Multan Sultans (209/5) defeat Lahore Qalandars (206/5) by 5 wickets in Match 3 of PSL

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
talqJg7.png

Multan Sultans in the zone with one good win - Lahore Qalandars with a new captain and a chance to see Abdullah Shafique play in the PSL.....

Squads:

Multan Sultans Squad: Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan(w/c), Sohaib Maqsood, Rilee Rossouw, Tim David, Khushdil Shah, David Willey, Imran Tahir, Imran Khan, Shahnawaz Dahani, Ihsanullah, Asif Afridi, Anwar Ali, Blessing Muzarabani, Rumman Raees, Johnson Charles, Rizwan Hussain, Abbas Afridi, Aamer Azmat

Lahore Qalandars Squad: Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Hafeez, Sohail Akhtar, Samit Patel, Ben Dunk(w), David Wiese, Rashid Khan, Ahmed Daniyal, Shaheen Afridi(c), Haris Rauf, Dean Foxcroft, Kamran Ghulam, Matty Potts, Mohammad Imran Randhawa, Maaz Khan, Akif Javed, Zeeshan Ashraf, Syed Faridoun, Zaman Khan

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

5. Report abuse. If you see any post which is inappropriate, report it. Do not respond to it

Last edited:
Let's see how Lahore does this season.
Altought they conceded only 126 runs in the first match, I don't consider Multan's bowling particularly good.

Shaheen vs Rizwan is also going to be a good battle. I think Shaheen will win it.

Also, Lahore has some good Pakistani players and a bunch of poor foreigners, so I hope they just don't play them because they are foreigners. Abdullah Shafique at the top is a must.

Yeah Lahore squad looks very weak. Samit, Wiese, Dunk are on retired holiday Pakistan trips each year, thanks to our management's yaariyan.

If Shaheen is able to pick Rizwan in the first over, Multan will struggle to post a decent score.
I don’t see the likes of Khushdil & Maqsood making much contributions against Rauf & Rashid.

It’ll be interesting to see the 11 played by LQ. 5th bowler could be an issue that could be exploited

Multan Sultans win the toss and elect to bowl first in Match 3 against Lahore Qalandars

uvDE17J.jpg

JH6TMJA.jpg

If lahore can get a decent score they have the bowling to defend it. Zaman khan is not bad as emerging player

Despite not winning the tournament yet, one thing that is so good about Lahore franchise is that they give proper chances to their young players.

Fakhar, Shaheen, Rauf are the major products of Lahore franchise. Even in last season, they gave a lot of chances to Daniyal, Agha Salman, Zeeshan Ashraf e.t.c. and in this season, they are already starting with Abdullah and Kamran Ghulam in their starting 11.

Fakhar Zaman showing Pakistan what a T20 opener is

Meanwhile Abdullah Shafique doing what Babar and Rizwan usually do. But AS has more chance of opening in T20s for Pakistan than players like Fakhar and Sharjeel because Pakistan love doing things their own, pathetic way!

Dunk and Samit in Lahore ruin the quality of the team otherwise it's a pretty solid team. Kamran can bowl and they can get a proper batsman in place of Samit.

Zeeshan Ashraf should keep for them as well instead of Dunk.

The problem with PSL is that every team can be better yet they keep playing the same old players for some very odd reason.

Dunk and Samit in Lahore ruin the quality of the team otherwise it's a pretty solid team. Kamran can bowl and they can get a proper batsman in place of Samit.

Zeeshan Ashraf should keep for them as well instead of Dunk.

The problem with PSL is that every team can be better yet they keep playing the same old players for some very odd reason.

Yes dunk had a few good innings so did wiese..i think they need 240 here though

Fakhar Zaman showing Pakistan what a T20 opener is

Meanwhile Abdullah Shafique doing what Babar and Rizwan usually do. But AS has more chance of opening in T20s for Pakistan than players like Fakhar and Sharjeel because Pakistan love doing things their own, pathetic way!

I agree are chances at the world T20 decrease with Babar and Rizwan opening we need Fakhar Umar Akmal Haider all in the top 5 on form to have any chance to make it to the final in a likely high scoring tournament.

Abdullah doesn’t seem like a dominant batsman who can play at a high strike rate his impact will be limited at international level if that’s the case.

I agree are chances at the world T20 decrease with Babar and Rizwan opening we need Fakhar Umar Akmal Haider all in the top 5 on form to have any chance to make it to the final in a likely high scoring tournament.

Abdullah doesn’t seem like a dominant batsman who can play at a high strike rate his impact will be limited at international level if that’s the case.

Dunno if this was sarcasm or not, fakhar look good though , would defo trust him ahead of the match fixing pie eater, the kid ahsan ali looked good yesterday too, we need to move away from our TTF and look at new blood

Kamran Ghulam - big things expected from him

ead16f4c-1ca2-45ff-a0bc-67795e02e6be.jpg

I also want aggressive players openers for Pakistan but let's not act like Fakhar didn't get plenty of chances at opening. He was averaging 8-10 in 20-25 matches before getting demoted to 3.

MS bowlers been a bit flat today.

Not hit their lines and lengths.

LQ looking good for 200.

I also want aggressive players openers for Pakistan but let's not act like Fakhar didn't get plenty of chances at opening. He was averaging 8-10 in 20-25 matches before getting demoted to 3.

