New Zealand v South Africa | 1st Test | Dunedin | Mar 7-11, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawad2010

T20I Debutant
Runs
Match delayed by Rain.

Remember, 3-0 in this series will get South Africa to #1 Test Ranking!

Should have a toss in about 2 hours hopefully.

South Africa will like go with 4 fast bowlers. Conditions will favour them.

lets rock them kiwis :amla

3-0 and throw them poms off the top spot

im assuming all Pakistanis, Indians, Aussies etc will be supporting saffers.........coz we all hate poms :)):))

This is the second time I have heard Barry Richards say that in the match Amla scored his highest score of 253* vs India, Sehwag scored 300, which is wrong. Amla was by far the highest scorer in that match. Is there an email or twitter where we can correct them on this? Second time Ive heard it.

The way England got hammered was embarrassing, no real no.1 contender at the moment.

Smith gone for 53. Played an unnecessary shot to Chris Martin.

Kallis walks in. Kallis and Amla together should be fun.

Kallis :out for a duck!!!

Martin bowls a beauty and Ross Taylor takes a great catch at first slip.

ABD walks in. AB and Amla. Two of the best currently. Lots of pressure though.

AB might be :out review time.

And he's :out!!!!!

Unbelievable collapse from SA. Only Amla and Rudolph can save them now. Immense pressure.

Martin on fire, and on a hatrick.

Last edited:
Stuart: "That's the 7th time Chris Martin has dismissed Smith in tests, and the 6th time he's dismissed Kallis!

Cricinfo

SA will easily win this game even from this position. Kiwis don't have the batting strength to fight it out against this potent bowling lineup on this pitch.

Southee needs to get wickets here, If SA get away from here, NZ will find it tough.

Andy: "The Phantom only needs another 6 wickets to have twice as many test wickets as test runs - surely a record that will never be beaten!"

Cricinfo

I have a feeling anything over 200 is a good, competitive total. Steyn, Morkel, Philander are going to be licking their lips here.

Will Pak move to 2nd in tests if. Sa beats Nz?

Vettori is not bowling well of late , he is more of a run saving bowler these days.

pathetic team selection by SA in my opinion.Not giving De Lange a match but playing on Tahir who hardly does anything.

I want Philander to fail. More than anything else this match, perhaps just above wanting Guptil to hit a century.

South Africa 191/7 at close, if they can some how get 240-50 that will be a good score. On this wicket i can see S.A seamers tearing apart Kiwis batting line up.

I don't think South Africa will win 3-0. There is as much chance of New Zealand sneaking a test as there is of a test being rained off, which there often is in New Zealand.

Meanwhile, Chris Martin is clearly not brilliant by any stretch but for me he is a consistently underrated bowler.

South Africa 231/9 (67.1 ov)

SA getting some much needed runs on the board. Looking to be aggressive. 250 and they will be more then happy.

Vernon Philander appears as though he is five months pregnant!!! And Graeme Smith must have eaten a sheep of late, whats up with these guys!!!

I suppose Vernon has great figures (pun intended) 30 wickets from four Tests!!!

Last edited:
Philander is a gem of a bowler, very accurate and getting movement both ways.

Yeah Philander has a beer gut, had it a few months back as well when he was getting a wicket every other ball. Terrific bowler though.

Lets see if Bmac can get some runs. Looking good so far.

May I ask why? :13:

Might set back the hype a little bit.

And Steyn's my favorite non-Jimmy bowler. Wouldn't want him to get overshadowed by a bloke that has stats bosltered by a pathetic 40-odd all out and other clueless batsmen. Steyn's been consistently good, and the best bowler in years, he doesn't deserve Philander overshadowing him in every game they play together.

Tahir is not a test class bowler.

4-56 for Martin conversely may suggest that he is not far off being one. Another more than solid performance against a quality batting lineup from him.

New Zealand have a big task here on an atypical wicket against a strong bowling attack, but if they can bat out of their skins a lead of 70 would be excellent.

Based on my trained eye.

Many South African supporters have said the same.

Tahir has a very impressive FC record over a long period of time in almost every condition imaginable.

Lets see though how he does this series.

Tahir has a very impressive FC record over a long period of time in almost every condition imaginable.

Lets see though how he does this series.

Yeah let's see, but it's only New Zealand, and the first-class thing means next to nothing really. Test cricket is completely different.

This South African attack is killer. Vernon the snake (Asif reference), Steyn the ATG, Morkel at his most dangerous, on a helpful track...deadly. Add Marchant and you have the fastest, most dangerous bowling attack in the world.

Good luck NZ!

49/2

Breondon at the peak of his form, this guy has turned into a fighter, I see him averaging at least a 42 at the end of his career.

Kaneria and even yasir shah seem better than tahir but he has support of a better fielding side

Why on earth was Rob Nicol picked for the tests? He has hardly made a run vs SA in the ODI's but they pick him as test opener sudddenly. Bad move.

Why on earth was Rob Nicol picked for the tests? He has hardly made a run vs SA in the ODI's but they pick him as test opener sudddenly. Bad move.

South Africa have the best bowling attack in the world at the moment, can't blame him, poor guy is making his debut against Steyn, Morkel and Phillander, that's something.

The guy has the hair of a Greek God, i have a feeling he'll be a Kiwi Legend. :hadlee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back