Kent v Pakistan | Kent | June 28 - 30 | 3 day tour game

Status
Not open for further replies.
can they change da test squad if wanted later after makin da squad public or finalizing it once?? it cud be done only due to injuries eh??

Butt got owned by Azhar mahmood in both inns i see!

adnan yasin said:
they are scoring steadily :) .. mashallah ...

i hope they play till lunch tomorrow atleast
May be But I want them to play the whole day tomorrow....Spending some quality time in the middle is only gonna help our batters....:fawad

Pakistan should include Fawad in test sqaud. why he wasnt is a joke!

For all the criticism dished out against Salman Butt, he has arguably been one of the more consistent performers of the Pakistan team. Admittedly that doesn't say a lot given how inconsistent our current crop are. He performed admirably in the T20 World Cup almost topping the batting charts in the tournament and was our leading run scorer in Australia over the winter. For all the talk of blooding youth let's not forget he is only 25 and has time on his hands. He is not the finished article, far from it, his fielding and running between the wickets leave a lot to be desired, but constantly berating one of our more consistent performers is a little unfair.

In relation to Umar Amin, I genuinely think this kid will go far. Again, he is only 20 years old - so lets temper expectations. Of course he's going to have the odd failure, but he seems like a well organised batsman with a sound temperament who has earned his place in the squad with solid domestic performances. I suppose it's a testatament to the times that we live in that if a batsman is not hitting it out of the park he's deemed a failure.

There's a lot to be said for persevering and nurturing young talent. We all know how Saeed Anwar started - a pair on debut and yet today we remember him fondly as one of our greatest ever openers.

Shahidumar said:
can they change da test squad if wanted later after makin da squad public or finalizing it once?? it cud be done only due to injuries eh??

I dont see any reason why they can't change it. It's not an ICC tournament or something.

hopefully the younsters will get their names on the board at lords aswell:)

Umar akmal , Umar amin , Fawad alam if they use him

Fawad's average just went above 56 with the boundaries.... thanks Mohsin Khan for selecting him for T20 and not for Tests.

oh, and thanks tour management for playing Fawad in 3 day practice match when he wasn't in test squad, instead of playing someone who was selected (azhar ali, farhat, anyone)

Wow ! Umar Amin got into double figures :)) Cmon lad,knuckle down and get some runs !

Sohail_1981 said:
For all the criticism dished out against Salman Butt, he has arguably been one of the more consistent performers of the Pakistan team. Admittedly that doesn't say a lot given how inconsistent our current crop are. He performed admirably in the T20 World Cup almost topping the batting charts in the tournament and was our leading run scorer in Australia over the winter. For all the talk of blooding youth let's not forget he is only 25 and has time on his hands. He is not the finished article, far from it, his fielding and running between the wickets leave a lot to be desired, but constantly berating one of our more consistent performers is a little unfair.

In relation to Umar Amin, I genuinely think this kid will go far. Again, he is only 20 years old - so lets temper expectations. Of course he's going to have the odd failure, but he seems like a well organised batsman with a sound temperament who has earned his place in the squad with solid domestic performances. I suppose it's a testatament to the times that we live in that if a batsman is not hitting it out of the park he's deemed a failure.

There's a lot to be said for persevering and nurturing young talent. We all know how Saeed Anwar started - a pair on debut and yet today we remember him fondly as one of our greatest ever openers.

well said

Sohail_1981 said:

:)) Thats the best 'debut post' by a new user I've seen.I'll enjoy reading your posts !

Last edited:
Awesome_Username said:
I dont see any reason why they can't change it. It's not an ICC tournament or something.

there is no restriction, PCB can add members and just pay for their travel/boarding (since host limits to certain number). But in this case we are considered Host anyway, so we'll be paying either way. the only thing it would be a slap in the face of selectors/PCB if they had to do that without any injury/reason to add/change squad. But they have done it many times before, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened. Come on Fawad, score a 150+

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
shabash Umar, shabash Fadi, aaj out naheen hona!

