll win the whole thing. Expect at least 2 crushing losses.

Ok back the team but just realise they will be 5th or 6th. That's fine just don't make then into an all-star side who'll win the whole thing. Expect at least 2 crushing losses.
if we can manage to defeat all the 5th rank and below team and manage one win against the top teams, we are good to go in the semis.
After semis and finals its all luck and good captaincy

The 30 overs between the 10th and the 40th . This team unfortunately has no answers for it against quality opposition .

I will be surprised if they make the semis .

India , Australia , England and SA

This team looks average on paper. That's the reality of the situation.

I think a semi-final spot is their best-case scenario and then they will get dismantled by whoever gets through.

But momentum can do wonders in an ICC tournament and someone like Fakhar could catch on fire at the right time.

There is alot of useless discussion going on that xyz should had played or x player is better than y. There are some people that are still posting their useless 15s. The thing is, squad has been announced.

Now I think is the time to come around and support the 15 squad member, because these 15 man will be fighting for Pakistan to win the World Cup, and I believe these guys have it in them. Alot of hoo haw went on about dressing room, but I am ok with Babar staying as captain, Shadab keeping his VC spot, and Babar specially attended Shaheens marriage event in Karachi from UAE.

The team has a very stable batting line up, and one bowler being out doesnt make the team bad. 2011 team had 3 main players out yet we reached the semi finals.

The morale of the team needs to be high and fans along with ex cricketers need to back these guys.

Further criticism can now happen after the World Cup with post analysis.
I don't mind backing the team. But it's a tough order man. Their are players in the squad I genuinely back.

Despite people hating on imam and Babar I have said multiple times their world class accumulators, same with saud, Abdullah I back them.

Heck I'm even willing to back fakhar and rizwan because they have come good in the last so I'm willing to accommodate.

I can't ever in my life back shadab, nawaz, agha or chacha though. My stance on bits and pieces hacks will remain unchanged. Faheem was a bad player period. So are these guys. I refuse to acknowledge these guys.

The rest are fine, atleast their genuine batsmen and bowlers

if we can manage to defeat all the 5th rank and below team and manage one win against the top teams, we are good to go in the semis.
so it means we are out of the race of semis or finals, if it comes to the "good captaincy" :D

Guys shouldn't we let the team perform or not perform first before coming to a conclusion. Many people here are completely writing the team off without them having played their first match.

Same thing I noticed in the 2022 t20 wc when we nearly got out. First be sure that the team is out before hurdling abuses at them. We almost won that World Cup. Don't unnecessarily criticize so much that if the team wins, you won't be able to show your faces to anyone.
Maybe this habit comes from ex-players and the so called journalists in this country.

We have hardly played any ODI cricket in the last 4 years
- One ODI series against Australia in which they sent their B team
- One ODI series against England in which all their players got covid. So an England C team basically
- One ODI series against South Africa in which their main players were playing in the IPL
- Two ODI series against New Zealand in one of which all their main players were playing in the IPL

So it's no surprise that in our first match at this World Cup, we would be playing with majority players that played in the last group match against Bangladesh in 2019

People wanting Saim, Tayyab, Aamer Jamal, Arshad Iqbal need to realize that we haven't played enough ODI cricket to test them. You can't just pick a player and get him to debut in the World Cup.

Trust this management and captain, and hopefully they will do well.

***Haris Sohail should have been there instead of Saud Shakeel who I feel is only there because if he was not, there won't have been even a single player from a particular city. The other 14 have earned their place in the squad.

Hassan Ali looked a better bowler than even Naseem in the LPL, plus has an ICC PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT award. One of the only two Pakistanis to have ever received that award.

And by you not supporting them, will they win?
I certainly hope not. I’m watching this tournament to follow the losses and celebrate them. Hopefully we’ll be done with Babar and his besties

Cant afford losing 3 matches. We lost 3 last time and got knocked out.

If Nz had beaten India in the Group game that was washed off, then even if we had beaten Sri Lanka by 200 runs in the game that was washed off we would have been knocked out.

So need to win 7 games

Cant afford losing 3 matches. We lost 3 last time and got knocked out.

If Nz had beaten India in the Group game that was washed off, then even if we had beaten Sri Lanka by 200 runs in the game that was washed off we would have been knocked out.

So need to win 7 games
You need to win 5 at least

There will be some strange results elsewhere that might push you through

I don't mind backing the team. But it's a tough order man. Their are players in the squad I genuinely back.

