New Zealand v Sri Lanka | 7th ODI | Wellington | 28th January

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarrett

Local Club Regular
Runs
Well, New Zealand have already won the series 4-1. They are now high on confidence leading up to the WC. On the other hand, Sri Lanka will try to salvage some pride by winning this last game after having let the initiatives slip through out the series.

Toss : Sri Lanka have won the toss 'n opted to bat first.

New Zealand(Playing XI): Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson(c), Ross Taylor, Grant Elliott, Corey Anderson, Luke Ronchi(w), Daniel Vettori, Tim Southee, Kyle Mills, Mitchell McClenaghan

[MENTION=137844]McGarrett[/MENTION] when is the party starting? I mean when are your friends [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=68271]NZcricketfan[/MENTION] arriving?

[MENTION=137844]McGarrett[/MENTION] when is the party starting? I mean when are your friends [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=68271]NZcricketfan[/MENTION] arriving?

I'm not going to respond to him today.

2-0 in the tests

4-1 in the one day games speaks enough

Sri Lanka(Playing XI): Lahiru Thirimanne(c), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara(w), Mahela Jayawardene, Dimuth Karunaratne, Dinesh Chandimal, Thisara Perera, Seekkuge Prasanna, Nuwan Kulasekara, Shaminda Eranga, Dushmantha Chameera

:)) Nothing personal. All in good spirit.

Who gave them the idea to use this UI lol it's weird someone tell the guys at cricinfo

lol another strange thing now we cant see the result of poll without submitting a vote before we were able to look at result without even submitting a vote

How is South Africa miles ahead of others in fielding? according to poll NZ is at 3 and India at 2 strange i will put NZ at 1 and Australia /South Africa at 2 for fielding

They replaced Jeevan with a bigger Hack Prasanna but at least he can bowl better. Wow Dimuth and Thisara in again and Malinga's replacement is making his international debut :14:

How is South Africa miles ahead of others in fielding? according to poll NZ is at 3 and India at 2 strange i will put NZ at 1 and Australia /South Africa at 2 for fielding

According to the poll on the front page india has the worlds second best fielding unit

They also got the second most population in the world. If we combine all the cricket playing nations, we'll be be less than 25% of India's population......................wow Indians have one heck of athletic genes don't they ? :yk

They also got the second most population in the world. If we combine all the cricket playing nations, we'll be be less than 25% of India's population......................wow Indians have one heck of athletic genes don't they ? :yk

but if it was because of the population why on earth south africa is number and india 2? why not number 1 for india

Why my channel not showing this match today they showed whole one day and test series i think my sports channels also got bored watching nz winning again and again and lanka losing :p

Let me and [MENTION=137677]Thivagar[/MENTION] try to guess the name... any idea [MENTION=137677]Thivagar[/MENTION] bro?

Newly appointed mod, I haven't received any infraction to know who the knew mod is :sanga. There is one aggressive mod who is kinda irritating:mv but [MENTION=6745]DHONI183[/MENTION] is the kindest mod:chummi:

How the heck are we going to win matches with Dimuth, Thisara and Prasana all in the same line up ?

Newly appointed mod, I haven't received any infraction to know who the knew mod is :sanga. There is one aggressive mod who is kinda irritating:mv but [MENTION=6745]DHONI183[/MENTION] is the kindest mod:chummi:
[MENTION=6745]DHONI183[/MENTION] is a cool mod i also face aggression from a certain mod i think we all are pointing fingers toward a certain someone :p

polls don't mean jack.... according to that poll India are a better fielding side than Australia and NZ... :asif :yk

[MENTION=6745]DHONI183[/MENTION] is a cool mod i also face aggression from a certain mod i think we all are pointing fingers toward a certain someone :p

Ya he tries to come off as a strong tough guy but ends up making me laugh. I thought about his message while eating and almost chocked on my food.

Ya he tries to come off as a strong tough guy but ends up making me laugh. I thought about his message while eating and almost chocked on my food.

haha can you paste that message here im feeling kinda bored :p

Amazing crowd and great atmosphere. Why is everyone silent and wearing yellow ?

Thiri batting like a champ. SR < 30 :bow:

We either end up with hacks who gets out without scoring 5 runs or tuk tuk masters :facepalm: Tharanga is actually good vs pace, we should have shoved him in the middle instead of Karuna. SLC is fearful of our middle orders panicking if Mahela were to open and get out cheap. The reality is when ever Mahela got out cheap opening, the middle order had always done well. We need Kusal badly in the middle along with Tharanga.

Jayawardene averages 43 as an opener and 35 in middle order... he should play as opener

[MENTION=137677]Thivagar[/MENTION]: We shouldn't have dropped Kusal. He is a hack, a hack can take Steyn to the cleaners. At least he didn't waste deliveries.