That’s the problem with some of the fans, they get blinded into delusion by 1 big innings in 10, forgetting that the current t20 opening partnership holds multiple records including the most century partnerships while chasing, yet they are the main problem in our t20 team? Give me a break, the problem is players that come after can’t carry on the momentum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really impressed with Kamran Ghulam.

Certainly has improved as a batter in all formats.

Dahani needs to quit the clowning around and focus on his bowling.

Starting to look a bit silly at times.

For all the talk about Kamran Ghulam, I would never waste him as a test batsman by trying to force him into limited overs side. I would take KG anyday in my test team as a priority before limited overs setup. I hope he gets picked into test team soon.

If Kamran Ghulam has a good PSL he'll get into the first team in all three formats. There is a desperate need of a proper batsman in the middle who is versatile in his game.

It gona be tough for MS. LQ have 8 bowling option, Actually 9 if you consider FZ also.

If Kamran Ghulam has a good PSL he'll get into the first team in all three formats. There is a desperate need of a proper batsman in the middle who is versatile in his game.

Him and Saud Shaqeel, plus Nawaz to some extent are good quality players

This zaman looks like hes chucking.

On a side note thought rizy was a run a ball player dispatched shaheen with ease for 6

Rizwan showing his class.

ICC's T20I batsman of the year for a reason.

Rizwan showing his class.

ICC's T20I batsman of the year for a reason.

Brilliant.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/31i4z0" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

What is Shaheen the joker doing? Does he plan on bringing Rashid khan on when the required run rate is 9 per over?

Masood has improved so much as a batsman, and especially as a LOI batsman, sheer hard work, hopefully he'll get a chance ahead of the teddy bear fixer we have been hyping

Rashid and Shaheen need to bowl a spell here otherwise this game is as good as gone for LQ

Shan is 10000000 times better than Imam in ODIs. It is a shame that he is played 5 ODIs and last match he scored a 50.

LQ looking non-plussed at the moment

09ddb4ed-0167-43a2-9ad9-995726799938.jpg

If Masood is striking at 200, this must be an absolute belter of a track

Massod striking at 200 without playing a shot in anger, proper cricket shots, good to see he's learned from the school of babar and rizzy rather than our explosive power hitting match fixers club

Pitch looks totally lifeless - a bowler killer.

I was rather hoping that the pitches would be a bit more sporting.

What is mental age if 13 Shaheen Doing? Bowl yourself before it’s too late! Give the jobber bowlers 12-13 runs to play with per over at the death at least!

Pitch looks totally lifeless - a bowler killer.

I was rather hoping that the pitches would be a bit more sporting.

I’m not watching it live right now but I think the ICC needs to investigate Shan Masood’s 200 strike rate. This is very suspicious

Pathetic crowd, the myth that Pakistanis love cricket has been busted. That 4th grade legends league had more crowd in Oman than the home of cricket in Pakistan has in it's Premier League. Absolutely pathetic.

Shaheen, Rauf and Rashid have 7 overs to bowl. They won’t be able to do anything if the run rate goes below 9 per over to win

Who is mentoring Shaheen out there?

Pathetic crowd, the myth that Pakistanis love cricket has been busted. That 4th grade legends league had more crowd in Oman than the home of cricket in Pakistan has in it's Premier League. Absolutely pathetic.

Do you realise that the capacity is reduced to 25%? plus day match usually don't drag much crowd anyways. The first match had about 7000 people in which is about 23.3% capacity if National stadium, many sent back probs due to covid or no documentation (covid pass). Yesterday's crowd was decent as well, not as many as 7000 but about 4000-5000. Tonight's match will have a much better crowd than this afternoon.

Legend league was at full capacity, you can't really compare. Over the years, when PSL was held at full capacity, we have seen many housefulls

Shaheen needs to bowl two solid overs here with Rashid khan

4 overs of 30 maximum

Give Rauf and Zaman 70 odd to play with at the death

Do you realise that the capacity is reduced to 25%? plus day match usually don't drag much crowd anyways. The first match had about 7000 people in which is about 23.3% capacity if National stadium, many sent back probs due to covid or no documentation (covid pass). Yesterday's crowd was decent as well, not as many as 7000 but about 4000-5000. Tonight's match will have a much better crowd than this afternoon.

I didn't know about the 25% capacity but looking at the crowd (or lack of) it doesn't seem like even 10% capacity. All I've seen is empty stands. This doesn't look good at all, for the league and for Pakistan cricket in general.

I didn't know about the 25% capacity but looking at the crowd (or lack of) it doesn't seem like even 10% capacity. All I've seen is empty stands. This doesn't look good at all, for the league and for Pakistan cricket in general.

Covid rate is quite high in Karachi, so it really makes sense keeping this percentage. Hopefully we'll have something like 75% capacity in Lahore

Has Rizwan played any shots through the off side yet? #legsidehack🤪

Must have missed the glorious straight drives then :))

2 fifty in a row for Mr cricket, pakistan don't need this consistency we need to revert back to our 90s close eyes and swing with minimal running between wickets mentality

Shan and Rizwan brilliant runners.

Great athletes regularly turning 1s into 2s. It makes a huge difference.

Back