Despite people hating on imam and Babar I have said multiple times their world class accumulators, same with saud, Abdullah I back them.

Heck I'm even willing to back fakhar and rizwan because they have come good in the last so I'm willing to accommodate.

I can't ever in my life back shadab, nawaz, agha or chacha though. My stance on bits and pieces hacks will remain unchanged. Faheem was a bad player period. So are these guys. I refuse to acknowledge these guys.

The rest are fine, atleast their genuine batsmen and bowlers
Just rephrase "bits and pieces" players as proper all-rounders.

Agha and Ifti are proper batsmen, should be called batting all-rounders
Shadab, Nawaz maybe are proper all-rounders but on their day, can be good enough to get into the side as pure bowlers.

You need to win 5 at least

There will be some strange results elsewhere that might push you through
Cannot bear to watch another tournament in which we have to rely on other teams. I am so done with that after 2019 WC and 2022 t20 WC.

we need to win 7, simple

Cannot bear to watch another tournament in which we have to rely on other teams. I am so done with that after 2019 WC and 2022 t20 WC.

we need to win 7, simple
What 7 do you recon we will win?

What 7 do you recon we will win?
We won 6 matches last time as well with an inferior squad in English conditions.
Just hope there isn't an upset like what happened against the West Indies last time around and we are good to go

Apart from England and India, we go in as favorites against all other teams

Australia match is 50-50. Hopefully we can win that
Why do you feel we are favourites against Sri Lanka, New Zealand and South Africa?

Mind you, their best XIs and in big matches, they have always superseded us in recent history

funny thing is those complaining here were probably all words of praise for this team not too long ago. one change (hassan in for naseem) and they are singing a different tune now.

Have to back the boys ! Otherwise what’s the point even being on this forum . This is the World Cup .

It’s a decent squad the best they could muster given the circumstances.

The 30 overs between the 10th and the 40th . This team unfortunately has no answers for it against quality opposition .

I will be surprised if they make the semis .

India , Australia , England and SA
it does, waseem jr can reverse swing

Why do you feel we are favourites against Sri Lanka, New Zealand and South Africa?

Mind you, their best XIs and in big matches, they have always superseded us in recent history
Against Sri Lanka, we are definitely favorites. They have been pathetic since 2015. We have to be favorites

South Africa have a big problem at number 7. Marco Jensen is not a good enough batsman to play at that number.
Rabada is also out of form, Nortje is injured. Shamsi and Maharaj dont pose the same threat as spinners from other countries.
Plus their batting isn't that good In subcontinent conditions. Flopped badly in the series they played against India last year

New Zealand would be tough but again Bracewell not playing is a big advantage to other teams. He was the perfect number 7.
But I feel there is a lot of uncertainty there with Neesham back in the mix and Finn Allen dropped.
Williamson is also coming back after a lengthy lay off so dont know how his form will be.

Let's just hope we can win 7 games and not rely on other teams

We won 6 matches last time as well with an inferior squad in English conditions.
Just hope there isn't an upset like what happened against the West Indies last time around and we are good to go
That squad had much more going for it.

More impactful batting for sure with Haris Sohail, a better Fakhar and the utility players (e.g. Imad) were better than the current lot.

The bowling with Aamir, Wahab, a Young Shaheen we’re good too.

I think if Pakistan finish 5th on run rate in this cup, it will be an overachievement beyond their wildest dreams.

Against Sri Lanka, we are definitely favorites. They have been pathetic since 2015. We have to be favorites

South Africa have a big problem at number 7. Marco Jensen is not a good enough batsman to play at that number.
Rabada is also out of form, Nortje is injured. Shamsi and Maharaj dont pose the same threat as spinners from other countries.
Plus their batting isn't that good In subcontinent conditions. Flopped badly in the series they played against India last year

New Zealand would be tough but again Bracewell not playing is a big advantage to other teams. He was the perfect number 7.
But I feel there is a lot of uncertainty there with Neesham back in the mix and Finn Allen dropped.
Williamson is also coming back after a lengthy lay off so dont know how his form will be.

Let's just hope we can win 7 games and not rely on other teams
My friend

If Pakistan lose to India, they will most probably not be able to recover psychologically for the remaining 7 games

Two white balls . No one in modern cricket gets reverse swing in ODI . Maybe Waseem Jr is an exception
Teams do get reverse swing once the wall is 20 overs old. Gul used to get reverse even after 12 overs.

