Kent v Pakistan | Kent | June 28 - 30 | 3 day tour game

Status
Not open for further replies.
if amin doesnt make 40 minimum in second innings, sorry but hes not getting the first test match for me. and he doesnt get another proper match unless he performs in one of the warm ups.
first proper matches we need a full team, not to try out young ones. its important we get off to a good start in this tour.

so Pak going to bat nw
will be nice to see Umar Amin getting runs

talha.raja said:
if amin doesnt make 40 minimum in second innings, sorry but hes not getting the first test match for me. and he doesnt get another proper match unless he performs in one of the warm ups.
first proper matches we need a full team, not to try out young ones. its important we get off to a good start in this tour.

Umar Amin could smash a century and he will still get dropped.

Yasir Hameed will be selected over him on the basis of seniority.

we got lead in the first innings, now thats a healthy sign even against Kent.

kingusama92 said:

true but if he smashes a century, fawad could get the drop

kingusama92 said:

Considering how hard it is to break into a national side i believe Umar Amin is getting more than enough chances to prove himself. He played all 3 games in Asia Cup and did nothing and still got selected for England tour. Now he played T20 warm up and this 3 day warm up game and he still hasn't come up with anything substantial. I don't want him to be dropped but he has to score some runs otherwise its curtains for him.

Fadu need to step out the shell and score some runs in this inning if he wana impress the selectors....

Now Fawad really needs to show his worth..poor guy was unlucky in the first innings!

I'm Praying for Umar Amin. Hope he will score some runs with good confidence. Because, If he can buildup his confidence from here, He will be able to show better run on the Aus and Eng Series..

Aamin.

Wow,getting out twice to Azhar's gentle straightners!!Give me a friggin' break......

Hilfehaus,Anderson and co,gonna eat him,shocking stuff really...:butt..

Seen Sheen said:
Wow,getting out twice to Azhar's gentle straightners!!Give me a friggin' break......

Hilfehaus,Anderson and co,gonna eat him,shocking stuff really...:butt..

Got lbw by same bowler prob in the same style no need to worry :37:
:butt was always a slow learner.

Butt saab continue to stay in terrific form. Why are we so inept against seam bowling??

this is a joke now :butt cant play a straight ball look at every other teams openers and look at ours comeplete joke and yet this is county team let austraila get their hands on the team

butt is one of those few inform batsmen in da pakistan line up..he l do gud against da ausies insha allah :)

COMEBACKID said:
this is a joke now :butt cant play a straight ball look at every other teams openers and look at ours comeplete joke and yet this is county team let austraila get their hands on the team

Australia are literally going to rape us..I think we should took the pathli galli route and get outta there asap! Save the total embarrassment of 13-0 or whatever it is!

I just hope these two score runs..
this is the opportunity of their life to impress b4 the first test..

though fawad is not in test squad... still cofused why he is playing ...

they might have change the squad now

hopefully umar will get going now show us his class instead of having us doubt him every game :)

Seems like Azhar Mahmood has a new bunny :butt

Crap man. I want these guys to perform against this Kent weak bowling defense.

people were saying azhar is a joke and hes not good but looks like he got the so called "INFORM" salman but out twice early

adnan yasin said:
I just hope these two score runs..
this is the opportunity of their life to impress b4 the first test..

though fawad is not in test squad... still cofused why he is playing ...

they might have change the squad now

Maybe Afridi trying to help Fawad out with maximum amount of chances..and also maybe somehow try to get him into the test squad if he performs..

Salman butt's BIG weakness: Inswinger. He will get out LBW or bowled.

I am sure ENG and AUS are watching.

COMEBACKID said:
people were saying azhar is a joke and hes not good but looks like he got the so called "INFORM" salman but out twice early

Thats because Azhar bowls very good inswingers to left handers and Butt has a weakness against inswingers.

