Kent v Pakistan | Kent | June 28 - 30 | 3 day tour game

Status
Not open for further replies.
zahid01 said:
you have high hopes on afridi you better get used to these kinds of scores these pitches in england are not dead afridi will be exploited with swing and short pitch bowling

Spot on. Afridi will get exposed.

:)))

Seems like Umar Akmal will have to score 90% of Pakistans runs and score some double and triple hundreds for team to compete this summer!

Afridi_Fan said:
Nope, highly unlikely.

Let's just wait till the morning news paper gets to him. He will start pondering his options of weather to make a broken U turn or complete U turn!!!

malik seemed to be in hurry as he had to attend "the match" at wimbledon in the afternoon,so can`t blame him.apart from him everybody played pathetic

Umerkhan007 said:
malik seemed to be in hurry as he had to attend "the match" at wimbledon in the afternoon,so can`t blame him.apart from him everybody played pathetic

his misses is out and done first round, what do you know?

Amjid Javed said:
Seems like Umar Akmal will have to score 90% of Pakistans runs and score some double and triple hundreds for team to compete this summer!

This is exactly what I have said in other threads. Without a single other quality batsman, Pakistan will need huge scores from Umer to get to even 300. Getting to 400 would require something quite outstanding from Umer. And as we are seeing today, he will quickly begin to lose partners, such is the weakness of our remaining batsman.

Let's just say it would have been difficult to reach good scores even with Younus, never mind without him. Our current batting line up is Bangladesh + Umer Akmal.

Last edited:
Usman said:
This is exactly what I have said in other threads. Without even a single other quality batsman, Pakistan will need huge scores from Umer to get to even 300. Getting to 400 would require something quite outstanding from Umer. And as we are seeing today, he will quickly begin to lose partners, such is the weakness of our remaining batsman.

Let's just say it would have been difficult to reach good scores even with Younus, never mind without him. Our current batting line up is Bangladesh + Umer Akmal.

younis and yousuf is history, and from current lineup, amin azhar are yet to debut, malik been out for while. have patience everything needs time to settle

:umarakmal will be the best player this summer.

Test match without :moyo :( :( :(

Free Hit said:
younis and yousuf is history, and from current lineup, amin azhar are yet to debut, malik been out for while. have patience everything needs time to settle

Younis just made a very fluent 45 and judging from the commentary he looked very much back at his best today for the first time in a long time

Free Hit said:

Younus at least is not history, because he is available for selection and hasn't been selected. As much as I would like to believe the hype around Amin, from what I've seen of him so far, he seems to a decent-ish batsman at best. I've never though Azhar Ali was anything special either. I can only hope that both of them pull of something special this summer, but I'm not raising my expectations. Whilst performances at domestic level should not be the deciding factor, it is a good indication of a batsman's capabilities. Batsman averaging 40 in Pakistani domestic cricket often struggle to maintain the same average on the international stage because they are technically exposed.

There is no doubt that our biggest asset is Umer, and that too so early in his career. God forbid he doesn't score in even a single innings of a single match, and I'm almost 100% sure that we will dismissed for an embarrassing score.

this is going to be a long and painfull series and yes i to have the same feeling of an embarrassing score

and you can thank that old trash bag :ibutt for it

Last edited:
saeed-sohail said:
Just 45?thats not enough to get into this batting line up.

45 against a club side, then i should be in international side, as i have bowled to raina, and got maiden over against him. you got to to be playing regularly and averrage in top 5 of recent times to be considered for selection. and yes this post is to just add up to your point

Kamran Akmal and Malik showing their class right from the beginning of this tour.

Dropping catches and elegantly, stylishly scoring quickfire 20's

Hopefully PCB will wake up some time before the 1st test match and select Younis Khan he is a top cricketer! and drop fawad alam and common sense is saying fawad is not going to do very much in the whole of the series. only thing might do is almost save a test match by fighting for a draw only to fail on the 2nd to last ball of the match

Is Umar sleeping or what? Rehman seems to be doing the scoring now

My Name Is Khan said:
Hopefully PCB will wake up some time before the 1st test match and select Younis Khan he is a top cricketer! and drop fawad alam and common sense is saying fawad is not going to do very much in the whole of the series. only thing might do is almost save a test match by fighting for a draw only to fail on the 2nd to last ball of the match

So true.

Who needs fighters when we have quality match winners and finishers :akmal :butt :misbah :malik :afridi

I have truly lost count as to how many matches we have won or fought till the end due to the efforts of these legends.

*syed59* said:
So true.