Don't worry, lala naa juttiaaan aur belt tyaaaar rakhaa hay dono kaay leeey. Agar out hoaay tou kheer nhi hay.

Butt ko tou already murgha banaya hoa ho gaaa locker room maay. Ankeen dekha dekha kay tung agya tha lala :afridi

^^Sohail bhai,welcome to pp..:)

We are not denying the fact that Butt has been in terrific form for some time now..We are only worried about his deficiencies against the inconming deliveries....Azhar dismissed him twice with the inswingers and we all know that he is a 'slow medium pacer'.Certainly, these are not very encouraging signs for Butt and the team.....

gr8 going by fawad alam ... 5 4s :) so far .. mashallah .

come on . see off the day for us

maybe afridi is tryin to make a point here to da selecters by playin alam in da side..shud be someting goin behind da scene as usual..all gud if fawad plays in da test side..hopefuly its posible to change da squad..and if dat happens maybe yasir hameed or azhar ali mite have to fly bak home

Sohail_1981 said:

By continuing to tolerate his fielding lapses, selectors and PCB are sending the wrong message to the youngsters that you can make the team even if you are horrible in the field. Contrast that with Aus where one cannot make the team if you cannot field commensurate with international standards.

but 1 thing these guys should know the game before they come to this level not come there and then learn it thats not cricket look at australia south africa and many more teams they groom their players build them not chuck them in international level your going to learn there son thats like bangladesh look at mohammad ashraful he was ment to be somthing special now look no grooming thats what happend

I think Afridi has sent out a strong message to Ejaz Butt but playing Fawad at number 3 in each of the innings!!!

If Fawad gets re-called for the test I will give plenty of kudos to Afridi!!!

feel sorry for farhat..he wud hav had high hopes in getin da openers slot easily for this commin up test match

hopefully he does do dua for him

but i think he has not done any thing wrong he deserves his place

dont worry farhat will get his father in law to bully ijaz butt again loool
what has cricket come to

IMMY69 said:
I think Afridi has sent out a strong message to Ejaz Butt but playing Fawad at number 3 in each of the innings!!!

If Fawad gets re-called for the test I will give plenty of kudos to Afridi!!!

Oh well am sure Fisherman Hameed and tinpot malik will score loads of nice 20s in test series in fawads place! :po:

loool fisherman hammed lool because he is always fishing but he has said he improved using the tape ball :))))

since this is home series for pak...so fawad alam can be called to the squad....

Shahidumar said:
its a bit freaky wen fawad shuffles across da crease wen he faces quickies

dont worry he is chander paul part 2 he knows what he is doing and what suits him

COMEBACKID said:
umar amin moves to 36 not to far from 50 come on umar

where areyou seeing 36 - i'm not seeing that score in crapinfo and bbc

umar amin is going to score big inshallah in england this summer.hope sanity prevails among the selectors and they play fawad instead of malik and crappy co. and our middle order of amin,fawad and umar comes on top

Seen Sheen said:
You have a point here but but whom will he replace..?:malik

he doesn't have to replace (unless injury) he can simply be added as 18th member, but that would be slap in the face of selectors and also a little unfair to selected batsmen (hameed, azhar ali, farhat, etc) who are not even being given chance to play this 3 day match when they are in test squad!!

no offense but ejaz butt is a guy wid a lot of ego..so he mite not change da squad cz if he does then that wud be like afridi has made a point to him

when u say unless injury is a good point we all should go and injure him with a cricket bat and a tennis racket :))))

delighted to see amin finally showing his class, looks quite steady...

fawad_wellwisher said:
By continuing to tolerate his fielding lapses, selectors and PCB are sending the wrong message to the youngsters that you can make the team even if you are horrible in the field. Contrast that with Aus where one cannot make the team if you cannot field commensurate with international standards.

