Pakistan U19 v Sri Lanka U19 | QF: ICCU19WC | Sharjah | 22/2/2014 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan, which won the tournament in 2004 and 2006 when it was staged in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, suffered a defeat against India in the opener but recovered to beat PNG and Scotland by an identical margin of 145 runs. In contrast, Sri Lanka opened the tournament with a 49-run victory over New Zealand, then held its nerve to beat England by one wicket before romping home by eight wickets against the UAE.

Pakistan’s Imam-ul-Haq is the tournament’s leading run-getter to date with 260 runs, while his fellow opener and captain Sami Aslam is the other prominent scorer with 129 runs. The two batsmen have provided their side two century opening wicket starts. In bowling, Karamat Ali has bagged seven wickets while Zafar Gohar has taken six wickets.

In contrast, Sri Lanka openers Sadeera Samarawickrama and Hashan Dumindu have been timing the ball very nicely. Samarawickrama has scored 156 runs while Dumindu has aggregated 147 runs and both the batsmen have centuries against their names. Fast bowler Anuk Fernando with seven wickets is Sri Lanka’s most successful bowler, followed by Binura Fernando, who has picked up six wickets.

On a head-to-head in ICC U19 Cricket World Cup, Pakistan leads Sri Lanka by 3-1. The two sides last met in the 2010 event in Lincoln, New Zealand, where Pakistan won by five runs.

Sami, looking ahead to Saturday’s match, said: “We played in three tournaments in the lead up to the World Cup and came here with a lot of confidence. We lost the first match, but I think it was just a bad day as then we defeated Scotland and PNG by huge margins. So, I think the whole team is raring to go and will enter the quarter-final with a lot of confidence.

“Sri Lanka has been playing well so far. It beat England, New Zealand and UAE in its matches. So, I think it will be a good game, and we will try to give our cent per cent.”

Sri Lanka captain Kusal Mendis said: “We have been practising well and won all our three matches. But Pakistan is a good team and it has a good top-order line-up, including its captain.

“We got good confidence after beating England and New Zealand as both are very good sides.”

The matches will start at 0930.

Sri Lanka – Kusal Mendis (captain), Minod Bhanuka, Hashan Dumindu, Binura Fernando, Anuk Fernando, Kavindu Kulasekara, Lakshan Jayasinghe, Ramesh Mendis, Priyamal Perera, Harsha Rajapaksha, Hashen Ramanayake, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Thilaksha Sumanasiri, AK Tyronne and Hashan Vimarshana

Pakistan – Sami Aslam (captain), Ameer Hamza, Hasan Raza, Hussain Talat, Imam-ul-Haq, Imran Rafiq, Irfanullah Shah, Kamran Ghulam, Karamat Ali, Mohammad Aftab, Saifullah Khan, Salman Saeed, Saud Shakeel, Zafar Gohar and Zia-ul-Haq

Umpires – Shaun George and S.Ravi

Third Umpire – Rob Bailey

Match Referee – Graeme La Brooy

i think our tail is too long, keeper is also not as good with bat, similar problem as senior side.

otherwise bowling is fine. top order batting is fine.

fielding needs improvement.

Don't need to play Aftab and shah can play a batsmen for one of them. I would play shah.

I think Pakistan should try and attack with irfanullah Shah, he bowled exceptionally well against India in the inaugural match and with his bowling bring team back in contest. Batsmen also need to show responsibility, so far only top 3 scored. Pakistan need contribution from middle and lower order if they want to progress further in the tournament

I hope we win this, sl are not that great and hopefully england shock india tomorrow and we get iengland in the semis

Re: Pakistan U19 v Sri Lanka U19 | QF: ICCU19WC |Sharjah| 22/2/2014 - Pre game discus

We should be able to win this easily.

Sent from phone.

Sadly I think we will go out tomorrow. Our batting is all about Sami, when he is out against the better teams we lose. our best chance is to bat 1st and score 220-230 and then we have a decent chance. If they bat 1st and get 200 we will lose.

We will win tomorrow but I think if we play India in semi's that's when we'll go. Hope not though.

Pakistan should not mess with their batting order.

Sami
Imam
Hasan
Saud
Kamran
Zafar
Saifullah

That's the way it should remain. I hope we win the toss and the match also. SL is a tough team and it's not easy against them.

Pakistan U19 v Sri Lanka U19 | QF: ICCU19WC |Sharjah| 22/2/2014 - Pre game discussion

Pak seem to be doing what the senior team is doing playg extra bowler rather then a batter

There is only 3 proper batsman and therein lies the problem.

Apart from Imam and Sami, who is the 3rd one?

They haven't took Shayan Jahangir I guess who scored a century in England. They haven't played Hussain Talat in a single game.

Last edited:
There was heavy fog last night, zero visibility ...although the fog is not so much now but the light is bad to play

Imam Ul Haq is the top scorer of the tournament so far... The biggest disappointment is Kamran Ghulam as far as Pakistan is concerned. Only 44 runs in 4 matches. He needs to step up today.

Pakistan U19 v Sri Lanka U19 | QF: ICCU19WC |Sharjah| 22/2/2014

Im sure pakistan india wouldnt meet until the final if they were both to qualify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only Fernando the Left arm medium fast bowler can take a wicket with the new ball.

Pakistan 14/0 in 5 overs.. India 10/3 in 4 overs

English trundlers are bowling good lengths

12/3 in 5 india... 20/0 in 6 Pak

Pakistan have made cautious start

14 / 0 after 5

Because of fog there must have been moisture in the pitch thanks GOD they are playing sensbly otherwise we had collpsed like india we couldnt have make a comeback

English trundlers are bowling good lengths

Bowling same pace as Pakistani trundlers, but length is making real difference, Our guys were all over the place against Hindustan

13/3 in 6 india... 20/0 in 7 Pakistan

Because of fog there must have been moisture in the pitch thanks GOD they are playing sensbly otherwise we had collpsed like india we couldnt have make a comeback

If there is swing because of fog , why pakistan chose Batting ?

where i can watch score??/ cricinfo is not showing regularly

Pakistan need to make sure they get solid start , it will help the lower order to go after bowling , in the end.

23/3 india in 7.3 overs...Pak 24/0 in 8

India recovering through Zol and Ricky, both looking good

Sarfraz and Hooda still to come, Anything close to 200 can easily be a match winning score here

24/3 in 8 india... 24/0 in 8.2 Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back