Pakistan [305 all out] slide to a 62-run defeat to Australia [367/9] at the ICC World Cup 2023 in Bengaluru

Those who are recommending to go after shots. Now see. Pakistan lost a wicket. This was not good from Shafique. You are set, go for a big hundred. He threw his wicket.

I've only seen Babar play a great innings once when the team really needed it and that was against NZ in WC2019. He has failed under pressure more often than not.

If he succeeds here to take Pakistan over the line, it will be his greatest ever innings.

Babar will not get a better chance anywhere to do a Kohli here. The pitch, platform are all set for him.

Those who are recommending to go after shots. Now see. Pakistan lost a wicket. This was not good from Shafique. You are set, go for a big hundred. He threw his wicket.
Wicket doesn't matter much. 9 are left and they all bat. Can't let asking rate climb. Selfless cricket from Abdullah and it's still well under control.

Pakistan should be 220 at 30 overs, to have a real shot at this. Still doable.

What’s the lady commentator waffling on about hair?? Wers the decent commentators pollock Atherton

Mohammad haris, the keeper, I said emerging acc Cup bro, why would a senior bowler by in that tournament 😂

That would be interesting. So I guess Rizwan would play and keep wicket + Haris to open the batting?

Mohammad haris, the keeper, I said emerging acc Cup bro, why would a senior bowler by in that tournament 😂
That guy makes Fakhar look like he has a text book technique. Mohd. Haris is the hackiest batsman I've seen in my life. Keep those kind of batsmen for hit and giggle tournaments like PSL.

Reading comments here it's as if a score such as these are chased every other day. Only been done twice in history of ODIs.

Imam is a very good player. Pakistan should persist with him and should support him in his bad days.

That guy makes Fakhar look like he has a text book technique. Mohd. Haris is the hackiest batsman I've seen in my life. Keep those kind of batsmen for hit and giggle tournaments like PSL.
Haris is a clean hitter of the ball. A absolute cleanie. He’s our only batter that was hitting those sixes on big Aussie grounds during the WT20 2022.

Reading comments here it's as if a score such as these are chased every other day. Only been done twice in history of ODIs.
The history of ODI cricket can be subdivided into some distinct chucks.

1. 60 Over ODIs
2. Pre-T20 era
3. Post-T20 erra

Since the advent of T20s, teams play ODIs as an extended T20.

Although we have lost a wicket, we are only 18 runs behind the Aussies so not that bad, tbh...

Pakistani mindset is traditionally delusional. Crazy expectations is what makes them what they are.

Brainless by Abdullah, no need for that shot, still a long long way to go and he pulls (pun intended) that shot. Pak lack severely in the mental capacity.

Lower middle order is weak so we can't be giving away reckless wickets.

Pakistan should be looking to target stoinis... Atleast one or two big overs will set the tone. Things are going to get tough from here if pakistan doesn't attack.

That would be interesting. So I guess Rizwan would play and keep wicket + Haris to open the batting?
Idk lol, Haris in the emerging acc Cup shifted himself all over the place, sometimes came at opening, sometimes at 5, sometimes at 4 amd sometimes at 7. Keeping wise he keeped but rizzu is a better keeper.

As a captain though, he was beyond aggressive and captained well, first of he rotated all 15 players in the squad throughput the tournament unlike clueless captain babar.

He literally played his bench strength against India and lost in a group stage cause Pakistan had already made ir through and then brought full strength and crushed India in final.

In terms of field settings, his field is always focused on blocking singles then boundaries. He's very aggressive amd doesn't ever panic. Under him even slow players like omair bin aziz were attacking from the get go.

The guy dominated every game in the cup minus one game which he wanted to test ideal combinations.

Also saim ayub opened that tourney and was 🔥. Haris in batting rotated himself everywhere lol.

He's a hack who can be groomed and he's a vital no 7. You want shadab or usama as your no 7?

He's a hack who can be groomed and is a vital no 7 for Pakistan. You want shadab or usama as your no 7? Good luck 😂

2nd wicket, thats why I am so annoyed at Shafique, as soon as wicket goes, then we could potentially lose more in quick succession.

Stoinis bowling floaters and causing havoc. What the fluff

Back