New Zealand vs England | 2nd Test | Wellington | Mar 14-18, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruri

First Class Star
Runs
New Zealand team
PG Fulton, HD Rutherford, KS Williamson, LRPL Taylor, DG Brownlie, BB McCullum*, BJ Watling†, TG Southee, BP Martin, N Wagner, TA Boult

England team
AN Cook*, NRD Compton, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, IR Bell, JE Root, MJ Prior†, SCJ Broad, ST Finn, JM Anderson, MS Panesar

New Zealand win the toss and will bowl. Once again. Play to start in 23 minutes barring the unexpected torrent of rain out of nowhere or poor light.

Interesting decision to put us in.

The first four days are set fair so we need to bat well and show Brendon that he was wrong.

Of course it could be another 167 all out misery in which case I will be very unhappy.

Interesting decision to put us in.

The first four days are set fair so we need to bat well and show Brendon that he was wrong.

Of course it could be another 167 all out misery in which case I will be very unhappy.

Bit of cloud cover, should help the bowlers first up. I'd want to bowl personally.

But I usually always want to bowl outside of the SC.

The forecast I looked at predicted rain on day 4 and 5.

Top four needs to fire. Is typically the difference between us winning and losing.

Compton's batting style makes me wanna vomit. Graeme Smith territory

I thought KP was injured. I was looking forward to Bairstow stepping up.

Nick has received some really tight bowling so far, needs to stay patient.

Been a while since England 600 in tests. A big score on the cards, if England get through this first session unscathed.

Compton's batting style makes me wanna vomit. Graeme Smith territory

If he can average 45 and continue to support Cook's massive run plundering, I don't mind how he does it.

Is it just me or Cook's stance resembling more and more that of Andy Flower ? It has been evident since the tour of India.

Poor shot by captain cook. That was an ordinary delivery. NZ get their first breakthrough

These guys both have some nick, need to stick it out at least until the raising of the hundred because KP is a walking wicket with his dodgy knee and rusty form.

If he can average 45 and continue to support Cook's massive run plundering, I don't mind how he does it.

And to think, you were calling for his head only a week and a half ago with me being the only one in his corner.

Compton looks in terrific form. Superb batting from him so far, 2 classic cover drives and 2 superb pull shots.

Compo seems to need a good 20 blocks before starting his shots.

And to think, you were calling for his head only a week and a half ago with me being the only one in his corner.

My position at that time was just as rational as yours. The difference was faith - and I'm delighted that Nick is repaying it.

Here's Richard, who may or may not be from New Zealand: "I agree, Compton's looking fantastic. Keep it up Compton! Looking at least as good as Brian Lara."

Scores big one innings then goes missing, Trott will give you nice fifties consistently.

I honestly think people don't understand what a 'team' is sometimes. It needs different people who bring different things to the table. Cook and Trott are there to get you the consistent runs, that is what they do; Pietersen is there to produce the magical outrageous matchwinning hundred under pressure (which is usually series-changing as well) once per series, that is what he does.

I honestly think people don't understand what a 'team' is sometimes. It needs different people who bring different things to the table. Cook and Trott are there to get you the consistent runs, that is what they do; Pietersen is there to produce the magical outrageous matchwinning hundred under pressure (which is usually series-changing as well) once per series, that is what he does.

Who said anything bad about KP, he is my favorite English player..... :yk

Totally agree with the description of a cricket "team", although it does baffle me sometimes that KP rarely does it twice in a row in tests.

This pitch just seems flat all of a sudden.

Cook should be kicking himself for giving it away on what could have been #25.

Come on NZ, when does it swing and seam?

cook, compton,trott...imagine if england didn't have an entertainer like kp in their squad. they'd be as boring as...south africa.:p

Totally agree with the description of a cricket "team", although it does baffle me sometimes that KP rarely does it twice in a row in tests.

Part of his game is hunger-based though. He even admitted in county that he would get lazily run out or fall across LBW after getting his 200 because he would get bored. When the haters are back out of the woodwork and the situation demands it, he strikes. When they're not, he is subdued. Just his personality.

Part of his game is hunger-based though. He even admitted in county that he would get lazily run out or fall across LBW after getting his 200 because he would get bored. When the haters are back out of the woodwork and the situation demands it, he strikes. When they're not, he is subdued. Just his personality.

Mark waugh

cook, compton,trott...imagine if england didn't have an entertainer like kp in their squad. they'd be as boring as...south africa.:p

Prior and Bell are pretty good shot players. Prior's aggressive, Bell has the most beautiful shots in the game and it's always fun to laugh at him when he loses his wicket.

Swann and Broad are good for some slogs.

Great pitch and atmospheric conditions to put a team into bat.......NOT :91:

75/1, our session...like I said it's up to us to show Brendon why his decision to bowl first was wrong

Mccullum's brain isnt working it seems, first the Bradman Cook comparison and now bowling first on this pitch

Lovely straight drive for four from Trott. Looks fluent for now, though expecting him to get out after 50 like he has been.

Called this pitch as a flat one 2 weeks ago. Wellington is in a drought at the moment and the last few List A matches played at the basin have been 300+ run affairs in both innings.

well at least NZ will totally smack the **** out of Barbie Doll and Bambi

I don't think its rained a drop for about a month in Wellington. Driest summer in NZ history just about.

I'm starting to think Compo's audition was to have one of the quicks bowl him a ball outside off, and Flower must have taken him up as soon as he saw Compo leave the ball.

Are there are kiwi supporters at the Basin? Sounds like the Barmy Army has taken over..love the atmosphere they create

Martin is bowling well here. Holding up an end pretty well.

I thought Wellington was supposed to be aided by wind? Bowling with and into?

It's not that helpful.last test here was a flattie too...NZ got a draw against us thanks to Williamson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back