Pakistan South Africa | 2nd Test | Cape Town | 17/2/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
why don't they show the foot landing fully before they adjudge a noball on the replay??

ajmal and tanvir .. we don't expect anything from you .. 164 is good enough lead .. we will win, insha'Allah

Disappointing morning, but Pakistan can still win this IMO. :Ajmal

To many kids here trying to act smart by pretending they understand Test cricket better than other posters.

This is what your rubbish blocking against Peterson have cost you. No runs taken and now losing the wickets.

Actually clearly you dont know test cricket. I agree with iafzal, go watch 2020, its more suited for you from your posts.

If Misbah & Sarfraz had just kicked away Peterson like Azhar did, we wouldnt have been in this mess. They got confident against the spinner, especially Misbah, trying to score for no reason...

Philander to Umar Gul, OUT, that's a hat-trick of wickets for South Africa and Philander is on a hat-trick himself! He has Alviro to thank for taking a brilliant catch, this was pitched up and moving away sharply, Gul should have left that alone, reaches out and goes for the drive, outside edge and Alviro at fourth slip flings himself to his left and cups it and falls

So asking a batsman to score 2-3 overs, is not Test cricket. How old are you?

Now he is gone too, after blocking the spinner. Learn to understand Test cricket before you call things nonesense

So? It is not limited over game where if you do not score fast enough the other batsman gets under pressure to keep the RR high. Learn to know the difference between a limited over match and Test (no limit on overs)

Last edited:
As a bowler
As an inspiration
As a enthusiastic leader
Cheerful celebrator on field
And as a great entertainer

All and more. ... If he was here he wouldn't have tuk tuk ed..

We would have got quick fire runs

pfffffffffffffff pakistan tactics are a joke
always play the defense game

why not try and hit some big shots and runs

scared play alway

i hate it

Pathetic, ball moving after 60 overs?... Are the ICC trying to make sure SA win this game or what?

So? It is not limited over game were if you do not score fast enough the other batsman gets under pressure to keep the RR high. Learn to know the difference between a limited over match and Test (no limit on overs)

well said!
Lets hope these two can somehow get another 50+ partnership like in 1st innings....

going to take a miracle from here...

Pakistan should logde a complaint the ball has to be replaced with a ball of the same condition...

Umpires made another honest mistake and gave a replacement ball that is moving like it is 10 overs new

To many kids here trying to act smart by pretending they understand Test cricket better than other posters.

This is what your rubbish blocking against Peterson have cost you. No runs taken and now losing the wickets.

Players have to pay within their limitations. ..

If Azhar attacked he would have got out.

If umar akmal defends he would have got out.

That's why u need a mixture of player types.

bla bla bla test this odi that

the problem is that no matter what we play wat to scary and we will definitely lose this game

probably today

Wow. Philander is swinging the ball miles now. Also, he looks more dangerous than Steyn, at least today.

Pakistan should logde a complaint the ball has to be replaced with a ball of the same condition...

they should wait till after the next series as to not disrupt this or that series

seriously tho, i've never seen balls changed in a test match b4

philander is swinging because the newer ball that was gifted to them by umpires .. this combined with a brain-farts our batters had

Actually clearly you dont know test cricket. I agree with iafzal, go watch 2020, its more suited for you from your posts.

If Misbah & Sarfraz had just kicked away Peterson like Azhar did, we wouldnt have been in this mess. They got confident against the spinner, especially Misbah, trying to score for no reason...

Both of them played poor shots. How difficult is to understand that? Misbah already decided to sweep but he could easily got to back foot and play.

You need to understand what positive cricket is. No one is asking them to slog like some crazy fools.
Restpect the good balls, but punish the bad ones. They did not punish the bad ones, hence the lead is only 160+ and not 200+ at the moment.

Players have to pay within their limitations. ..

If Azhar attacked he would have got out.

If umar akmal defends he would have got out.

That's why u need a mixture of player types.

While I agree with all your other posts, this I do not agree with. Anybody can attack. The point was, Peterson was bowling a negative line. He was bowling AROUND the wicket, into the rough, hoping for typical Pakistani stupidity.

Any other country in the world would just use their left leg and kick that ball away 100 times out of 100. But Misbah probably realized if he defends, he will get criticized, he tried to sweep, got out and we collapsed.

Should have just kicked Peterson away ALL day!

156 overs STILL left! Why were we worried about RR so early??? No other country worries about RR in a test until after day on day 4, but Pakistani must have their pointless slogging....

philander is swinging because the newer ball that was gifted to them by umpires .. this combined with a brain-farts our batters had

Yes but it shows you that wicket is not as flat as we all thought.. There is swing and spin

i would like to applaud the ICC Umpiring panel for the great work they've done in this series, when Umar Gul wanted to change the ball in Pakistans bowling innings when the ball lost its shape he was ballantly refused, but offcourse, why would they refuse SA, just look how much the ball has started misbehaving, Thank you ICC.

Either there is a lot of assistance on the pitch for the bowlers or our batsmen played horribly today. Asad looked very promising and was unlucky to played on to the stamps.

i would like to applaud the icc umpiring panel for the great work they've done in this series, when umar gul wanted to change the ball in pakistans bowling innings when the ball lost its shape he was ballantly refused, but offcourse, why would they refuse sa, just look how much the ball has started misbehaving, thank you icc.

+1

As a neutral I can see why pakistan always feel hard done by the ICC and umpires, they always seem to be against them

Both of them played poor shots. How difficult is to understand that? Misbah already decided to sweep but he could easily got to back foot and play.

You need to understand what positive cricket is. No one is asking them to slog like some crazy fools.
Restpect the good balls, but punish the bad ones. They did not punish the bad ones, hence the lead is only 160+ and not 200+ at the moment.

No, you CANNOT score with 0 risk. There is NO such thing! If there was, every decent batsman would have an infinity average.

If Philander/Morkel bowl 5th stump, you leave it. If Peterson bowls around the wicket, you kick it away. Do it ALL day if you have to. Get in a position where you CANNOT lose, then worry about RR.

Why the heck would you play on the back foot against Peterson after the ball hits the rough anyway? It could bounce, spin, take an edge, glove, anything. If he went back, you would complain "Why did he go on back foot and let ball spin from rough???"

While I agree with all your other posts, this I do not agree with. Anybody can attack. The point was, Peterson was bowling a negative line. He was bowling AROUND the wicket, into the rough, hoping for typical Pakistani stupidity.

Any other country in the world would just use their left leg and kick that ball away 100 times out of 100. But Misbah probably realized if he defends, he will get criticized, he tried to sweep, got out and we collapsed.

Should have just kicked Peterson away ALL day!

156 overs STILL left! Why were we worried about RR so early??? No other country worries about RR in a test until after day on day 4, but Pakistani must have their pointless slogging....

Anybody cannot attack. ...

Everyone has a natural rate of scoring.

I am not saying we were going too slowly. ...

Just saying that everyone has a natural rate of scoring. ...

And Akmal would have been scoring quicker.

Charlie Chaplain batting. This is why we love Pakistan.

(Let's not forget, it was even worse in 2010!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back