Fair point. In an ideal world you would replace Salman Butt with someone who could field better and contribute at least as many runs. Unfortunately, we're not exactly overwhelmed with options in this department. If we were to start ostracising players on the basis of their fielding alone, I'm not sure we'd have much of a team left - certainly Salman Butt, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Aamer, Shoaib Akhtar would be facing the axe if we were to use that yardstick.

Whilst not exactly a great example, Inzamam's inability to run or field was tolerated on the basis that he contributed sufficient runs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for a second trying to equate Salman Butt with Inzamam, but surely if you are to make a stand based on policy, a consistent approach would be required.

In the absence of any real alternatives of a replacement opener, we have to ensure that we nurture and develop these kids then to improve. They have not exactly been blessed with a proper domestic cricket structure. Whilst we can all point to the superior Aussie/English fielding our players unfortunately have not had the luxury of the facilities/training that their overseas counterparts have been exposed to. In fact, some of our greatest players actually honed their skills in county cricket in England or in Australia (e.g. Imran Khan at Worcestershire/Sussex; Wasim Akram at Lancashire; Waqar Younis at Surrey). Imran has often referred to county cricket as the "finishing school" for overseas players. In recent times, hardly any of our players have benefitted from such a "finishing school".

It's tough therefore to expect our players to come out and be world beaters; to be great fielders; technically correct batsmen when in fact they have had such negligible access to decent cricket training and facilities in their youth.

COMEBACKID said:
when u say unless injury is a good point we all should go and injure him with a cricket bat and a tennis racket :))))

injure who?? :ibutt or :malik or farhat (can't find icon).

we can send a request to :akhtar and :yk they are over there in england, were not picked for test squad so they'll be fuming anyway, and have good past experience with using bats on team-mates and/or dragging people off the pitch to dressing room.
:)

mon858 said:
he doesn't have to replace (unless injury) he can simply be added as 18th member, but that would be slap in the face of selectors and also a little unfair to selected batsmen (hameed, azhar ali, farhat, etc) who are not even being given chance to play this 3 day match when they are in test squad!!
Yeah,you are right but in a similar scenario last year I remember after we lost first test against NZ ,Misbah was called up but I am not sure whether he replaced somebody or was just added as an additional player..:13:

mon858 said:
injure who?? :ibutt or :malik or farhat (can't find icon).

we can send a request to :akhtar and :yk they are over there in england, were not picked for test squad so they'll be fuming anyway, and have good past experience with using bats on team-mates and/or dragging people off the pitch to dressing room.
:)

all 3 of them together would be nice
get propper thick bats so they dont break on the mota gohst

Hope both these two get big 100s here and show everyone that they deserve to be playing for Pakistan in tests.

Pakistan shouldn't think about declaring at all until these two are out or 200*.

iZeeshan said:
Hope both these two get big 100s here and show everyone that they deserve to be playing for Pakistan in tests.

Pakistan shouldn't think about declaring at all until these two are out or 200*.

So if they both get out now we declare? :gul :gul

Sohail_1981 said:
Fair point. In an ideal world you would replace Salman Butt with someone who could field better and contribute at least as many runs. Unfortunately, we're not exactly overwhelmed with options in this department. If we were to start ostracising players on the basis of their fielding alone, I'm not sure we'd have much of a team left - certainly Salman Butt, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Aamer, Shoaib Akhtar would be facing the axe if we were to use that yardstick.

Whilst not exactly a great example, Inzamam's inability to run or field was tolerated on the basis that he contributed sufficient runs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for a second trying to equate Salman Butt with Inzamam, but surely if you are to make a stand based on policy, a consistent approach would be required.

In the absence of any real alternatives of a replacement opener, we have to ensure that we nurture and develop these kids then to improve. They have not exactly been blessed with a proper domestic cricket structure. Whilst we can all point to the superior Aussie/English fielding our players unfortunately have not had the luxury of the facilities/training that their overseas counterparts have been exposed to. In fact, some of our greatest players actually honed their skills in county cricket in England or in Australia (e.g. Imran Khan at Worcestershire/Sussex; Wasim Akram at Lancashire; Waqar Younis at Surrey). Imran has often referred to county cricket as the "finishing school" for overseas players. In recent times, hardly any of our players have benefitted from such a "finishing school".

