New Zealand v England | 3rd Test | Auckland | March 22-26, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cook may have made a mistake not batting first. Congratulations New Zealand on the series win.

Come on England. Can still win it.
James, you reckon there is enough in this pitch in order for us to get them out by lunch ? That should set us a target of 350 odd with 150 overs still left in the game. :

Need to have a storming morning session don't we, but yeah it's possible.

Thankfully the players are more resilient than some of the phattus who post on the BBC/Internet.

It is a bit frustrating to see bowlers struggling to get Pete Fulton out :(

I am enjoying Michael Vaughan's tweets. The evil part of me wants to watch England lose just to see his reaction, karma :D

Come on England. Can still win it.

:bumble Not in a million years would I have expected NZ to upstage England in the way they have in this test series, specially after their recent series in SA. England can't win this series now.

Has Fulton really started fulfilling his potential or are England making him look like :boycott ???

Has Fulton really started fulfilling his potential or are England making him look like :boycott ???

He will not be a world beater, but he can become a sort of better version of Cowan. Taking care of the new ball and averaging 35 at a strike rate of around 45.

The big thing is that if England go home with a drawn test series they will be massacred by the media.

Nz should declare by Lunch, target should be achievable otherwise Cook & co will shut shop and block everything.

Is Peter Fulton as good as Kevin Pietersen or are the England bowlers not quite as good as everyone says?

Is Peter Fulton as good as Kevin Pietersen or are the England bowlers not quite as good as everyone says?

panesar is crap
anserson is good occasionally
broad-same as above
finn-same again

it's england's batsmen and swann that have won them games in recent years, mostly.

English bowlers have been below par in this series but generally they hunt well as a pack. England often (when they have) lost due to their poor batting not bowling..

Broad and Anderson should be bowling, more experienced in LOIs. No point keeping Panesar on.

Ih honour of this match I'm going to start calling him Pieter Fulton.

176/4 and lunch.. what a session. England getting destroyed by these two.

I think NZ will declare after Fulton gets his ton or if he gets out before that

NZ have pretty much done 3/4 of the job. 10 wickets, 4 and a half sessions to win the series. Can they do it?

This England team peaked in 2010, they're on a downward slide.

This series is lost, and from what I've seen of the kiwi bowlers, they'll cause England problems in the return series in a couple of months.

Another thing I've noticed with England ( and not just with the current side), when they have a great series they can't back it up.

Won the ashes in 2005, trashed by Pakistan

Whitewashed India, trashed in Pakistan

Win an away series in India, likely gonna lose away to New Zealand.

Also lost away to the windies in the build up to the 2009 ashes.

This England team peaked in 2010, they're on a downward slide.

This series is lost, and from what I've seen of the kiwi bowlers, they'll cause England problems in the return series in a couple of months.

they just won in india

lets face it every team's crap except SA

Gets there with a six, Broad hit miles back over his head. Twin hundreds for him in this test match, secured MOM, now can NZ secure the win?

Fulton out now, still no declaration. Maybe the captain wants his 50.

I think they'll declare after 450, at least I hope so, target is more than enough

I wonder what excuses English fans will come up this time with.

First it was flat tracks.

Now what ?

Fulton where did that come from? :)) :14:

He was in a

Anton_Chigurh.jpg

mode

^ This

If they run out of time you have to blame McCullum here for batting on for no reason. They've got way too many runs for England, Cook must be loving it in the field.

If NZ don't declare within the next 20 minutes then Mccullum is nuts. They will probably need atleast 110/ 120 overs to bowl England out if England bat well.

This NZ bowling attack has the potential to do some serious damage in English conditions, England better not be expecting a free ride in the home series.

Looks like one more over of slogging before the declaration.. maybe, Panesar to bowl.

Great catch, Watling out... and the captain STILL hasn't declared. :)))

NZ trying to save the test here.

He didn't even want to declare LOL, there were no other batsmen padded up and his hand has been forced. McCullum is crazy, not sure why he'd want to bat on.

CricInfo

And that will be it, McCullum stayed in the middle for a while awaiting the next batsman but Bracewell ran out with a message, and McCullum immediately walked back, setting England a target of 480

:)))

Isnt McCullum captain? Lol So he doesnt decide when to declare?

Highest run chase in test history is 418, so it's safe to say that England's chance of winning are about the same as the Earth being 6000 years old. NZ win the favorite at 1.8 with draw not being too far at 2.6 England win at 99. I am going with my heart on this one, 50 on NZ winning.

Highest run chase in test history is 418, so it's safe to say that England's chance of winning are about the same as the Earth being 6000 years old. NZ win the favorite at 1.8 with draw not being too far at 2.6 England win at 99. I am going with my heart on this one, 50 on NZ winning.

You had to take a dig at Abrahamic faiths don't you? :shafiq

Mercy declaration at the end :). But NZ look set for a famous victory here, well done and well deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back