Pakistan reach 259/5 at stumps on Day 1 of the second Test against England

Naw lol, it's still a solid 400 pitch. Pakistan makes a big deal out of everything.

Ghulam despite being nervous is sweeping, driving, taking doubles and triples, coming down the wicket to loft etc

Hilarious how a nervous debutant is taking more risk then established batters.

It's still a 400 pitch.

Looks quite tough to bat on Day 1. It will only get tougher and tougher to bat on from here.

But you are right, we always make it look tougher than it really is

Looks quite tough to bat on Day 1. It will only get tougher and tougher to bat on from here.

But you are right, we always make it look tougher than it really is
Bro, we thought Pakistan was batting like bradman in the first Test until England showed everyone their place.

If pakistan is remotely struggling, then you know the opposition will have a field day

How can anyone not like saim.He is the future of pakistan cricket InshaAllah.
The future of pak cricket needs to impress.

And when I mean impress I mean show something worthwhile.

These 150's in domestic is good and all but you need something good in international.

A newbie can be Inconsistent and show flashes of brilliance but they can't just be inconsistent and show nothing.

Saim's portfolio includes 2 50's in test and that's it. He's gotten a billion t20 games and a decent amount of test games. He needs to show something especially when he's gotten batting friendly conditons in pakistan and school boy pitches in Ireland.

Bashir bhai will again help pakistan with his lacklustre bowling, this guy is useless in spinners paradise also
England should have gone with Rehan ,altest he will bat bit and turn the ball

Bashir bhai will again help pakistan with his lacklustre bowling, this guy is useless in spinners paradise also
England should have gone with Rehan ,altest he will bat bit and turn the ball
It ain't spinners paradise.

Yes, day 1 10 overs only already ball is spinning and bouncing a d it's not spinners paradise??
I don't think you know what spinners paradise is.

Look at the match rn, it's no longer spinning and surface has already dried up.

Now that the spin is gone, I'm expecting a bigger bashing then 800 since you've given root and Brook garbage spinners on a garbage pitch

Can't believe Babar is dropped but the mediocrity king Masood is the captain of the ship. Titanic.

Potts grunting louder than some of Pakistani pace bowlers. Stokes wasted new ball with spinners despite the two wickets.

Na bhai not going to be that bad this time around. This pitch will do things as the game progresses
Theirs hint of reverse which means pakistan as usual badly misread the pitch.

England did the right thing by balancing between pace and spin.

Besides 4 spinners followed by multiple spin part timers will mean every English batter will get accustomed to similar style bowling anyway and will easily judge the lines

They should have prepared spin friendly pitch with 6 spinners in the lineup. This looks to me very similar pitch as in first test match. English batters will have yet another run fest. Hopefully they will not declare this time around and score 1000+ runs.

They should have prepared spin friendly pitch with 6 spinners in the lineup. This looks to me very similar pitch as in first test match. English batters will have yet another run fest. Hopefully they will not declare this time around and score 1000+ runs.
this is just the 1st day.The pitch will play all sorts of tricks after tea tomorrow.

TMS :
An interesting first session, in which this used pitch has been under plenty of scrutiny.

There are signs it could get a little spicy later in the match but since the ball has soften, it has not looked hugely challenging for the batters.

Now i get why babar wasnt played because of the turn that this pitch is gonna offer.

Problem for pakistan is that they need a proper spinner that can turn the ball.

Zahid does have turn but zahid at the same time is very slow. So i doubt he would do any good here but still hoping he pulls something off.

Pakistan maybe playing 7 spinners and 3 main spinners, but not a single one of them is good enough. This spin crises reflects the bat pitches and limited teams we had in domestic cricket

Multan: England and Wales Cricket Board Chairman Richard Thompson and CEO Richard Gould Visit Multan Stadium

Met with PCB COO Salman Naseer

Richard Thompson and Richard Gould are watching the ongoing second Test match at Multan Stadium.

F84iMSs.jpeg

PYAweXn.jpeg

TMS :
An interesting first session, in which this used pitch has been under plenty of scrutiny.

There are signs it could get a little spicy later in the match but since the ball has soften, it has not looked hugely challenging for the batters.
Winning the toss should be half a win for Pakistan already.

This match is not getting to day 5 at all.

Could be an exciting one as English batsman are susceptible to any kind of challenge be it spin or seam or swing, and this pitch is offering some help for spinners.

Now i get why babar wasnt played because of the turn that this pitch is gonna offer.

Problem for pakistan is that they need a proper spinner that can turn the ball.

Zahid does have turn but zahid at the same time is very slow. So i doubt he would do any good here but still hoping he pulls something off.

Pakistan maybe playing 7 spinners and 3 main spinners, but not a single one of them is good enough. This spin crises reflects the bat pitches and limited teams we had in domestic cricket
Abrar not good enough anymore for you?

Btw I have never seen a pitch where it spins more on day one than the following days, so obviously its gonna get more challenging.

Kamran Ghulam has already showed he is better than Zimbabar.
Zimbabar should have been dropped long time ago.

Sky Sports' Michael Atherton:

"I've enjoyed the first session. There's been a little bit more there for the bowlers.

"The balance between the bat and ball has been a little bit better, which has made life more interesting.

"The pitch has played fine. It looks a bit cracked in the middle... we all expected the ball would spin a little bit more.

"We have seen a little bit more but by no means is it vicious spin."

Good start by PAK. I'm sure they can reach a par score even on this pitch.

But the bowling is beyond hopeless.

Sky Sports' Michael Atherton:

"I've enjoyed the first session. There's been a little bit more there for the bowlers.

"The balance between the bat and ball has been a little bit better, which has made life more interesting.

"The pitch has played fine. It looks a bit cracked in the middle... we all expected the ball would spin a little bit more.

"We have seen a little bit more but by no means is it vicious spin."
nothing alarming to suggest a 4 day Test ....

Those were saying Abrar is a saviour after getting exposed ,they are criticised him . hypocrites
How is that hypocritical?

If a player does good then they'll be praised if he's bad then they'll be critisized?

Go read the dictionary, your vocabulary needs work.

Back