So we would see reverse from 40 to 50 overs

My friend

If Pakistan lose to India, they will most probably not be able to recover psychologically for the remaining 7 games
Lost to India at the last World Cup in 2019 as well. That too quite comprehensively

Went on a winning streak after that

Two white balls . No one in modern cricket gets reverse swing in ODI . Maybe Waseem Jr is an exception
lol bro.

We have done reverse swing in t20 cricket.

also waseem jr has bowled reverse in the start of his career

Lost to India at the last World Cup in 2019 as well. That too quite comprehensively

Went on a winning streak after that
A different era

A different Pakistan.

Pakistan, my beloved Pakistan.

My friend

pakistan never beat India, yet they won a world cup in 1992 and won games after.

India is not the only opposition

pakistan never beat India, yet they won a world cup in 1992 and won games after.

India is not the only opposition
India is the only opposition that causes seismic waves, SHOCKWAVES when they defeat Pakistan.

You lose to them early on, your players will mentally forfeit

India is the only opposition that causes seismic waves, SHOCKWAVES when they defeat Pakistan.

You lose to them early on, your players will mentally forfeit
nope.

We have played them many times, unless the players are mentally not there, India is not that all matters. World Cup is bigger picture.

Even if we lose to India, we should win the world cup. Stop going crazy over India. Either side wil win

nope.

We have played them many times, unless the players are mentally not there, India is not that all matters. World Cup is bigger picture.

Even if we lose to India, we should win the world cup. Stop going crazy over India. Either side wil win
Stop going crazy over what? The inevitable reality?

Also the fans need to stop being hypocrits.

When Fakhar, Hassan Ali and Shadab perform, they are called as Saifi bhai's product
When they fail, they are known as Babar's friends.

My friend

I dont think so. Losing to India will actually be a good thing.

We don't have good captaincy and if we win a single game against SENA/India just think we won the WC. This team of friends and parchis can only go so far and sonay pe suhaga we got the laddoo bowler back as well.

Pakistan cricket is baffling, frustrating, agonising and blood pressure raising like few other sports teams. The criticism is understandable when there's no other Pakistani institution that compete on the world stage.

I'm no fan of Babar's captaincy. It's infuriating how often he repeats mistakes, how slow he is in reading conditions and the game generally.

However I've noticed a weird trend on PP of new hypercritical fans who want to be noticed for their edgy takes - a race to the top (or bottom) for cynicism like that aunty who's never satisfied what clothes you wear or what grades you got.

Fans who'd rather be "proved right" on their opinions than for Pakistan to succeed.

The recent SL Test series was so enjoyable not just because we won, but it took me back to when I was a kid watching cricket on my own for pleasure and escape - without the heat of forum debates and minute-by-minute hot takes. And I gave Babar full credit for his captaincy there.

Why do some folks watch cricket if it causes this much heartache ? Try to enjoy it a bit more - otherwise it must be an unfulfilled life if being proven right on cricket opinions to online strangers is your sole source of happiness.

Pakistan cricket is baffling, frustrating, agonising and blood pressure raising like few other sports teams. The criticism is understandable when there's no other Pakistani institution that compete on the world stage.

I'm no fan of Babar's captaincy. It's infuriating how often he repeats mistakes, how slow he is in reading conditions and the game generally.

However I've noticed a weird trend on PP of new hypercritical fans who want to be noticed for their edgy takes - a race to the top (or bottom) for cynicism like that aunty who's never satisfied what clothes you wear or what grades you got.

Fans who'd rather be "proved right" on their opinions than for Pakistan to succeed.

The recent SL Test series was so enjoyable not just because we won, but it took me back to when I was a kid watching cricket on my own for pleasure and escape - without the heat of forum debates and minute-by-minute hot takes. And I gave Babar full credit for his captaincy there.

Why do some folks watch cricket if it causes this much heartache ? Try to enjoy it a bit more - otherwise it must be an unfulfilled life if being proven right on cricket opinions to online strangers is your sole source of happiness.
potw. Short and simple.

I think everyone is trying to be a mamoon these days. Offcourse even a broken clock will tell you the right time twice in 24hrs. This thing is also been seen in our sports journalists aswell.

I am no fan of Babar Azam, but i still try to enjoy cricket, especially ICC tournaments. I stopped watching Pakistan cricket after Misbah left, however since last few yeas I have been enjoying the PSLs alot and plus when I saw our team perform in the world t20 2021 with Babar beating India, I also started enjoying the game.

