Pakistan reach 259/5 at stumps on Day 1 of the second Test against England

This is a crucial spell from Carse. There will be lots of reverse swing here. Pakistan need to see off next 10-15 overs with extra caution.

Kudos to Pakistani selectors for trusting Saim Ayub. His 50 in this match is as crucial as a century.
Also, Selecting Kamran Ghulam was masterstroke on this pitch. This is what happen when you select guys based on the domestic performances. Babar Azam should have score two ducks on this turning track.:):)

England doesn't always bazzball though? Infact root hardly bazzballs.

They only bazzball when an opposition is having a bad day or if the bowling is rubbish.
Root is the only reason Bazzball has some level of success. He has been rescuing England for the last few years.
Without him, English batting is just slog fest that races to 300+ which is not good enough in most tests.

Because he has an agenda. He doesn't care about PCT as much as he cares about these players failing
How so? @Rana Cares about pak cricket more then anyone?

I've seen his past posts and no one got more excited on pakistan cricket winning then he did.

The day misbah became coach and selector, and the moment he created an opening combo of Babar and rizwan opening followed by chacha as finisher and a few other changes caused the t20 side to collapse?

Afterwards rizwan's crying at no 4 caused Agha who was the previous no 4 to more or less be dropped until dead rubber games in wc.

Alot of people claim he got dropped for saud at 5, but people forget that it happened way before that, Rizzu got no 4 and after a while that was it for Agha until wc.

Obviously ramiz, wasim khan and many other factors are at play but it started qith Rizwan.

You cannot have an all format player who is

A) Rubbish as a t20 opener

B) Causing huge problems at no 4, even avg 29 and sr 80 in a rubbish tournament and still riding his whole career of his sri Lankan amd aussie c side exploits just like Abdullah Shafique is

So far he's only been good in test and if that's the case, then he shpuod stick to test, People also forget that eizzu got dropped in test for sararaz after sohaib Akhtar bashed him and called rizwan a rubbish test fraud who's really just a medicore t20 player.

It was sarfi's NZ exploits that forced rizwan to perform in Australia but after that, he hasn't been impressive at all.

He's followed the same pakistani trend in pindi which is scoring in the first innings with other batters and then flopping in the 2nd innings where pakistan gets dismissed for 150 to 250 and lose games.

I've seen his past posts and no one got more excited on pakistan cricket winning then he did.

The day misbah became coach and selector, and the moment he created an opening combo of Babar and rizwan opening followed by chacha as finisher and a few other changes caused the t20 side to collapse?

Afterwards rizwan's crying at no 4 caused Agha who was the previous no 4 to more or less be dropped until dead rubber games in wc.

Alot of people claim he got dropped for saud at 5, but people forget that it happened way before that, Rizzu got no 4 and after a while that was it for Agha until wc.

Obviously ramiz, wasim khan and many other factors are at play but it started qith Rizwan.

B) Causing huge problems at no 4, even avg 29 and sr 80 in a rubbish tournament and still riding his whole career of his sri Lankan amd aussie c side exploits just like Abdullah Shafique is

So far he's only been good in test and if that's the case, then he shpuod stick to test, People also forget that eizzu got dropped in test for sararaz after sohaib Akhtar bashed him and called rizwan a rubbish test fraud who's really just a medicore t20 player.

It was sarfi's NZ exploits that forced rizwan to perform in Australia but after that, he hasn't been impressive at all.

He's followed the same pakistani trend in pindi which is scoring in the first innings with other batters and then flopping in the 2nd innings where pakistan gets dismissed for 150 to 250 and lose games.
They will never appreciate me for the caped crusader I am ;)

“He’s been absolutely A grade”

Says the guy who saw no sellable commodity in this Pakistan team

Kamran sent a flying kiss to someone in the dressing room after scoring his fifty. Was that for Shan or Gillespie? ;)

Its ridiculous , nonsense, stupidity and crime that Pakistan dont give chances to their consistent performers in domestic until they are 30 years of age or more. We saw that in case of Fawad Alam,Usman Salauddin, Abid Ali and now Kamran Ghulam. In bowling Sadaf hossain and others. I can't recall other names. The list is long. Even Saud Shakeel was given debut late. Its not like Pakistani batting eleven possess batsmen like Root, Williamson. Rather the selectors are inclined to batsmen averaging mid 30s rather than averaging 50 in FC. Just ridiculous.