Jayawardene averages 43 as an opener and 35 in middle order... he should play as opener

SLC fears that rest of the batsmen will start panicking. Middle order batsmen have actually done well when Mahela flops opening. This is so dumb how some retards like Thisara keeps getting chances again and again. Thisara made his debut at the age of 19, I don't think he knows what he's been gifted. I hope B-Mac, Ronchi or Anderson smashes the crap out of him.

SLC fears that rest of the batsmen will start panicking. Middle order batsmen have actually done well when Mahela flops opening. This is so dumb how some retards like Thisara keeps getting chances again and again. Thisara made his debut at the age of 19, I don't think he knows what he's been gifted. I hope B-Mac, Ronchi or Anderson smashes the crap out of him.

I can't believe that guy averages 31 in first class cricket. A new zealand 31 must be different to a sri lankan one

Perera is gonna smash a 32 ball 100 today, he has flopped the whole series now it's his time to shine. He is too good a player to miss out 7 matches in a row

[MENTION=137677]Thivagar[/MENTION]: We shouldn't have dropped Kusal. He is a hack, a hack can take Steyn to the cleaners. At least he didn't waste deliveries.

He needed to be dropped, he needed some butt kicking. I prefer him instead of Karunaratne in the middle and Prasad instead of Perera.

Mahela/Thiri
Dilshan
Sanga
Thiri/Mahela
Kusal
Mathews
Tharanga
Prasad
Kule
Herath
Lakmal/Malinga

Tell me how strong the batting look now ?

Mahela is an amazing ODI bat always perform when his team need it most i think he and punter are the only 2 batsmen with 2 centuries in KO matches of WC and century in final too. I always find it hard to accept he only average 33 in in odi format i mean whenever i see his team down in this format i see him scoring run.

btw i read somewhere here in PP that he average low against minnows so maybe thats the reason his average is in early 30s he should have boosted it with some minnow bashing.

Mahela is an amazing ODI bat always perform when his team need it most i think he and punter are the only 2 batsmen with 2 centuries in KO matches of WC and century in final too. I always find it hard to accept he only average 33 in in odi format i mean whenever i see his team down in this format i see him scoring run.

btw i read somewhere here in PP that he average low against minnows so maybe thats the reason his average is in early 30s he should have boosted it with some minnow bashing.

He struggles against good pacers, averages 33 against Australia, only 22 against SA and 30 against Pakistan.

I can't believe that guy averages 31 in first class cricket. A new zealand 31 must be different to a sri lankan one

Perera is gonna smash a 32 ball 100 today, he has flopped the whole series now it's his time to shine. He is too good a player to miss out 7 matches in a row

Well, its not like SL has any express bowlers, all the bowlers are usually with the national side so they don't play FC matches, Thisara loves playing 120Km trundlers who can't swing and spinners who can't spin bore than 4 inches. Result of this is the average you see. Like i said earlier, we were gifted with such great talents, we are back to "minnow" stage after the WC. Bangladesh u-19 just won a U-19 series vs our U-19 :facepalm:

No he wont' max you can expect is a 15 ball 32. He's been found out.........not like there was anything special to discover in him.

He ws special thats why we gifted him that 5fer!

He is a stupid bowler like many of SL bowlers. They think international cricket is club cricket. All I see is 2 length balls then BAM yorker, 2 more length balls then BAM a bouncer. So predictable and dumb.

He is a stupid bowler like many of SL bowlers. They think international cricket is club cricket. All I see is 2 length balls then BAM yorker, 2 more length balls then BAM a bouncer. So predictable and dumb.

lol i can feel your pain we have made careers of many lullo opposition players :p any news on malinga fitness?

lol i can feel your pain we have made careers of many lullo opposition players :p any news on malinga fitness?

Last week he was "unfit" now he is"fit" but I he might break his knee any time though. Can't rely on him.

Last week he was "unfit" now he is"fit" but I he might break his knee any time though. Can't rely on him.

sad news for SL there are chances are going down every day alot now depends on senior 3 but they cant do anything about bowling

Tharanga's last 5 innings

Kusual Perera's last 5 innings
62*, 55,48, 31,11

62*, 55,48, 31,11

Drinks time = bloating = slow movement = wicket. Wicket any time now.

62*, 55,48, 31,11

I would have selected Kusual for his explosive start even if he do it twice in 6 matches btw Tharanga also got age on his side im sure he will play after the seniors retire

I would have selected Kusual for his explosive start even if he do it twice in 6 matches btw Tharanga also got age on his side im sure he will play after the seniors retire

They are the only players we got, they will definitely play after the big 3 retires. Kusal is needed at the middle but don't mind him opening either. But he went full retarded vs India in India which is a big "WTH".

My 6th sense says a very big innings is coming in this match is coming at least 150+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back