The best thing about PSL is that being a fan of Islamabad United, I dont have to put up with these forum debates, because everyone else is either a LQ, KK or PZ fan. IU fans dont have to deal with dumb fans trying to overanalyze and bash the team.

It’s actually a good thing aswell everyone’s entitled to their opinion right or wrong there wouldn’t be much to read if everyone was writing overly optimistic posts but nobody was a realist and could see the underlying problems as that’s how improvement happens.

Players do read forums and can take good advice and follow it sometimes if somebody inside the Pakistan team saw the ODI ranking was false things could have been changed ultimately what’s best for the team is what’s important.

The test series win against Sri Lanka was an example of how a change in approach can be beneficial for the team this took a long time but if nobody said it’s needed it might never have happened.

We always back our team. But still don't want defeat against India in Ahmedabad. Let's see what's gonna happen

Some posters comments on this forum can be summed up simply as crying babies.

They have nothing more to add than that.

Literally this. There are prominent posters with wonderful insight and opinions when it comes to Pakistan cricket; however with that wonderful insight comes this 'holier-than-thou' mindset of wanting to be right over actually supporting the team/being happy if Pakistan win. Like most people on here, Pakistan have a very suspect spin-attack but if Shadab-Nawaz turn up with the ball, then why in the world would I, or anyone else, complain here? I'd be very encouraged as a fan. I'll even put it this way: I would be vehemently upset if Pakistan had brought back Umar Akmal in the squad but if somehow the guy turned up and scored match-winning hundreds during the WC and became a linchpin for Pakistan to go deep in the WC, I'd be very hyped.

If Pakistan somehow won this world cup I wouldn't be too surprised if some folks on PP wouldn't say much or be too happy. Simply because of the fact that the team that they don't rate at all won it all and are too stubborn to accept that maybe, just maybe, Pakistan might be better then they had anticipated.

Just rephrase "bits and pieces" players as proper all-rounders.

Agha and Ifti are proper batsmen, should be called batting all-rounders
Shadab, Nawaz maybe are proper all-rounders but on their day, can be good enough to get into the side as pure bowlers.
Agha is a joke bat, chacha can't play wrist spin for the life of him, literally a poor man's misbah.

Shadab and nawaz are neither good bowlers nor are the good batsmen. They have kept up this allrounder drama because without this facade they know full well their medicore and can't get in the team without either being babar's friends or lying to the public saying their allrounders and contribute with both bat and ball when in reality they suck at both ends.

Also the fans need to stop being hypocrits.

When Fakhar, Hassan Ali and Shadab perform, they are called as Saifi bhai's product
When they fail, they are known as Babar's friends.

To be fair, I said previously that fakhar is not in babar's friends group. He literally was on the verge of being dropped if he didn't score that 114 and 180.

But he got shoved from the 3rd odi, and Babar will throw him under the bus just like zaman Khan but will back shadab for life. Fakhar literally got removed from his t20 opening position so that babar can stat pad in opening.

Fakhar may have been struggling in t20 but we needed babar at 3 to strengthen the top order. Babar and rizwan at the top ruin fakhar and saim at the middle order.

Regardless fakhar was never a Part of the friends group, irrespective of whether he performs or not.

As for shadab, I don't think anyone ever called him a saifi product, atleast not to my Knowledge. The reason why we or well I called shadab a babar friend is because shadab was the worst bowler in the tournament period. Babar was willing to throw zaman Khan under the bus which is fair because zaman clearly probed he is not an international odi player atm, but he was willing to praise shadab? Going so far as to say he bowled well? If he bowled well and didn't take wickets then he'd atleast be economical, the fact he called shadab his best alin bowler clearly shows babar is biased. Theirs no way babar can be that stupid and brain dead.

As for hasan Ali, don't know where the babar friend is coming from, he was never a babar friend lol. Irrespective of whether he performs or not.

Babar's friends circle is basically rizwan, shadab, Nawaz and Shaheen.

Imam, Fakhar, agha, chacha, naseem, Rauf

^^ These boys ain't in the friend circle, Imam was disposable for someone like shan, its just shan is incompetent. So on and so forth.