There's a case to be made that England's Bazball approach is kinda lacking in substance. It relies heavily on shock and awe. But fact is, some of the left-field selections they often make are quite brainless. Shoaib Bashir and Josh Hull are a couple that come to mind. Ending James Anderson's career before you have found proper replacements is another one. This kind of gutsy and fearless cricket where you're relying more on the self-belief of players rather than ground realities can work on occasion like the first test against India. But on most occasions, against quality oppositions, it will fall flat because there's no shortcut for skill.

I think this approach is best suited to limited-overs cricket. Which is why its surprising to me that McCullum is only coaching the test team.

They will never appreciate me for the caped crusader I am ;)
Momin: You could die, Atleast tell me your name?

Rana: It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Rana proceeds to jump into a crowd of Rizwan fans

There's a case to be made that England's Bazball approach is kinda lacking in substance. It relies heavily on shock and awe. But fact is, some of the left-field selections they often make are quite brainless. Shoaib Bashir and Josh Hull are a couple that come to mind. Ending James Anderson's career before you have found proper replacements is another one. This kind of gutsy and fearless cricket where you're relying more on the self-belief of players rather than ground realities can work on occasion like the first test against India. But on most occasions, against quality oppositions, it will fall flat because there's no shortcut for skill.

I think this approach is best suited to limited-overs cricket. Which is why its surprising to me that McCullum is only coaching the test team.
McCullum is now white ball coach as well

So Zimbabar couldn't score 50 in 18 innings and kamran has already scored one on bit difficult pitch.

Kamran should have been selected in the team instead of that saud garbage long time ago.

Not gonna bother reading this looong fan post. If you guys want to cheerlead each other keep it in the DMs.

You can clearly tell Kamran Ghulam has played lots and lots of red ball cricket in pakistan.

He understands the pitch extremely well and he's clearly practised his sweeps and coming down the wicket for a 6 stroke as well as his offside drives.

Really good player, but his real test will be overseas.

I'm hoping they select him against australia but where will he play? Ladla Babar and ladla rizzu occupying 3 and 4

Pakistan playing pretty slow: RR 2.89.

Showing those Bazballers what REAL test match cricket is all about!

Not gonna bother reading this looong fan post. If you guys want to cheerlead each other keep it in the DMs.
You're not gonna read cause it brings things about rizwan to light that you don't wish to address since it would mean that Misbah was wrong.

But you can stick to Rizzu 171 or his aussie exploits in a 3-0 bashing or his sri lanka 131. Whatever floats your boat 🫠

So Zimbabar couldn't score 50 in 18 innings and kamran has already scored one on bit difficult pitch.

Kamran should have been selected in the team instead of that saud garbage long time ago.
Saud is one of the best Test batsmen in Pakistan. He deserves to be selected and he has proven his worth.

Kamran is also good and deserves to play. The real problem is Masood who doesn’t merit a place in the team because he is keeping better batsmen out.

Kamran
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Agha

This is a strong middle-order with a combination of Shafique, Saim, Imam and Huraira as openers. Then you have the likes of Jamal who is no mug with the bat.

You're not gonna read cause it brings things about rizwan to light that you don't wish to address since it would mean that Misbah was wrong.

But you can stick to Rizzu 171 or his aussie exploits in a 3-0 bashing or his sri lanka 131. Whatever floats your boat 🫠
Ahan. Like I said, if you guys want to show your love for each other, keep it in the DMs. None of us care about your budding bromance.