It's tough therefore to expect our players to come out and be world beaters; to be great fielders; technically correct batsmen when in fact they have had such negligible access to decent cricket training and facilities in their youth.
Good argument. Good job outlining the problem and its cause.

Now that we have you here, why not suggest a solution as well that could work this summer? Unless you are saying let them be what they are, and let's just pad the dropped catches log. And continue to lose games.

Solid batting from Umar Amin.

Disappointed with Butt, the same LBW nonsense.

salman butt
umar amin
fawad alam/yasir hameed
shoaib malik
umar akmal
kamran akmal
shahid afridi
mohammed aamer
umar gul
mohammed asif
danish kaneria

da most prefered line up for test wid da current squad and hopin for da inclusion of fawad alam

COMEBACKID said:
all 3 of them together would be nice
get propper thick bats so they dont break on the mota gohst

you're asking for too much there....we'll need add more resources on this side...

options:
:inti upset for coach removal
:moyo upset for ban - but may not fight much
:misbah :bhanja upset for drop

or we need to involve bigger people, :altaf link the issue with conspiracy against karachites.

butt
azhar ali
umar amin
fawad alam
umar akmal
kamran akmal
afridi
aamer
gul
asif
kaneira

stumps on day 2. another good day for pak, getting a 101 lead and extending that to 187 after the two youngsters fawad and amin getting starts.

good too see umer amin getting a score...hopefully that will put a bit of confidence in him..the talent is defintly thre..

Sohail_1981 said:

Inzimam did come across as a lethargic fielder when he played for his country but he rarely dropped catches.

And I am not sure how much Imran, Wasim, and Waqar benefited from county cricket as their fielding performance always remained sub par. But that was a different period. Now there is a lot more focus on fielding and Pakistan isn't tackling this important part of the game head on.

It may seem counterintuitive but I believe elevating fielding standards will lead to a more disciplined batting performance from Pakistani batsmen. I think having good fielding skills is an excellent indicator of how much hard work a player is willing to put in to advance his career. :jm

Good day for Pakistan .. can top it off tomorrow with ducks from Malik and Afridi .. although I think they will probably hide all the way down the order and come in at 10 and 11 (probably their rightful places ? ).

scoring so freely at the end of the day .. with pressure on u.. to retain ur position .. need some guts.... 5 boudaries..in the end .. by him ... total of 7 .... good effort ..

hopefully both of them.. will bat till lunch tomorrow :)

talha.raja said:
stumps on day 2. another good day for pak, getting a 101 lead and extending that to 187 after the two youngsters fawad and amin getting starts.

yes and just look at Malik's best bowling figures...truly awsome huh?

Not too content with our bowling. The individual average of the Kent XI is less then 300 so we haven't done anything extraordinary.

We need a decent opposition to face before the tests start.

:14: good job by Fadi and Umar today...hope they bat all day and make 150 each!

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
:14: good job by Fadi and Umar today...hope they bat all day and make 150 each!

not sure whthr each of them wil get to 150 but insha allah they l impress da selectors in this innings which matters da most..

wel played amin fawad umar and aamer :14:

Mashallah great performance by PAK team and amir was superb. great stuff by them, any updates on how many catches were dropped??? i hope they play to win this match. a 250+ on last day would be a good total and let kent go after it....they will go for the draw. 2nd innings but dissapointed again and good to see finally umer amin n fawad getting some runs which will be very important...

kashif77 said:
Good day for Pakistan .. can top it off tomorrow with ducks from Malik and Afridi .. although I think they will probably hide all the way down the order and come in at 10 and 11 (probably their rightful places ? ).
please don't post if you want to post such rubbish! Any true Pakistani fan will not make such remarks against his own team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back