I don't see any surprises in the squad. Hasan Ali was probably the best available option in the country to replace Naseem Shah and he got his chance. Amir was not playing domestic cricket so he wasn't in contention and I don't think picking the likes of Arshad Iqbal or Aamer Jamal would be a wise thing for such a big event. The squad is certainly have the ability to beat any other team playing in this World Cup.
May be 6 years ago, but for 2-3 years Hasan Ali is not better than a club cricketer. There must be a dozen better fast bowlers in domestic cricket, he has the experience but no pace, height , movement, form or performance .

To be fair, I said previously that fakhar is not in babar's friends group. He literally was on the verge of being dropped if he didn't score that 114 and 180.

But he got shoved from the 3rd odi, and Babar will throw him under the bus just like zaman Khan but will back shadab for life. Fakhar literally got removed from his t20 opening position so that babar can stat pad in opening.

Fakhar may have been struggling in t20 but we needed babar at 3 to strengthen the top order. Babar and rizwan at the top ruin fakhar and saim at the middle order.

Regardless fakhar was never a Part of the friends group, irrespective of whether he performs or not.

As for shadab, I don't think anyone ever called him a saifi product, atleast not to my Knowledge. The reason why we or well I called shadab a babar friend is because shadab was the worst bowler in the tournament period. Babar was willing to throw zaman Khan under the bus which is fair because zaman clearly probed he is not an international odi player atm, but he was willing to praise shadab? Going so far as to say he bowled well? If he bowled well and didn't take wickets then he'd atleast be economical, the fact he called shadab his best alin bowler clearly shows babar is biased. Theirs no way babar can be that stupid and brain dead.

As for hasan Ali, don't know where the babar friend is coming from, he was never a babar friend lol. Irrespective of whether he performs or not.

Babar's friends circle is basically rizwan, shadab, Nawaz and Shaheen.

Imam, Fakhar, agha, chacha, naseem, Rauf

^^ These boys ain't in the friend circle, Imam was disposable for someone like shan, its just shan is incompetent. So on and so forth.
Very well put

Fakhar is the Abdul Razzaq of this era. The quiet, good guy who is easily shoved over.

He will only realise how badly he has been mistreated 3-4 years after he retires from cricket

May be 6 years ago, but for 2-3 years Hasan Ali is not better than a club cricketer. There must be a dozen better fast bowlers in domestic cricket, he has the experience but no pace, height , movement, form or performance .
He was picked for PSL and LPL performances

No worries, he’s got what he campaigned for in his capacity. 14th October, you have to bowl to Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill

My friend

no this is not the case because in the 2022 World Cup also Pakistan lost their opening match againt India but how Pakistan managed to bounce back from that initial setback u must have watched.

i think the whole "friends circle" thing is exaggerated by the bitter players who have fallen out of contention.

There is always a bit of a preference when comes to selectorial matters, sometimes its the chief selector's, other times coach or captain who exercise a strong approach to these things. I think Babar is good for our team because he brings a sort of unity to the table that prevous skippers lacked. and he has enjoyed overwhelming support amongst the boys which most former captains also did not have.

Anyhow, its definitely time to support our boys. We need 6 wins out of 9 to cement a final four spot. I dont think its beyond our grasp at all.

Definitely.

If you cant support the 11 players (whether or not you agree with them) then you are a sad person.

At the end, we need Shadab and Nawaz to perform to win the tournament.

Sadly some fans WANT us to lose because Amir, Imad and Saim were not included in the squad.

Pakistan needs other sports. So these jobless sports journalists can keep themselves busy instead of cooking stories about "Babar friends group"

At the international level, you cannot just survive being the captain's "friend". The only 2 people who are actually his friends (and good friends with Babar's brothers as well) as they have played age cricket together are Imam and Usman Qadir. Where is Usman Qadir? Why can't Babar get him in the team

Pakistan needs other sports. So these jobless sports journalists can keep themselves busy instead of cooking stories about "Babar friends group"

At the international level, you cannot just survive being the captain's "friend". The only 2 people who are actually his friends (and good friends with Babar's brothers as well) as they have played age cricket together are Imam and Usman Qadir. Where is Usman Qadir? Why can't Babar get him in the team
No one is cooking stories. Babar literally supported shadab and nawaz and called them his best bowlers while throwing zaman Khan and Fakhar under the bus.

The bias is very clear from babar's end, just like the bias is clear from your end. Very ironic to call us jobless journalists, when you're the one who's basically a jobless journalist 😂😂.

Need I remind you a journalists literally twists the truth to get a good or biased story? Something you're doing rn. You're so biased that you virtually replied to me telling me shadab is a solid allrounder. Bhai rahnei dei.