Who needs fighters when we have quality match winners and finishers :akmal :butt :misbah :malik :afridi

I have truly lost count as to how many matches we have won or fought till the end due to the efforts of these legends.

can you take misbah out of there.

hashbb said:
Is Umar sleeping or what? Rehman seems to be doing the scoring now

And then we complain when our players aren't able to last a couple of sessions. You do realize this is a 3 day practice match right?

COMEBACKID said:
can you take misbah out of there.

I thought about it. But i just can't ignore his legendary service as a senior middleorder batsmen.

It seems like Asif is currently playing county/club cricket in England (notwithstanding the Glamorgan stuff)? That is, before tests start. Does anyone know which county/club?

taaveez said:
It seems like Asif is currently playing county/club cricket in England (notwithstanding the Glamorgan stuff)? That is, before tests start. Does anyone know which county/club?

How you know ??

lets get used to these score cards malik butt & co will keep getting 20's and 30's. Umar Akmal will be the only one giving us something to shout about.

Hey If the 5 out of top 6 batsmen get 30 and Umar Akmal gets a hundred, that's at 250 runs on board and maybe add 50 to 70 runs here and there. You have got 300 plus score. I can live with that.

People being a bit harsh, first longer game Pakistan has played in about 6 months, on overseas conditions where most of the players have never played/rarely played, gonna take them some time to get used to it.

Umar is killing it though, this guy is a superstar.

^Sagar your not serious are you? Against Aus and Eng.. our top 5 batsmen will get out for avg 15 each and a few ducks here and there Umar prob a 50 ...tailender 6 or maybe even 7 if were lucky...So 150 plus..can u live with that?

ya if pak can get 300 every innings....the bowlers im sure will b able to defend that...given the catches are taken.

Lahore dynamite in the "nervous" 90s now. What a talent. Kash we had a couple of more players like him in our batting line up.

Abdur Rehman supporting him well here.

sakss said:
ya if pak can get 300 every innings....the bowlers im sure will b able to defend that...given the catches are taken.

Very important condition you have mentioned here brother

IAJ said:
Lahore dynamite in the "nervous" 90s now. What a talent. Kash we had a couple of more players like him in our batting line up.

Abdur Rehman supporting him well here.

hopefully Butt and Amin will fire alongside him :)

Poison said:
People being a bit harsh, first longer game Pakistan has played in about 6 months, on overseas conditions where most of the players have never played/rarely played, gonna take them some time to get used to it.

Umar is killing it though, this guy is a superstar.
People would not be harsh as long as their favorite players were in the team!

Our run rate is steep. Adjustment to longer format non-existent so far :afridi :))

sagar said:
Hey If the 5 out of top 6 batsmen get 30 and Umar Akmal gets a hundred, that's at 250 runs on board and maybe add 50 to 70 runs here and there. You have got 300 plus score. I can live with that.

I think we've failed to cross the 350 mark in the last 10-12 innings or so? Don't remember the exact stats but it was around that number of innings.
And given our fielding abilities (or lack of), 300 is about a par score....

We're going to need 400+ scores to compete in England. Not saying our bowlers are not going to perform, but the pitches will be flat.

Does anyone have any clue about what time the test matches will start in the USA? I know what date they are going to be starting, but I need to know the time.

We should try and bat for as long as possible in this game, possibly 2 full days if the lower order can resist a bit.

Congrats for the hundred lahore dynamite! well played! He has alone scored 43 % of the team's runs so far in this innings.

The problem i see with Malik is way some people on this board perceive him, such negative thoughts.

If he fails, comments will be like this "youngsters saw off the new ball, yet he still couldnt succeeed"

If he does well then "oh he only did well because top order saw off the new ball"???? two contradictory statements yet used in conjunction by people who just love to hate Malik, LOL.

This Malik dude cant win with some people, currently though im just supporting the whole side regardless of who plays, in terms of expereince Malik has to be there, wether or not he has the ability to occupy number 4 is debatable, but for know let us support the team, they are going to need it.

ahmed16 said:
The problem i see with Malik is way some people on this board perceive him, such negative thoughts.

If he fails, comments will be like this "youngsters saw off the new ball, yet he still couldnt succeeed"

If he does well then "oh he only did well because top order saw off the new ball"???? two contradictory statements yet used in conjunction by people who just love to hate Malik, LOL.

This Malik dude cant win with some people, currently though im just supporting the whole side regardless of who plays, in terms of expereince Malik has to be there, wether or not he has the ability to occupy number 4 is debatable, but for know let us support the team, they are going to need it.

Make some good points. Fans should be supporting Pakistan, people just want Malik to fail now.

Umar to unleash on his way to a 500* :umarakmal

I think our top order batsmen should learn a thing or two from Rehman.

lol, whats embarrasing is that rehman seems more resilliant at the crease than our top order.
250 up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back