Pakistan South Africa | 2nd Test | Cape Town | 17/2/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody cannot attack. ...

Everyone has a natural rate of scoring.

I am not saying we were going too slowly. ...

Just saying that everyone has a natural rate of scoring. ...

And Akmal would have been scoring quicker.

Agree with that 100%

Akmal is def more aggressive in his natural game.

But I think the problem is, our attackers are Nasir & Hafeez, and both have done nothing this series. So I think the selectors think, we have them for attacking, Azhar & Misbah for defense, and we have a balance... but we dont in reality cause those 2 have been invisible.

Luck didn't go our way that unlucky dismissal of Shafiq triggered this collapse.
Sarfraz was hopeless,clueless i played better than him when i was in school.

This was bound to happen when u keep blocking u will get a brilliant delivery to get u out thats y Attacking is the best defence Pathetic stuff really :azhar

We need to be fair to Saffers, an apology is not enough for the Kallis dismissal, the game wouldn't have gone to day 4 had he not been wrong done, I demand the umpires abandon Pakistans innings and award the match to the Saffers, since more SA players are on a risk of getting injured.

i really supported sarfaraz.. but we have enough of him! this guy is not international material!

this should reduce the workload on the south african bowlers, having been gifted 4 wkts

India made same mistake when they toured abroad , played poor fast bowlers and benched kumble.

Agree with that 100%

Akmal is def more aggressive in his natural game.

But I think the problem is, our attackers are Nasir & Hafeez, and both have done nothing this series. So I think the selectors think, we have them for attacking, Azhar & Misbah for defense, and we have a balance... but we dont in reality cause those 2 have been invisible.

Agree 100%.

The only thing more frustrating then the collapse is the Pakistani idiocy to blame the highest scorer in the innings that its all his fault.

Yes, dont blame the two openers who have scored a combined 20 in this test.

Blame the guy who hit the 50, and made sure we at least got to day 4.

No, you CANNOT score with 0 risk. There is NO such thing! If there was, every decent batsman would have an infinity average.

If Philander/Morkel bowl 5th stump, you leave it. If Peterson bowls around the wicket, you kick it away. Do it ALL day if you have to. Get in a position where you CANNOT lose, then worry about RR.

Why the heck would you play on the back foot against Peterson after the ball hits the rough anyway? It could bounce, spin, take an edge, glove, anything. If he went back, you would complain "Why did he go on back foot and let ball spin from rough???"

Lols why are you taking the discussion to Philander bowling at 5th stump? Did I say Pakistan should attack him? NO!

And that is just stupid to just kick the ball away when Peterson is even bowling poor balls from around the wicket. You HAVE to punish the bad ball, even in Test cricket. If you keep blocking Peterson the other bowlers will get you because you don't have players to survive so many good deliveries. You are totally at sea. By your logic Pakistan would have gone no where.

azhar's blocking put preassure on asad. he was looking for quick runs before the new ball.

Both of them played poor shots. How difficult is to understand that? Misbah already decided to sweep but he could easily got to back foot and play.

You need to understand what positive cricket is. No one is asking them to slog like some crazy fools.
Restpect the good balls, but punish the bad ones. They did not punish the bad ones, hence the lead is only 160+ and not 200+ at the moment.

Read your first quote to which I have said is nonsense in test because it is. If it was limited over game or very short time left in a test then perhaps.

Now you are changing your tone by saying we should be playing positive cricket. look at your first statement...
Every batsman has different ability of positive cricket if they play beyond that than they start playing rash shots.
BTW Asad did not get out trying to hit the ball he was merely defending it so not how Azhar caused him to get out?

Tanvir will not be needed at all to bowl so should play his role as a batsman now

Last edited:
Taufeeq
Azhar
Younis
Misbah
Shafiq
Akmal

And we would have been in with a chance. ...

Lunch!! Get a team huddle going boys!!! I want to see a fight after lunch boys!!

You two made 64 partnership in first innings, I'll settle for half of that!!

Even after 12 years of International cricket , selectors still see :hafeez as opener , height of optimism.

need to go above 200 and anything can happen you never know with chokers ;)

PAK should play this team in next test:

Jamshed, Azhar, Younis, Misbah, Shafiq, Akmal, Adnan, Tanvir, Ajmal, Irfan, Khan

The only thing more frustrating then the collapse is the Pakistani idiocy to blame the highest scorer in the innings that its all his fault.