Definitely.

If you cant support the 11 players (whether or not you agree with them) then you are a sad person.

At the end, we need Shadab and Nawaz to perform to win the tournament.

Sadly some fans WANT us to lose because Amir, Imad and Saim were not included in the squad.
No one wants to lose. I want Pakistan to dominate, but the whole we need shadab and nawaz thing is probably the biggest joke of the century. These 2 were the worst spinners in the tournament. Even worse the Nepal spinners and those guys were forced to bowl on flat tracks because our groundsmen deliberately designed the pitch that way, Babar was too afraid to deal with lamichene on a spinning wicket since lami walked all over babar in psl lol.

I don't think imad is ideal, but any allrounder is better them shadab and nawaz, heck I'd even take Nepal allrounders over these 2.

As for amir, given his form he's the best replacement for naseem, since ihsanullah is injured sadly.

Saim is in Red hot form atm, and fakhar is not.

That was the criteria of these selections.

Stop being biased for once and think with your head, support ki had hoti hai. We want to make selections beneficial for the team.

The team that inzi chose is the exact same team that landed bottom of the super 4 stage 😂, all he did was remove faheem and remove tayyab even though tayyab didn't get a single game to prove himself. And hasan was brought in for naseem via a forced change.

You don't see anything wrong with inzi choosing the exact same squad that gor cremated in the Asia cup?

Look at England outright dropping Jason Roy, butlers good friend from the squad due to poor performances, In Pakistan its the opposite.

Why can't babar be like Butler?

No one wants to lose. I want Pakistan to dominate, but the whole we need shadab and nawaz thing is probably the biggest joke of the century. These 2 were the worst spinners in the tournament. Even worse the Nepal spinners and those guys were forced to bowl on flat tracks because our groundsmen deliberately designed the pitch that way, Babar was too afraid to deal with lamichene on a spinning wicket since lami walked all over babar in psl lol.

I don't think imad is ideal, but any allrounder is better them shadab and nawaz, heck I'd even take Nepal allrounders over these 2.

As for amir, given his form he's the best replacement for naseem, since ihsanullah is injured sadly.

Stop being biased for once and think with your head, support ki had hoti hai. We want to make selections beneficial for the team.

The team that inzi chose is the exact same team that landed bottom of the super 4 stage 😂, all he did was remove faheem and remove tayyab even though tayyab didn't get a single game to prove himself. And hasan was brought in for naseem via a forced change.

You don't see anything wrong with inzi choosing the exact same squad that gor cremated in the Asia cup?

Look at England outright dropping Jason Roy, butlers good friend from the squad due to poor performances, In Pakistan its the opposite.

Some great points. We got slaughtered in the asia cup. Some atrocious performances, so naturally the squad changes (as it should). And who takes the flak? Haris, Zaman Khan, Tayyab - the guys who hardly got a go!

Way to go Babar! With minds like these…

Because Babar is not as intelligent or arguably as good as Butler in batting.

I think you misunderstood what I said.

Let me try again.

The squad has been announced.

You may not like how the cards are dealt but you have to play the hand.

You can shoot the dealer later after the World Cup for dealing unfairly or giving Pakistan a rough hand.

You literally have this hand to try to win the World Cup.

You can cry about not getting a better hand but will it help you win?

No.

If you have played bridge before you should know its not always the best hand that wins the game.

Its the person who plays his HAND THE BEST who wins the tournament.

We need Shadab to pick up 2 to 3 wickets every match and Nawaz to be 10 overs 1 for 35 every match to win the tournament.

Stop thinking ideal situations.

Learn to think outside the box.

This should be our team.

Fakhar
Abdullah or Imam
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Shadab
Nawaz
Hasan
Haris
Mir
Shaheen

Time for the team to come good.

We can moan about Imad and Amir ( I wanted them both) or we can hope that those selected can perform.

You decide?

Because Babar is not as intelligent or arguably as good as Butler in batting.

I think you misunderstood what I said.

Let me try again.

The squad has been announced.

You may not like how the cards are dealt but you have to play the hand.

You can shoot the dealer later after the World Cup for dealing unfairly or giving Pakistan a rough hand.

You literally have this hand to try to win the World Cup.

You can cry about not getting a better hand but will it help you win?

No.

If you have played bridge before you should know its not always the best hand that wins the game.

Its the person who plays his HAND THE BEST who wins the tournament.

