Kent v Pakistan | Kent | June 28 - 30 | 3 day tour game

Status
Not open for further replies.
job well done Aamer hopefully after this spell we will not see him bowl again in this game can't overbowl the main seam attack.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOONE !, Boy, our youngsters are coming of age, first akmal jr and now aamir.

AFRIDI should hve come in instead of malik but i think he is giving malik a chance to loosen up b4 the international matches ... he might use him as a 6th bowler .. later on the tour ..

azhar mahmood, big chance for him, if he does well, selectors will be watching :p

MAJID-SHAH said:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOONE !, Boy, our youngsters are coming of age, first akmal jr and now aamir.
relax its a 3 day game against Kent 2nd XI.

Anyone taking note of the mode of dismissals? When our bowlers' fates are not in the hands of the fielders they easily pick up wickets. Butt took a good 'un today aswell from what my mate at the match told me.
Problem is clean bowling/lbwing top class international batsmen is a little more difficult so lets hope Butt takes his catching form (!) into the real matches.

Last edited:
talha.raja said:
azhar mahmood, big chance for him, if he does well, selectors will be watching :p

thres no chance he will play for pak again

maybe hes just relaxing for a while and just letting his bowlers get into their rythem on the condtions

talha.raja said:
I would feel nervous if a batsman of his (lack of) quality scores runs against us.

sakss said:
thres no chance he will play for pak again

yea i know i was only joking...
but on a serious note, him and yasir arafat are very similar players and both have never really been given long chances unfortunately, the reason??

being in the shadow of ABDUL RAZZAQ

malik probably paied them not to make runs or just told them put ur hand on the bible you wont make any runs and they said okay we give you maidens

yeh he was decent in the early years under wasim

but atleast he tried init not like rana who under younis khan didnt want to perform

Captain fantastic shying away from bowling responsibilities.One aspect that is being underrated is his role as the 5th bowler this summer.

Xoib said:
Captain fantastic shying away from bowling responsibilities.One aspect that is being underrated is his role as the 5th bowler this summer.

Yeah, now bash him for not bowling. And if he had bowled someone might have said why not give Malik/Rehman/Wahab a go.

Afridi will remain a loser on this forum. ;-)

Afridi_Fan said:
Yeah, now bash him for not bowling. And if he had bowled someone might have said why not give Malik/Rehman/Wahab a go.

:19:

Afridi_Fan said:

not bashing just pointing out how his 5th bowling role is being understated.

Xoib said:

So there was not a hint of "sarcasm" in your tone, when you termed Afridi as Captain Fantastic and said that he is "shying away"?

If so, then yeah you were just pointing out, not bashing.

Xoib said:
Have you ever played an international game? Have you ever played in a first class game? Have you even played at the club level (ok maybe you have).

Let the professional do his job :19:

talha.raja said:
yea i know i was only joking...
but on a serious note, him and yasir arafat are very similar players and both have never really been given long chances unfortunately, the reason??

being in the shadow of ABDUL RAZZAQ

tbh thre both similar and crap...azhar mehmood had a pretty long run and his record isnt flattering at all

Afridi_Fan said:
So there was not a hint of "sarcasm" in your tone, when you termed Afridi as Captain Fantastic and said that he is "shying away"?

If so, then yeah you were just pointing out, not bashing.
lol don't get defensive of your hero, I also like Afridi but do point out the mistakes he is making. I do believe he should be bowling not Malik because he has not bowled much is the longer format for a long time and his bowling will be important this summer.

azhar doing alright he got a advantage he can understand what the pakistani are saying lool

Xoib said:
lol don't get defensive of your hero, I also like Afridi but do point out the mistakes he is making. I do believe he should be bowling not Malik because he has not bowled much is the longer format for a long time and his bowling will be important this summer.

Do I sound like defensive? Does Afridi need anyone to defend him?

Afridi has been bowling continuously in International cricket for the past decade so it Malik who needs to roll his arms not Afridi.

But if you understand that, then how can you bash The Beast. ;-)

sakss said:
is that on frequency 9211 :))
Well the Channel 420 was in reference to something real which will allow you to effectively tune into Imagination TV in HD.

look it dont really make a diffrence if afridi bowls against kent to be honest its just a 3 day match

COMEBACKID said:
look it dont really make a diffrence if afridi bowls against kent to be honest its just a 3 day match

True, but practise wont do any harm. :afridi

COMEBACKID said:

Oh No. If someone understands that then how can Afridi be Captain Fantastic.

MAJID-SHAH said:
True, but practise wont do any harm. :afridi

Practice?

The guy has been bowling his Full Quota whenever Pakistan plays a game and he still needs practice more than a guy who hardly bowls? :malik

thanks ali

maybe he feels he dont need to bowl right now he got plenty of wicket takers we dont know what he is thinking

Can Afridi use his action like Shane Warne?He should try to spin the bowl,more leg breaks in tests,if he wanna be a successful bowler in Test Matches.

COMEBACKID said:
thanks ali

maybe he feels he dont need to bowl right now he got plenty of wicket takers we dont know what he is thinking
np :19:

I cant wait for the pakistan australia t20s two fast bowlers are going to be on display

but shoiab is slightley slower but tait is causing havoc right now

Why isn't the captain bowling more? He thinks Malik will provide him with breakthroughs throughout the series ?

COMEBACKID said:
I cant wait for the pakistan australia t20s two fast bowlers are going to be on display

but shoiab is slightley slower but tait is causing havoc right now

Is he?

Nonsense being talked about Afridi again...

When was the last time Afridi bowled in a 3 day game, let alone in a test match!!

I dont care if he bowls 10 overs or 4 overs in every limited overs game he plays in, he still needs to practice in the longer game..His lines, lengths and the pace etc will be different in the longer game...test Matches are not about getting wickets by drying up the runs!!!

Having said that, its still early days on this tour and hopefully he'll either bowl last in this match or in the next practice match...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back