New Zealand v England | 3rd Test | Auckland | March 22-26, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boult is the best left armer at present, better than Starc I'd say, wonderful action, nice and easy, very fluid

Anderson gone, Wicket for Boult very good delivery.
6th for Bout excellent bowling, England 200/9.

Root gone, Bowled by Southee.
England 204 all out.
NZ do not enforce the follow on.

There are not enough facepalms to describe this.

Well done Boult and New Zealand. A good day for cricket.

Your pace attack isn't as good as some make it out to be and monty isn't that good either.

I never thought any of them were that great. Swann is the only world-class bowler and he's convalescing.

Not really. You want rested bowlers when it comes to bowling at England again.

It will probably be a draw now, though.

Enforcing the follow-on would have given England a chance to win, but likewise it was the only way of giving NZ a big victory chance too.

It will probably be a draw now, though.

Enforcing the follow-on would have given England a chance to win, but likewise it was the only way of giving NZ a big victory chance too.

Even if it is a draw, England has been exposed as the overrated team they are.

Yes. England have actually got worse, we played bad cricket last year.

Things ebb and flow in sport. Our peak as a side was the Ashes in Australia - everyone was fit and firing and everything worked perfectly on the day. It was the most comprehensive win for a touring side Down Under in many years.

From such an experience, the only way is down, and then (hopefully!) back up again.

England supporters still bellowing out Jerusalem and shouting encouragement. World's greatest fans.

Oh god. Sure we have 2 wickets already, but can our batsmen score more in the second dig and reach 350 or more?

Kiwis did the right thing , not enforcing follow on , There best chance is making Poms bat last.

16 overs left , Kiwi should look to close shop here ........ if they add another 40 runs its enough.

Broad in royal artillery mode. Worst review ever lol

New Zealand cricket gives you hope and then chucks it away. If they lose this they don't deserve support

NZ will win this. I dont see England chasing 300+. Hey Saker would you want a greentop now. The curator should lay an extra layer of grass for tomorrow for the Eng batsmen :asif

Pitch still playing well. All it will take is a Cook special and 300 won't look too impossible

Didn't watch today's play but from the scorecard it appears my pick Boult is among wickets. Expected good stuff from him on this track and he proves it :14:

Overall a very good day for NZ.

Odd that the ball didn't swing or turn at all on day one, but batting is hard on days two and three.

Could be be one of the more disastrous toss decisions.

As predicted, resistance from Prior and not much else. England don't seem to want to be there.

I wonder when McCullum will declare? He could get bowled out quickly and be saved the bother. England need another big stand for the first or second wicket to get out of this.

Kiwis on top but still got a long way to go. Should have enforced the follow-on me thinks.

Kiwis on top but still got a long way to go. Should have enforced the follow-on me thinks.
Batting 4th will be more difficult, they'll be turn if what the curator said comes true.

I didnt think we were better than Aussie then. Probably are now though.
Isn't that the understatement of the year. :))

On a serious note, we look set for the future with Boult and Southee both are beginning to bowl well consistently against top teams and now look more solid with Fulton at the top order. Its going to be difficult for Guptil, Vettori and Ryder to try get back into the team.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that NZ can steamroll the aussies at home given that Vettori plays

I am pretty sure that NZ can steamroll the aussies at home given that Vettori plays

I doubt it. He was never a big wicket-taker. Australia have better bowlers and their batters will do better in NZ.

Isn't that the understatement of the year. :))

On a serious note, we look set for the future with Boult and Southee both are beginning to bowl well consistently against top teams and now look more solid with Fulton at the top order. Its going to be difficult for Guptil, Vettori and Ryder to try get back into the team.

I think Guptill has lost his chance in the test side for a while now. Fulton and Rutherford have earned a run in the side now and i think Jeet Raval and Tom Latham are very promising openers worth looking at if the opportunity arrises.

I would take Ryder back in over Brownlie and Vettori is still a very good bowler when fully fit not mention the best number 8 batsmen in test history.

Its a shame Mccullum won't keep because it would allow us another spealist batsmen or bowler instead of Watling who is not really up to Test level.

I doubt it. He was never a big wicket-taker. Australia have better bowlers and their batters will do better in NZ.

He may not tear through teams but he holds an end up and averages over 40 with the bat in the last 5 years or so. Run himself out for 96 in his last test vs aussies.

We beat them in Australia with a weaker team they also had Ponting and Hussey playing then too. Hughes was Martins bunny and none of the top order really managed our seamers. Doug Bracewell our 3rd seamer ran through them lol

Last edited:
We beat them in Australia with a weaker team they also had Ponting and Hussey playing then too. Hughes was Martins bunny and none of the top order really managed our seamers. Doug Bracewell our 3rd seamer ran through them lol

Bless my soul.

Bless my soul.
Get over yourself Rob. I doubt your team is stupid enough to underestimate a team for 3 straight games or they would of never gotten to number 1. Just admit you've been out played, your seamers were clueless on how to bowl with a kookaburra on day one it's one of the reasons they find themselves in the position they are in now.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back