Pakistan South Africa | 2nd Test | Cape Town | 17/2/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asad has the confidence from the century last innings , he is looking a different play now. Refined defence and excellent shot play.

Asad has no problems unless he starts to chase the balls outside offstump ,away from his body

100% agreed! That is his trouble delivery for sure, around 5th-6th stump, where he leans forward away from his body.

Especially vs Steyn, I think he will struggle with that, cause of the speed.

SA commentators makes me laugh, they think SA wil win on any situation yea yu r no1 team, but dnt get over confidence.

good stuff from azhar. at least we won't collapse with him still there.

Sure hope so! In a decent spot right now, but need these two to survive until lunch now. Our tail is terrible. Sarfraz really needs to do something with bat for once this series.... started so good in practice match too

Really??? Our openers have scored a combined 20 runs in 4 innings, and your complaining about the guy who is 57 not out?

Maybe the rest of our team should learn to DEFEND. Maybe tuk tuk is not a mistake in some situations.

Azhar can try any shot that a batsman can play. The only thing is, he's smart enough to leave everything and mostly only hit what he wants too.

Go Azhar!! I got your back bhai !!:azhar

ufffff so u cant pin point short comings of a player when he score???

u can bash him when score less....

its for his own benefit ..... its not criticism .... think before u speak..... jazbaaaat par kabooo rakhain

already gave my comment on hafeez on this page .... do u want me to repeat or u can make an effort urself and see it?

pakistan need to keep south africans in the field for long enough, steyn will have rheumatic disease if he continues to run in like the nutty professor

Oh crap they are changing the ball

Yeah, my video froze! What happened to old ball??? Seam broke?? This is BS!! Why ball change???? So unfair to batting side.... you are used to one ball, and they just get a new one???

The seam better have broken or this is bs...

144 dot balls out of 173

its 83% dot balls

bring it to 70 %b at least by converting those dots into singles and double ... he will automatically score more without risk

No such thing bhai. If Steyn bowls on 5th stump, if you leave it, 0% chance you will get out. Once bat and ball touch, the odds of you getting out have drastically increased.

Same for vs Peterson with spin, he gets no spin, no variety. You just bat-pad it dead, almost 0% chance you will get out (Aka Azhar Ali). But once you try to do something else, like a Misbah sweep, now your an idiot....

SA already moving a fielder back to save edges from going into boundary. Shows you how scared they will be if Pakistan touch 250.

Nothing alarming about the pitch yet,not much turn even from the rough...But for Pakistan besides Ajmal, Gul could be quite special here with reverse swing.......I wont be surprised if Tanvir is not bowled in the second innings at all...

Last edited:
the last ball before drinks jumped up abit, azhar had to go and change his handwear

SA already moving a fielder back to save edges from going into boundary. Shows you how scared they will be if Pakistan touch 250.

Yup, RSA are clearly defensive. Even the line they are bowling is mostly hoping for a bad shot.

As long as Pak stay patient. We should coast into lunch only 4 down. Once we do that, we are going to be in control of game.

No such thing bhai. If Steyn bowls on 5th stump, if you leave it, 0% chance you will get out. Once bat and ball touch, the odds of you getting out have drastically increased.

Same for vs Peterson with spin, he gets no spin, no variety. You just bat-pad it dead, almost 0% chance you will get out (Aka Azhar Ali). But once you try to do something else, like a Misbah sweep, now your an idiot....

inbetween there is one thing ....in his game which is missing is finding gaps and 144 balls cannot be like that whicfh has 0 % chance of scoring :)

Hafeez has 25 runs in 4 innings ! What a shame

some PPer's were really excited about Hafeez after the India series and I had to calm down saying the real test is SA, Sadly he is failing the test miserably.

Hafeez has 25 runs in 4 innings ! What a shame

And yet, look at our test team, we have NOBODY to replace him......??? We need to bring up that U-19 opener Sami, or surely somebody on domestic tour has a good opening record.

He is almost guaranteed to be opener in 3rd test just cause we have no other option....

300 is the absolute minimum needed to have a shot at winning this game. These two need to put on another 120 odd with Azhar getting his ton and Shafiq needs to stick around with the tail and farm as much strike as he can since he's not a particularly easy batsman to get out once he's settled down and faced 50 odd deliveries.

some PPer's were really excited about Hafeez after the India series and I had to calm down saying the real test is SA, Sadly he is failing the test miserably.

True bruv. If you cant face bhuv kumar then forget about lasting against these guys !!

now its not needed.....

came down bit early and peterson bowled a bit wider ...almost threw his wicket away ....

What is with our test batsmen having Afridi like brainfarts today? Why the need for 6 from Shafiq when he is the last batsman out there? Crazy.

less than 20 overs to new ball. Pakistan should get 50 runs before that, otherwise things can get really difficult

morkel isnt bowling, so therefore SA have 4 bowlers (Kallis, Peterson, Steyn & Philander)

guess what happens mentally to the captain if he faces the situation where Peterson is being hit and he effectively is playing with 3 bowlers?

What changes can he bring? So I think if Asad is trying to hit peterson, he should be doing that. Its worth taking the risk and its a brave decision

Need to get 60-80 runs in these 20 overs

This is why they are having the brain fart. They think they have to score 3-4 runs per over.

Does not matter even if we only score 40 in the next 20 overs. As long as we lose no wickets, we are on top.

Get a 200 lead by the time new ball comes.

Without losing a wicket.

Then we should expect to be able to get another 50 with the new ball with 6 wickets in hand.

If we lose a wicket before the new ball arrives. ... Its all over.

Get a 200 lead by the time new ball comes.

Without losing a wicket.

Then we should expect to be able to get another 50 with the new ball with 6 wickets in hand.

If we lose a wicket before the new ball arrives. ... Its all over.

As expected from a man with an Imran Khan picture. Just pure words of wisdom!!

misbah gave his wickets, the ball was short n should have been pulled or paddled on the back foot,

besides that i see nothing in the pitch, its generally dead,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back