Pakistan reach 259/5 at stumps on Day 1 of the second Test against England

The 3 spinners selected are awful as well. Sajid and zahid will be cannon fodder here
The pitch is deteriorating but its not a traditional spinning pitch. Its the 6th day of a pitch that started out as a road so on that kind of pitches pacers can also play a part and maybe sometimes even more than spinners.

My main point of argument has always been that Riz is Pakistan’s best choice as WK batter. I never ever said he is Pakistan’s best batter.

Saud is no doubt technically better then most of our batters.
Yes he is technically so good, any half decent pacer can rough him up and make him look like a tail-ender.

Gets out in the most stupid ways against spin. All of this when he is supposed to be in-form, wonder how bad he will look out of form?

Not sure if the pitch is good for bowling or Pak has been ultra defensive. Will have to wait till Eng starts batting.

Meanwhile, superb knock by KG, should have been regular member way back in Test and ODIs.

Leave rizzu alone, He's clearly depressed that he isn't getting to bat his lover being dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro you know full well you're being disingenuous.

We've had this talk. Don't act like you are not aware of him batting at opening because Misbah wanted it and him batting at no 4 because rizzu demanded it and he's friends with bobby.

No sane individual would trust a failed t20 wicket keeper batter to just open out of the blue.
if Riz lobby is so strong then why is he not captain?

if Riz lobby is so strong then why is he not captain?
He was made captain when Misbah was around for the NZ test game but he flunked that game ans their was media pressure to put Babar back.

Afterwards plugs were pulled to get Shan and shaheen in and now Gary Kristen and Gillespie don't see anything in rizwan that warrants captaincy.

It's really been bad luck on that end, as he no longer has misbah around and both ramiz and the current set up I clouding naqvi don't see it.

But bhai aur kitna luck cha hi yei? He was already given the biggest respite by misbah and then Babar?

Kamran Ghulam, take a bow! On debut, he’s put on a batting masterclass, showing everyone how it's done with a sensational hundred. Babar Azam, for all his brilliance, hasn't managed this in the last two years, but Ghulam’s just come in and made it look easy. What a statement from the debutant, putting the spotlight firmly on himself and raising the bar for the rest

Alhamdulillah, Kamran doesn’t just survive the England bowlers, but he survives Rizwan to more importantly to get his 100, a beautiful knock under immense pressure. Eat that Bacha Party.

Kamran got the debut cap from Riz

The rest is history
When I came here I firmly firmly believed you were a good poster but after seeing such conspiracy rubbish I am convinced rizzu is paying you 100 bucks an hour for such conspiracy rubbisj

Excellent inns from ghulam, Pakistan need to get to close of play just 4 wickets down

I know it's been mentioned before but given how poorly PAK have performed against wristspin in recent years from Adil Rashid, Rashid Khan, Wanindu Hasaranga, Kuldeep Yadav and Rehan Ahmed himself on the last tour - why didn't ENG play Rehan ?

Kamran ghulam really deserved it. Even in ODI he is very good player. Babar and co kept him away for a reason otherwise he would have debuted 3 years back. What a shame for king and his fans for destroying and ignoring such talent

Babar and company have kept deserving players out of the spotlight, while those in the squad are being played out of position to ensure they don’t outshine Babar or Rizwan. It feels like a move to protect their spots rather than letting talent thrive where it belongs.

The pitch is deteriorating but its not a traditional spinning pitch. Its the 6th day of a pitch that started out as a road so on that kind of pitches pacers can also play a part and maybe sometimes even more than spinners.
This could be a 100th day pitch, but when you bowl floating pies like sajid and zahid, the pitch state becomes irrelevant

There’s no travis heads waiting in domestic.. plenty of space for an inform Baba & Kamran take your pick which pathetic batsman to get rid of Masood shafique etc.
Babar fans should go to sleep now, a 20 avg batter for the past 2 years deserves the boot.

QEA trophy , whoever is your top red ball performers deserve to play plain and simple, not a clown who refused to play fc red ball and was avg 20 in international.

Babar is gone and good riddance.

There’s no travis heads waiting in domestic.. plenty of space for an inform Baba & Kamran take your pick which pathetic batsman to get rid of Masood shafique etc.
to start off with babar needs to learn how to hold the bat, go back in domestic and prove he can hold the bat before he can come back in the national team

Amongst good captaincy Stokes does strange decisions like bowling root to make it easier for Ghulam to get the last two runs, and earlier in the day bowling spinners for too long when they were being handled easily by Saim and Kamran, as soon as pacers came they made it harder for Pakistan.

Why is Pakistan producing 5'7" batters all the time?

Kamran, Saud, Rizwan, Saim?

The one tall batsman we have in Shan is completely rubbish.

I think Babar fans got a heart attack.

It's hilarious how they all came rushing in as soon as KG got a 100 but we're silent before 🤣🤣.

Some of the earlier comments are hilarious. KG hadn't even padded up but instantly experts were questioning his technique

Back