My net sessions + scores from last season!

baalti

Local Club Regular
Runs
Here is my score card from last season, i got injured at one point (tweaked knee) and it took its toll on my batting (stance, running etc) plus some crappy umpiring had its share too... started off good and then went down down down... :(

2w5jew1.jpg

videos are up... these are of team practice, nothing in particular...

Last edited:
I am not that great at video editing, this is the first time i have attempted it using some cheap program... sigh...

first game of the 2013 season with a bang :)

56 runs off 32 balls, 4 4s and 4 6s
5-0-11-2 was on a hat trick

not a bad start hoping for more of the same or better :D

33 with 2 4's and 6's a piece (ran out of partners)... and a fractured thumb...
7-0-23-1

Hopefully thumb heals fast...

Your scores read better than mine. This season my highest score is the measly value of 19 but all of my innings are laced with plenty of boundaries. However, the one game when I was rightfully allowed my full quota of 4 overs, my figures were 4-0-33-1 (1 comfortable stumping was missed by our wicket-keeper and 8 unnecessary runs were wrongly added to my figures courtesy of a stupid and hysterical overthrow off the last ball of the innings). It's a shame our captain favours to bowl another "spinner" because "he has more speed" (even though I can turn the ball square regularly whereas he doesn't even turn it an inch). This type of mentality by our Pakistani captain personifies this Pakistani obsession with speed, even favouring speed when spin bowlers are involved!

Last edited:
Really nice videos !

How old are you and what level do you play at?

Your scores read better than mine. This season my highest score is the measly value of 19 but all of my innings are laced with plenty of boundaries. However, the one game when I was rightfully allowed my full quota of 4 overs, my figures were 4-0-33-1 (1 comfortable stumping was missed by our wicket-keeper and 8 unnecessary runs were wrongly added to my figures courtesy of a stupid and hysterical overthrow off the last ball of the innings). It's a shame our captain favours to bowl another "spinner" because "he has more speed" (even though I can turn the ball square regularly whereas he doesn't even turn it an inch). This type of mentality by our Pakistani captain personifies this Pakistani obsession with speed, even favouring speed when spin bowlers are involved!

keep working hard and look to stay in the middle... mostly guys try to hit out from the get go and lose their wickets, best thing to do is to wait for those loose balls and then latch on to them... this season i am in form from get go, and just enjoying (only problem is running out of impatient partners on other end).... maybe look to go further up the order in my new club by requesting them to let me play my natural position, one or two down...

when it comes to games, if one is a half decent spinner and can bowl to the fielding, captain is a dummy not to utilize them. 1. you go through overs quickly, 2. higher chances of getting wkts. 3. higher chances of containing run rate. 4. less extras....

whenever i have captained i have favored spinners, utilized them best, give them the confidence and watch the game turn. spinners sometimes tend to be too defensive... and send all their fielders to the boundaries... send 2 max if you must, and have some aggressive field placements in the inner circle; no need to have so many guys on boundary, this gives the batsmen the chance to relax and score singles and really go at you with a loose ball... tighter fielding forces the batsmen to stay and face the music and makes them hit out unnecessarily to relieve pressure.

with your captain, find a game where you have pretty much won the game and ask for a spell...dont be afraid to ask, but do so with proper wording... best of luck ;)

Really nice videos !

How old are you and what level do you play at?

thank you... i am about to touch 30... i have played premier, div 1, currently joined a team which has div 4 team only, but is looking to go up... and as it is with any club cricket, one day you get top notch squad, the next day you get a bunch of lambs on the field... i dont mind the div 4 this year though, its helping me improve my game much better, and that only happens when you are in the middle...

had a one sided game this weekend...

opened bowling and did 4-1-9-4 and took out the other side for 32/ao

opened batting and routed them in 4 overs by 10 wkts, scored 23* 1-6 3-4's

(this team went into a shell after losing their openers, afterwards we did a friendly T15 with them, and lolz now they put up 140... their skipper was mad pissed, it kept getting better as they kept scoring)...

had one t25 game last weekend... made a nooby mistake of not checking the fielder move and gave him a catch thinking it was a gap... nice duck, but had 2 wkts in the game, and we won the game regardless.

had two games this weekend...

first game 50 over, routed the other team for 123, and we gave our players batting opportunities to get some practice in the middle, won it quite easy...

2nd game was t25, it was us (ranked 4th) vs #1 ranking team, we won the toss, let them bat first, they unleashed at the get go, but we got a grip on the game in the middle overs and it seemed like 160ish target, but we were running behind the overrate big time and to cover that up ended up giving extra runs and final target was 199... went in to bat, lost our opener in 2nd over, I went 1 down, and the fire works began... lit her up literally, scored 80 with 12 4's and 4 6's, i washed them enough to the point their confidence was broken and you could feel them getting agitated amongst themselves... i was run out as i fell and tried to come back for a second and the bowler interfered and i fell again... umpire didnt see him obstruct the field so couldnt do much about it... just walked out... came out with the score around 150, and we won the game by 2 wkts in 22.2 overs... at one stage i peeled the skin off their spinners bowling lolz, this is how it went... his previous over i hit him for two fours over cover and behind square leg, which their skipper thought were flukey, so brings him on again i was at non-striker and tells his bowler to allow for a single so i can face, lolz, we took a single, and the guy pitched to me on middle stump, which i swept him for four, his captain getting annoyed, next ball he pitched on off stump but a bit short of good length so i rocked back and pulled him again for four... now his skipper is asking him to pitch outside the offstump as much as possible saying i wont be able to play, i told him he is bowling fine, just unlucky, guy goes yea yea we will see, i am like sure, 4th ball of the over he pitches outside the offstump i take a step down and hit a monster 6 on long on, while the ball is fetched asked their skipper "hunh araam ei, guy is bowling fine dont mess with his head"... he just goes at his bowler again yelling, while i tell him "i am gonna hit him again for 6"... this was working to my advantage coz i was messing with their heads too :) ... 5th ball a bit more out side the off stump but the same result, i stood the ground and hit him a bit straighter on the long on again for a big six... and while the ball is fetched, their skipper furious goes i am gona come and then lets see if you can do this or not... i tell him sure come on to bowl next over, he asks which end, and i replied it dont matter this end that end or from the middle of the pitch, just bring it... ball comes in guy pitches the 6th ball of the over and lolz bang, stepped down and over long on but more widdish from it but high and deep... guy went for 1 4 4 6 6 6 off the over, lolz... and i ask their skipper to come on to bowl (he too a good spinner) but backed out of the challenge...

my boys finished the game for the win, we downed the #1 team, boy was it a good and exciting game :)

Back