We need Shadab to pick up 2 to 3 wickets every match and Nawaz to be 10 overs 1 for 35 every match to win the tournament.

Stop thinking ideal situations.

Learn to think outside the box.

This should be our team.

Fakhar
Abdullah or Imam
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Shadab
Nawaz
Hasan
Haris
Mir
Shaheen

Time for the team to come good.

We can moan about Imad and Amir ( I wanted them both) or we can hope that those selected can perform.

You decide?

First off, Babar isn't completly brainless, he's nepotistic, he's the type of guy to remove fakhar from the opening slot just so he can occupy it for his t20 milestones his excuse is fakhar wasn't doing well at opening so I'll shove him down to no 3 where he'll perform even worse.

He also threw zaman Khan under the bus bur claimed shadab is Pakistan's best bowler lol.

Brother don't give me philosophical speeches, this so called hand of yours is applicable for imam, haris Rauf, shaheen, Babar and maybe fakhar and rizwan if they end up performing.

This is the hand that may help us win the wc, shadab and nawaz aren't hands, their quite the definition of a handicap for Pakistan.

Shadab isn't taking 2 wickets unless the stars align or he faces a minnow. He might pick up 2 wickets against top teams, but if that happens either shaheen or Rauf did a good job or shadab will be 90 runs conceded for 2 wickets 😂.

This takes the cake for the most longest post that says nothing. Congrats Babar Brigade.

Why should I be forced to back a team built on the foundations on the favouritism of Misbah and Babar.

Some people are senseless, we just got thrashed so badly and inzi selects the same team that got thrashed?

It's the equivalent of a kid getting a F grade in a school exam and rather then addressing the issue of how he can improve, you just tell the kid to give the paper again expecting the result to be different. Unless changes are made, the kid ain't getting an A grade.

It's the same analogy with this team, we got a F grade in the Asia cup super 4 stage but now we Select the exact same team and people want us to back this team thinking the result will be different 😂😂, like their still getting a F grade lol.

Azam Khan is doing injustice to himself and Pakistan by not reducing his weight

Bari baat nahi karni chahiye but the guy is just as good as Buttler and Maxwell. Our team has been looking for a proper power-hitter for the longest time and he is the answer to that problem

First off, Babar isn't completly brainless, he's nepotistic, he's the type of guy to remove fakhar from the opening slot just so he can occupy it for his t20 milestones his excuse is fakhar wasn't doing well at opening so I'll shove him down to no 3 where he'll perform even worse.

He also threw zaman Khan under the bus bur claimed shadab is Pakistan's best bowler lol.

Brother don't give me philosophical speeches, this so called hand of yours is applicable for imam, haris Rauf, shaheen, Babar and maybe fakhar and rizwan if they end up performing.

This is the hand that may help us win the wc, shadab and nawaz aren't hands, their quite the definition of a handicap for Pakistan.

Shadab isn't taking 2 wickets unless the stars align or he faces a minnow. He might pick up 2 wickets against top teams, but if that happens either shaheen or Rauf did a good job or shadab will be 90 runs conceded for 2 wickets 😂.

No one is forcing you to back the team.

However, it is hypocritical that if only certain players were included you would support them and then support the team.

Since they are not included, you dont support the team anymore.

That means you don't support Pakistan.

You support the players who make up the Pakistan team.

No two ways about it.

lol bro.

We have done reverse swing in t20 cricket.

also waseem jr has bowled reverse in the start of his career
Ok bro . I am gonna watch the World Cup and see if he does manage to reverse swing . I didn’t see any reverse swing for Pak bowlers in the Asia Cup so l am curious 🧐

Teams do get reverse swing once the wall is 20 overs old. Gul used to get reverse even after 12 overs.

So we would see reverse from 40 to 50 overs
Very very mild bro . I am not sure if it is enough to trouble the batsmen. Let’s see

No one is forcing you to back the team.

However, it is hypocritical that if only certain players were included you would support them and then support the team.

Since they are not included, you dont support the team anymore.

That means you don't support Pakistan.

You support the players who make up the Pakistan team.

No two ways about it.
No, it's because certain players are included that I don't support the team, not because certain players are excluded.

I support pakistan if they weren't brain dead and nepotistic.

Look at England, their choosing their best 15, so much so that Jason Roy a literal match winner is not in the team because he was performing poorly.

Shadab, Nawaz, Fakhar, agha these lads have been performing extremely extremely poorly for a long long time now. Fakhar is in due to impact which is non existent, and the other 2 are in due to clear as day friendship.

