Kashmir Willow/Bats

Ummer Khan

Local Club Regular
Runs
since i am from KASHMIR,i am very much interested in knowing about kashmir willow bats.........

i thing that i know about them are they are small for the weight compared to ENGLISH willow bats..........

since many of the posters in this scetion are club level cricketers, i want to know technical details about these bats and if they are worth buying or not...................

I think generally they are much harder than English willow bats so can last but they don't ping as good.

Kashmiri Willow tends to be heavier compare to English Willow plus as 90MPH Bhai said they are quite harder compare to English Willow.

They cost around Rs. 400-700 so personally I'd never buy them but even if you buy and don't like them then its not a big loss to be honest.

To be honest, I don't find them to be horrible. I've used a few in the nets though I've never owned one and can say that they're probably not as bad as people say.

As has been mentioned, they're a bit brittle and tend to develop surface cracks but they play decently.

To be honest, I wouldn't use one in a match but that's me speaking as an opener; if you bat low down or just want a practice bat, there's no reason Kashmir willow won't suffice.

I use a SS kashmir willow middling bat in the nets sometimes and it plays and sounds like a EW bat. Kashmir willow bats are not as bad as people think you do get some which will play just as well as EW and better.

Kashmiri Willow tends to be heavier compare to English Willow plus as 90MPH Bhai said they are quite harder compare to English Willow.

They cost around Rs. 400-700 so personally I'd never buy them but even if you buy and don't like them then its not a big loss to be honest.

what are u talking about....................400-700(Rs-pk) i.e. 200-400 (Rs-IND).......

I know they are priced less than their english counter parts but this much,i don`t think that they are priced this low......at these prices i used to buy bats when i was 13/14 year old...............

a decent bat direct from the factory costs anywhere between 1000-2000(indian rupees).........

what are u talking about....................400-700(Rs-pk) i.e. 200-400 (Rs-IND).......

I know they are priced less than their english counter parts but this much,i don`t think that they are priced this low......at these prices i used to buy bats when i was 13/14 year old...............

a decent bat direct from the factory costs anywhere between 1000-2000(indian rupees).........

Bhai Sabb, Kashmiri Willow are dead cheap!

Not sure where exactly you live and what is the market but in Lahore, I'm sure you can get it for Rs. 700

Bhai Sabb, Kashmiri Willow are dead cheap!

Not sure where exactly you live and what is the market but in Lahore, I'm sure you can get it for Rs. 700

i live in kashmir....................yes u may get it for even less,but does that mean they are real deal.........no

market wise,it is no brainer..........u always get goods comparatively at cheaper rates at the point of production...................

I was quoting u the rates,when i had not even joined my medical school...guess about 7 years back

By decent bat did you mean Kashmiri Willow or English Willow?

Also I think Indian bats are tad expensive compare to Pakistani's.

By decent bat did you mean Kashmiri Willow or English Willow?

Also I think Indian bats are tad expensive compare to Pakistani's.

kashmir willow.....check SG website

It seems to be that way...... top of the range indian bats(SG-SUNNY LEGEND) cost around 20,000(INR)i.e around 36,000 pak RS...........while their pakistani counterparts MB and CA LE TRD cost around 18000-20000 PKR(~INR 10000)..............

Last edited:
Thats what I'm saying Indian bats are slightly expensive and since opinion differs for everyone I find Pakistani bats better than Indians...

Thats what I'm saying Indian bats are slightly expensive and since opinion differs for everyone I find Pakistani bats better than Indians...

i will take ur word......................thank bhai for the information

Personally, I have used a lot of kashmir bats (Indian brands) and one AS KW and like them a lot.

Kashmir bats are great value for money.

The issue is finding a good one - since they are cheaper in price they usually have cheaper handles fitted on them.

The more expensive Kashmir from Indian brands (SS) cost over Rs 1000- Rs 1500 coz they have generally better willow (than the lower priced) and a better handle <- most imp.

Kashmir is more heavier than English coz its more denser willow.

So when Pak companies like AS try to make big bats out of KW they dont last long at all.

When it comes to English willow it is debatable whether Indian bats are better or Pak ones. Both sides have some good makes and models.

in terms of Kashmir willow there is no comparison- Indian branded bats are much better. This might be partly because of the demand factor. - think most ppl in pak expect not to pay much for KW bats and want them big. So manufacturers are using cheaper handles and overdrying them to make look big like EW bats.

Most of the Pak players that I have spoken to - feel that KW bats are super cheap and not good enough. When I let them try my bats they are pleasantly surprised. one friend who had a net session with my bat was shocked when I told him it was 2.13. he felt it was much lighter and went so well.

i have had a few good KW and they have served me well- they go especially well against bowling machines. BDM make some of the best KW bats (stickers arent best) that I have ever played with. Better than some of the $400 hard pressed bats. Lots of ping and long life.

here is the golden tip- never pick a super light kashmir willow bat!

Personally, I have used a lot of kashmir bats (Indian brands) and one AS KW and like them a lot.

Kashmir bats are great value for money.

The issue is finding a good one - since they are cheaper in price they usually have cheaper handles fitted on them.

The more expensive Kashmir from Indian brands (SS) cost over Rs 1000- Rs 1500 coz they have generally better willow (than the lower priced) and a better handle <- most imp.

Kashmir is more heavier than English coz its more denser willow.

So when Pak companies like AS try to make big bats out of KW they dont last long at all.

When it comes to English willow it is debatable whether Indian bats are better or Pak ones. Both sides have some good makes and models.

in terms of Kashmir willow there is no comparison- Indian branded bats are much better. This might be partly because of the demand factor. - think most ppl in pak expect not to pay much for KW bats and want them big. So manufacturers are using cheaper handles and overdrying them to make look big like EW bats.

Most of the Pak players that I have spoken to - feel that KW bats are super cheap and not good enough. When I let them try my bats they are pleasantly surprised. one friend who had a net session with my bat was shocked when I told him it was 2.13. he felt it was much lighter and went so well.

i have had a few good KW and they have served me well- they go especially well against bowling machines. BDM make some of the best KW bats (stickers arent best) that I have ever played with. Better than some of the $400 hard pressed bats. Lots of ping and long life.

here is the golden tip- never pick a super light kashmir willow bat!

BHAI......You summed it up to perfection.......

Kashmir willow due to its higher moisture content is heavier than EW, which is partly also the reason for its longevity but stroke making is compromised to some extent.

It is believed that,willows in order of quality are

EW G1+ > EW G1 > EW G2 > TOP GRADE KW > EW G3 >EW G4

btw i would like u people to know that INDIAN BATMAKERS acquire the willow illegally from KASHMIR as there is a blanket ban on sale and purchase of WILLOW outside KASHMIR............which means the whatever willow the batmakers acquire in indian mainland from KASHMIR, through illegal syndicates is not necessarily TOP GRADE and hence very rarely u get a good quality KW bats.

Last edited:
the ban in India is to make sure that the bat making industry stays in Kashmir.

you have to make bats and then you can export them to other parts.

what they do is fit handles into uncompleted clefts of wood and then send them everywhere else (mostly jalandhar city in Punjab)

Spot on bro..............but due to the turmoil in the valley since 1989, bat manufacturing units have been dented severely..............

So, despite having raw material, KASHMIR bat manufacturing industry still relies on the traditional bat making methods/techniques and tbh they are more interested in quantity than quality

Back