Its ridiculous , nonsense, stupidity and crime that Pakistan dont give chances to their consistent performers in domestic until they are 30 years of age or more. We saw that in case of Fawad Alam,Usman Salauddin, Abid Ali and now Kamran Ghulam. In bowling Sadaf hossain and others. I can't recall other names. The list is long. Even Saud Shakeel was given debut late. Its not like Pakistani batting eleven possess batsmen like Root, Williamson. Rather the selectors are inclined to batsmen averaging mid 30s rather than averaging 50 in FC. Just ridiculous.
That's because for the past 5 years the batting has always been around rizwan and babar and bowling has been around shaheen and naseem
In this process pakistan did not groom anyone and lost lot of gems

Ahan. Like I said, if you guys want to show your love for each other, keep it in the DMs. None of us care about your budding bromance.
I'm more worried about your budding romance with rizwan tbh.

I've seen you support rizwan but go into post natal depression once your baby fails you every icc game.

I'll quote your own words " Don't cry that it happened, Smile cause it's over"

I've seen you support rizwan but go into post natal depression once your baby fails you every icc game.

He claimed Rizwan would get into England’s side over Jamie Smith

That was actually aimed at the Pakistan cricket team. Because unlike you two I am not obsessed with certain players. But knowing you and your obsession with Rizwan, I fully expect you to say this.

Mental toughness plays a huge role in sports.
Whole of Pakistan team is mentally weak and this garbage saud is just awful and he doesn't even have skills.

If kamran Ghulam is mentally strong he can have good career

England missing Babar because he provides that free wicket alongside SNGPL saud and rizwan 🫠.

Also I remember seeing @Major Past comments not wanting Kamran ghulam in the team.

Blud's gone quiet all of the sudden. I'm still waiting on you addressing the 2015 allegations and your essay about inzi despite watching post 2006 🫠

England missing Babar because he provides that free wicket alongside SNGPL saud and rizwan 🫠.

Also I remember seeing @Major Past comments not wanting Kamran ghulam in the team.

Blud's gone quiet all of the sudden. I'm still waiting on you addressing the 2015 allegations and your essay about inzi despite watching post 2006 🫠
He figured out Babar was dropped because the track would turn. Fascinating revelation

That was actually aimed at the Pakistan cricket team. Because unlike you two I am not obsessed with certain players. But knowing you and your obsession with Rizwan, I fully expect you to say this.
I think you are cause you got mad the moment I mention rizwan.

Rizwan is part of the pak cricket team, so you aimed it him regardless.
He figured out Babar was dropped because the track would turn. Fascinating revelation
Yes because the track would turn, Not because of his gand for the past 18+ test games.

Atherton calmly putting Ramiz Raja in his place on commentary. Ramiz is one of the worst and most clueless pundits of all time for sure.
They are all rubbish dude

I would be happy if the CT2025 has no commentators from Pakistan. They don’t deserve to comment on cricket.

Saud is one of the best Test batsmen in Pakistan. He deserves to be selected and he has proven his worth.

Kamran is also good and deserves to play. The real problem is Masood who doesn’t merit a place in the team because he is keeping better batsmen out.

Kamran
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Agha

This is a strong middle-order with a combination of Shafique, Saim, Imam and Huraira as openers. Then you have the likes of Jamal who is no mug with the bat.
The hate

Shan just did a 150 last match and a 50 match before

When was the last time babar did 50? 2 years ago?

Kamran
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Agha

Saud has done decent on these flat wickets and even still he couldn't capitalise fully.

He failed in australia and in odi World cup as well.

He looks mentally weak and obviously can't play fast bowling at all.

I m certain he will fail in overseas tests.

He is going to be a failed investment.

The hate

Shan just did a 150 last match and a 50 match before

When was the last time babar did 50? 2 years ago?
This is why I always have issues with Mamoon's opinions.

I hate Shan and people have read my past posts regarding him.

But atleast I've never hated Shan for the agenda of playing Babar again 🤣🤣.

Babar on current form is even worse then Shan meaning he's literally at the bottom of the pecking order.

Back