I do not mind others in the team, but I do mind non performers, agha hasn't performed since Sri lanka test, shadab and nawaz haven't performed this whole year, Fakhar hasn't performed since the NZ series.

Why couldn't pcb just do what ecb did? Ecb actually cares about winning the cup and actually choosing their best 15.

Don't bring imad, amir, or saim even though saim and Amir are performing, sure don't bring them in.

Bring anyone that's performing in for these non performers. It's clear that these guys only care about their friendship.

Look at India, they dropped sanju sampson only after non performing and kohli gave him a call explaining why he was dropped and that he shouldn't be disheartened. They dropped him and shikhar Dhawan and so many others simply because Gill was superior to dhawan and dhawan has fizzled out, same with sanju, Kishan and Rahul are superior. They even dropped pant for the same reason,

Why? Because they actually care about making the best 15 possible, with only rohit's own captaincy being questionable due to his form, the rest 14 are perfect. We dropped tayyab even though he was the highest scorer in the emerging Asia cup and he didn't even get a game. India rotated all their players, so did England, we rotated nothing.

Why can't you understand? Look at England and India and see how they select. Everyone here keeps talking about lack of talent, bhai talent tab hi develop hota hai if you groom that talent by giving them an extended rope. Kya wo larkei already Sachin Tendulkar ban Jaaei? Why are we sticking to bits and pieces tried and tested failures 😭.

No, it's because certain players are included that I don't support the team, not because certain players are excluded.

Look at England, their choosing their best 15, so much so that Jason Roy a literal match winner is not in the team because he was performing poorly.

Shadab, Nawaz, Fakhar, agha these lads have been performing extremely extremely poorly for a long long time now. Fakhar is in due to impact which is non existent, and the other 2 are in due to clear as day friendship.

I do not mind others in the team, but I do mind non performers, agha hasn't performed since Sri lanka test, shadab and nawaz haven't performed this whole year, Fakhar hasn't performed since the NZ series.

Why couldn't pcb just do what ecb did? Ecb actually cares about winning the cup and actually choosing their best 15.

Don't bring imad, amir, or saim even though saim and Amir are performing, sure don't bring them in.

Bring anyone that's performing in for these non performers. It's clear that these guys only care about their friendship.

Look at India, they dropped sanju sampson only after non performing and kohli gave him a call explaining why he was dropped and that he shouldn't be disheartened. They dropped him and shikhar Dhawan and so many others simply because Gill was superior to dhawan and dhawan has fizzled out, same with sanju, Kishan and Rahul are superior. They even dropped pant for the same reason,

Why? Because they actually care about making the best 15 possible, with only rohit's own captaincy being questionable due to his form, the rest 14 are perfect. We dropped tayyab even though he was the highest scorer in the emerging Asia cup and he didn't even get a game. India rotated all their players, so did England, we rotated nothing.

Why can't you understand? Look at England and India and see how they select. Everyone here keeps talking about lack of talent, bhai talent tab hi develop hota hai if you groom that talent by giving them an extended rope. Kya wo larkei already Sachin Tendulkar ban Jaaei? Why are we sticking to bits and pieces tried and tested failures 😭.
I don't read much that you write as its factually incorrect but Jason Roy was NEVER out of form in ODIs. His record overall and recent record in ODIs is stellar
He was not selected as Harry Brook can bat at any position from 1 to 6. Was a harsh call but with the abundance of talent England have right now, it seems fair

How many matches has Salman Ali Agha been out of form for? And Fakhar?
It's so ironic that at the end, you speak about giving an EXTENDED RUN to players lol

Bhai do you even read what you write?

Some people are senseless, we just got thrashed so badly and inzi selects the same team that got thrashed?

It's the equivalent of a kid getting a F grade in a school exam and rather then addressing the issue of how he can improve, you just tell the kid to give the paper again expecting the result to be different. Unless changes are made, the kid ain't getting an A grade.

It's the same analogy with this team, we got a F grade in the Asia cup super 4 stage but now we Select the exact same team and people want us to back this team thinking the result will be different 😂😂, like their still getting a F grade lol.

Granted, but then do you seriously believe that a squad with multiple debutants and changes made on the eve of a WC is also going to succeed?

By your analogy - if the kid needs to re-sit the exam the very next day, you don't sit down and teach them the entire syllabus in 24 hours. You work with what they already know and try to maximize marks to get passing marks.

Back