Yes, dont blame the two openers who have scored a combined 20 in this test.

Blame the guy who hit the 50, and made sure we at least got to day 4.

That's what I call PP logic. ... :)

So how crucial is Philander's non wicket of an non existent no ball proving to be now?

I still believe PAK can win this test. Hafeez MUST open with new ball. Gul might aswell catch a flight back home.

The major blame lies on :nasir:hafeez they are absolutely pathetic had they scored ten each they would had 20 more runs but........Vice Captain needs to be demoted:zaka

Its poor from PAK but PAK will win this test match.

No pakistan have no chance, There is nothing wrong with the pitch and Pakistan just has one man attack in Ajmal, even if they get the lead to 250 they have got no chance S.A. will play Ajmal without taking many risks and rest of the Pakistani attack is as crap as you can get

How much those 20 extra runs philander scored is going to hurt pak now.

I blame Misbahs dismissal. ... There was no reason for that shot.

Is that what a brain fart is called?

Sarfraz was insisted to be picked by chief selector Qasim Iqbal ..... what did he see in him.... not international class...... exploited badly by at this level..... egg in the face of Qasim Iqbal...... last time this Qasim Iqbal was chief selector Pakistan lost all matches on the Australia tour...... it might be possible pakistan loose all the matches now and Qasim Iqbal is sacked as selector again.....

I guess this finally illustrates why Azhar and Misbah batted the way they did?

And people were saying this match would be a draw :)))

Rehman not playing has to be the biggest blunder Pakistan made before this match. If he was there we would have had a great chance.

need atleast more than 50 from tanveer and above 30 from ajmal.can't believe myself.still hope for the best
tum jeeton ya harron hum tumharay saath hain:pakflag2

No pakistan have no chance, There is nothing wrong with the pitch and Pakistan just has one man attack in Ajmal, even if they get the lead to 250 they have got no chance S.A. will play Ajmal without taking many risks and rest of the Pakistani attack is as crap as you can get

Lay down and die then coward.

We have a chance at least. We need to have them 6-7 down for a 100 then they will be under serious pressure.

only 10 or so overs till the new ball. tanveer can play a counter attacking knock and get a quick 40 with ajmal chipping in. then anything after the new ball we can consider a bonus.

having said that, the ball the saffers have now is doing enough

ok alot whining for now. Another 30+ runs and we will inshaAllah win it.

Adnan was ten times the batsmen Sarfaraz is.

Im not saying Sarfraz is better. You just asked why Adnan was dropped.

But actually, I think both suck. We probably have the worst keeper-batsman of any test team (even Bang is better).

Adnan is a brilliant keeper and he's an improving batsmen. Average of 27 in test cricket is better then 5 :)

Lay down and die then coward.

We have a chance at least. We need to have them 6-7 down for a 100 then they will be under serious pressure.

I am not saying lay down like a coward, but realistically with Pakistan's bowling attack there is no chance of getting S.A out for less than 200, even 250 would have been just a fighting score

I am not saying lay down like a coward, but realistically with Pakistan's bowling attack there is no chance of getting S.A out for less than 200, even 250 would have been just a fighting score

Our pace bowlers have been crap... our bowling is actually pretty garbage. But Ajmal is so amazing, he makes us seem good.

Look at what RSA pace bowlers have done with the new ball, and what we have done.

Still, first lets hope these two do something in next 10 overs before new ball, and then need some luck.

Just around 10 mins to go. PAK need Tanvir & Ajmal to put on another 50 runs to be safe.

Just around 10 mins to go. PAK need Tanvir & Ajmal to put on another 50 runs to be safe.

I'll settle for another 31. Just think we get that little psychological edge if lead is over "200". Might play on RSA minds cause they think a lot about those kinda small things.

Still going to be up to our new ball bowlers to get some early wickets. Need RSA to start like 30/4 or 40/5.

I'll settle for another 31. Just think we get that little psychological edge if lead is over "200". Might play on RSA minds cause they think a lot about those kinda small things.

Still going to be up to our new ball bowlers to get some early wickets. Need RSA to start like 30/4 or 40/5.

Agree with this. .

Need to get over 200... it will mean the SA openers think before attacking the small target. ..

Couple of quick wickets and the choking tag well start playing on their mind. ..

Couple more and its a matter of time. ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back