New Zealand vs Sri Lanka | Only T20I | Pallekele | 30/09/12 |

the match is scheduled to start at 13:30 GMT

about 4 and a half hours to go !

finally some real T20!! Man that clt20 really got me bored

Supporting New Zealand in this series ...for some reason I just cant stand the Srilankan team now - previously I used to like them and even rooted for them occasionally but now just can stand them

Hows the weather? and what about the crowd? have the SL people still interested in coming back to watch their team play after the heartbreak?

according to CI reports there are very few people who have come to watch a match. Dont get why there are so many cricket being played in SL, they had t20 wc, SLPL, pak series, india series not too long ago. The people there are def. bored of cricket arent they? in the meanwhile BD hasnt hosted a single series in the last 7 months :facepalm:

The organizers of cricket totally pathetic, no wonder so many people are losing interest in cricket even in the commonwealth countries

More people will turn up for a T20 held in Auckland than the crowd over here. Just saying.

Will Rain ever stop in SL?

It was there for Pak Series
Then The SLPL
Later on the WT20
and Now this

June-November, how long is Moonsoon Season over there

More people will turn up for a T20 held in Auckland than the crowd over here. Just saying.

The issue with SC people even those in BD, is that they come to watch their team play during good times only. I remember that from my class i was one of those few who watched the first match in the asia cup between BD and Pak but almost everyone watched the final

Not too many have the attitude of "ill go to watch a good game in the afternoon". Perhaps the long duration of the cricket matches have a lot to do with it

so match going to start in 20 minutes!

I wanted to watch the match but the poor crowd in the background doesnt do one bit into making me watch the match. If the environment isnt exciting then the even a decent cricket match looks dull. Compare with the ecstatic environment of La liga and EPL matches, the full crowds give a majestic environment for players and TV viewers alike

No problem, Guptill will make it exciting for everybody who loves good fielding!

I believe the monsoons in the sub-continent run from the start of July to aroundabout mid-September.

Well, It was wet in Lahore,Islamabad, and Rawalpindi

BUT

Karachi was very very dry this year.

Karachi had 2 days of rain at max and 3 light rain days

Suprisingly there was hardly much rain in bangladesh during august and early september but during late september and early october it was totally pouring in here.

monsoon begin from late june to around september

Well, It was wet in Lahore,Islamabad, and Rawalpindi

BUT

Karachi was very very dry this year.

Karachi had 2 days of rain at max and 3 light rain days

Yes, but I'm sure it varies between two countries so geographically distant as Pakistan and Sri Lanka!

nz in deep trouble.

15-3, they need a samuel-ish innings if they are to win this match

nz in deep trouble.

15-3, they need a samuel-ish innings if they are to win this match

Thank heavens for the rain (literally), we've become the laughing stock of cricket.

Tim Southee fighting back for New Zealand! Has come out to the crease and hit 4 FOURS in 5 balls! 16 runs off the over! 67/7. 1 over left.

Excellent over by Kulasekara to end the innings! New Zealand finish with 74/7 from 14 overs. Only 2 batsmen reached double digits.

The overrated Mcullum has once again failed to deliver against a good team. But you have to hand it to him, he is probably the most epic minnow basher of all time.

Dropped! New Zealand has no room for error and can't afford mishaps in the field. Tight bowling so far. SL is 6/0 after 2 overs.

That does it. I've had enough and am turning off the telly.

Heck, at least we'll walk away with a 0-0 test series result and not be whitewashed for once!

New Zealand get out of jail with the only T20 of the Sri Lanka tour being abandoned due to rain.

Back