Hence two occassion out of two and Butt is done twice.

iRfaN_LA said:
Salman butt's BIG weakness: Inswinger. He will get out LBW or bowled.
Nail on the head. This is exactly what will happen unless the sun continues to beat down throughout each day of each test. Any hint of swing and it'll be the number 3 virtually opening.

mmkextreme_1 said:
Maybe Afridi trying to help Fawad out with maximum amount of chances..and also maybe somehow try to get him into the test squad if he performs..

yeah thats for sure ... in my opinion ... he is playing cauz of afridi influence...though his influence wasnt enough to get him in the test squad ..

but if he is playing in the 3 day game ... then there is something fishy going on there ... in the camp

u never know he might play in the test match as a number 3 batsman

*syed59* said:
Thats because Azhar bowls very good inswingers to left handers and Butt has a weakness against inswingers.

Hence two occassion out of two and Butt is done twice.

then at this level what are you doing shouldnt you know all of this come on look there is lots of talent out there its just about trying if you have a weakness you work on it not just hope they dont bowl it again thats the problem here he got bowled by malinga in the asia cup but didnt learn now he is getting plum lbw

shabash Umar shabash, puri baari ley kar khel, aaj out naheen hona! :42:

COMEBACKID said:
then at this level what are you doing shouldnt you know all of this come on look there is lots of talent out there its just about trying if you have a weakness you work on it not just hope they dont bowl it again thats the problem here he got bowled by malinga in the asia cup but didnt learn now he is getting plum lbw

Know that mate and agree with it. Not defending Butt at all.

But you can try giving some structure to your posts. :)

Sledger said:
Nail on the head. This is exactly what will happen unless the sun continues to beat down throughout each day of each test. Any hint of swing and it'll be the number 3 virtually opening.

Ahem...

''Pakistan made 360 all out in perfect batting conditions following a dismal start against a makeshift-looking Kent side.''

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/match_report/0,19822,11066_85197,00.html

Who said it had to swing or seam or move or non-perfect conditions ...

Sledger said:
What the hell,I mean come on,the particular bowler bowls at around 125kph and he cant play the ball coming in to him at such a luxurious pace...:butt

If he gets out to the likes of Anderson and Hifenhaus,then I would say that ok thats his weak area but getting out to Azhar Mehmood twice in the same fashion reflects that there is a major,major flaw in his technique....:inti

Last edited:
your saying it like azhar is a joke he is still a decent bowler and look its a good thing it happend know then later he got time to improve

pak blwers are very god in english condtions jus look at gul n aamir

n even malik is geting wickets

shabash Umar, shabash Fadi, aaj out naheen hona!

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
ok, I'll go kill myself after Amin's innings.
AZ,Butt has been in terrific form of late but getting out to Azhar in an identical way twice is not very encouraging...

talha.raja said:
whats ur point?
riaz has worse best figures and rehman is a full time spinner
whilst malik is not just an allrounder but a batting allrounder.

show me another batting allrounder in the world with better first class figures than that and then talk sarcastically with me.

Firstly Riaz may haveone wicket less in his best bowling figures but his overall average is much better then Malik's...

Anyway, my point is that yes Malik's got a good 'best bowling figure' but then so do two others playing in this game and these guys are no where near worldclass...So perhaps domestic firctclass bowling figures aint anything to shout about...

Secondly, Malik FC figures are not great and certainly no where near the best for an allrounder and this is just in Pakistan domestic cricket...His bowling average is 30, which is pretty much the same as his batting average...Take a look at Rana's or Arafats' or even Mehmouds overall FC figures and you'll see what I'm talking about...

Mehmoud - Batting Average 31.36 / bowling average 25.23
Rana - Batting Average 23.11 / bowling average 24.39
Yasir Arafat - Batting Average 27.08 / bowling average 24.23

In the case of the above three, they all played many years in English County Cricket, which most people would agree is far more difficult then playing in Pakistan First Class System...Malik hasnt even played a full season of county cricket!

This does beg the question, when Malik is averaging 30 with bat and ball in fc cricket and 30 odd with the bat at test level and 63 with the ball at test level, how is it that he keeps getting selected over other more deserving individuals???

Last edited:
they are scoring steadily :) .. mashallah ...

i hope they play till lunch tomorrow atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back