Pakistan v Australia | 2nd ODI | Dubai | 24/4/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinner on. Hauritz. If Younus stays in then look forward to some slog sweeps. Single to Butt down the ground.

We need to invest some money into PCB research department and try to come out with the glasses for Butt which makes opposition outfit look like indian so Mr Butt can score some runs.

1st show of spin from Aussies, lets see how pakistan go at him!

Ah! Finally, Spinner is here... Breating space for Batsman...

btw, Butt has losted his head...

tauseefm said:
We need to invest some money into PCB research department and try to come out with the glasses for Butt which makes opposition outfit look like indian so Mr Butt can score some runs.

And some hearing aid's would do too :p or just to keep their eye once they hit the ball onto their partner!

when will we learn, Butt is a very very selfish batsman.

He makes these god awful slow starts, that are only useful if you are chasing 150 runs, but not when you are trying to set a target

Butt, apart from endeavouring to get out is also trying his utmost to lower the run rate.

poor shot....but YK was having to keep the scoreboard ticking becasue Butt is static at the other end.

To close to cut, if captain is doing this, what expectation do we have of the others?

salman butt useless inning put so much pressure on younis and now he is gone

abc_to_xyz said:
Younis Gone..... by Laughin, on 1st ball.... Big responsibility on BUTT now....

He put plenty of pressure on Younus by not playing enough shots and rotating the strike.

If your partner is scoring at a poor rate then that means you have to take risks - sadly thats resulted in the downfal of the skipper today.

many ppl here feel Butt is way ahead of Gambhir. :))

I am watching here from 1st ball and he is no where near Gambhir as a opening batsman.

This is why Butt gets all the criticism. He is a poor runner and plays for himself. Doesn't rotate the strike or play shots for that matter. Also he ain't the best fielder.

Garuda said:
many ppl here feel Butt is way ahead of Gambhir. :))

I am watching here from 1st ball and he is no where near Gambhir as a opening batsman.

they probably have never seen butt play

well cricket is unfair sport we have seen 3 batsman so far and the worst one still there.

Saj said:
If your partner is scoring at a poor rate then that means you have to take risks - sadly thats resulted in the downfal of the skipper today.

He should have taken risk after 25 overs. It was too early to play risky shot. Pakistan team is now in under pressure

Finally Butt is rotating the strike.. oh no its the last ball of the over!

Great, now we have Malik [fast runner] and Butt [crap runner] out there. I predict another run out.

Malik playing better than his captaincy days

and while i am posting it he is dropped

i agree i cant believ everyone in here is having a pop at salman butt about scoring rate the way he is batting we will get 220 and that what score they want

Hope some1 can go there and dig this wicket up! im getting sick and tired of this pitch!

The only way we will get to a respectable score is if Afridi gets lucky and manages 50. Doesnt look like we will go past 200.

Butt saab is middling ever ball now, it smells a big score

IAJ said:
Hope some1 can go there and dig this wicket up! im getting sick and tired of this pitch!

You might want to hire the services of Shiv Senna in that case...

IAJ said:

Pakistan batsmen can't play quality pitches. Better get used to slow pitches

Pak 69/2 after 18

Butt can be blamed for pakistans snailesque team inns so far!

The way malik has started it looks like the dressing room is not happy with the score at this stage.

ARghhhhhh I hate BUtttttttt so mucccccccccccch

this clown should not be anywhere near PAkistan cricket.

He is a domestic bully cause he gets to play intl cricket, but if other guys are given the chance to develop, they will do much better

Salman Butt has always been a slow starter but when he usually gets past 30 he really picks up the pace.

Butt trying to break Sunil Gavaskars record for lowest individual score and bat whole inns!

What is Butt doing a single an over is pathetic!

I can see Malik throwing his wicket away here!

Inswinger said:
Salman Butt has always been a slow starter but when he usually gets past 30 he really picks up the pace.

Well come the 49th Over when Butt gets to 30 it will be to bloody late!

Inswinger said:

yeah the thing is "when", if he does not he has destroyed the game

and when he does get past, he has got 1 player runout, and another has got out trying to up the score

Amjid Javed said:
Butt trying to break Sunil Gavaskars record for lowest individual score and bat whole inns!

oi, and what was that score?

Pakistan need atleast 230 here to have something to defend!

asifp said:
yeah the thing is "when", if he does not he has destroyed the game

and when he does get past, he has got 1 player runout, and another has got out trying to up the score
All I'm saying is that don't be surprised if he ends up with a 100 off 120 balls. Don't forget Yousaf is the same way. Some players have a habit of starting slowly.

IAJ said:
oi, and what was that score?

36 In 60 overs in 1st ever world cup!

Some indian fan even ran onto pitch and threw his lunch at gavaskar and pleaded with him to get a move on!

Inswinger said:
All I'm saying is that don't be surprised if he ends up with a 100 off 120 balls. Don't forget Yousaf is the same way. Some players have a habit of starting slowly.

Moyo/inzi were world class, Snailman Butt isnt!

Inswinger said:

Difference is guys like YOusaf and Kallis are world class batsmen who at the end of the day start slow but can up it at anytime cause they can face any bowling. Butt can bat for 70 balls, and ont eh 71st ball just hagn hi sbat out there like he is facing ball 1 and get out. Too many times has he got out for 20 off 50 and such.

Anyone by any chane got any windows media links? I can only watch those at work lol

Looks like another wicket and Pakistan are truely in the ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back