Pakistan v Australia | 2nd ODI | Dubai | 24/4/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP

T20I Debutant
Runs
Just few hours away from the start of second match. This is very important one for kangaroos to bounce back after they were outclassed by slow bowling in first ODI. On the other hand, Pakistan will be eager to take 2-0 lead to further enhance their chances of claiming this series.

Very interesting stat to notice: Pakistan have never been beaten by Australia in four ODIs in the United Arab Emirates.

Good Luck Pakistan!

I am looking forward to it. I am more keen on what team combination will be with Nasir injured and Shoaib down with viral infectio

Can't even think about 2ND ODI before Jumma!

anyway,

My Players to watchout list:

Pakistan: Salman Butt, Sohail Tanvir (If included), Umer Gul
Australia: Whole Middle Order (Watson, Clarke, Ferguson),

abc_to_xyz said:
Can't even think about 2ND ODI before Jumma!

anyway,

My Players to watchout list:

Pakistan: Salman Butt, Sohail Tanvir (If included), Umer Gul
Australia: Whole Middle Order (Watson, Clarke, Ferguson),

No Afridi or Ajmal in the players to watch out for?

Australians expecting a much better performance this time around.

Last match was not acceptable.

Not too long to go.

Its another brilliant day in Dubai and seems hotter than on Wednesday.

I wonder if Pakistan will bat first if they win the toss?

Plan is to read Jumma and be at the stadium real early to see some of the pre match activity....

Last edited:
Aussies have called up North in place of Marsh

I want Pakistan to bat first if they win the toss because they are one of the nervous chasers in world cricket and I don't want to die due to heart attack caused by them.

Last edited:
Just thought I would mention this but they announced the ICCs statement on Racism ie anyone making derogatory remarks about race etc would be expelled etc - the annoucement is made in English whereas most of our Bhais are from Pakistan and dont understand English ! Sounds a little lame and pointless.

Infact all announcments were made in English...bizarre!

I think Pak should bowl first if we win the toss.....under lights with a bit of dew around the conditions may favour our quicks but it might hamper our spinners. Aussies definately struggling agianst spin, first in SA now here...so it might not be a bad bet to bowl first.

MIG could you snap tons of pictures from pre-match activity? I dont think that they show that on the tv even if they do I can't see it because I will writing my exam when the match is being played so I will be missing first innings. Jazak Allah in advance

If we bat first, we do run the risk of not putting enough runs on the board with our rusty batting, and the Aussies maybe chasing a smaller score, which they will do it very carefully. The flipside to that is, if our batting clicks well, and they struggle against our spin, then they will have a very tough time chasing a good score against us...

I would rather bat second. The problem with batting first is in our team.

Salman Butt is a very slow scorer, and if Shehzad plays, being his debut, he may play slowly too. If let's say our top order wickets tumble, then the middle order will try to keep things at bay by batting slowly too. This way we always end up at a very low score. If we bat second, we always have the target in sight and our batsmen know at what tempo to play.

Just for this reason, I'd say Pakistan should bat second

Off late Salman Butt is a very nervous starter. Once he gets past 10 or so, he seems to play better - but then who doesnt?

The problem I've noticed with Salman Butt is a very psychological one.

He scores 100's against domestic teams and teams from the sub-continent, but when it comes to teams out of that, he's a wreck, and even if he's playing on 3 runs or 73 runs, he remains a wreck against those teams. It just seems as if he is intimidated by those teams.

He is the only one in the newer lot with a hundred against Aussies but that was a test match

MIG said:
He is the only one in the newer lot with a hundred against Aussies but that was a test match

That is true, I did not watch that match. Was he able to score freely against the OZs, or was he playing nervously on his way to a 100 in that too?

However, it's a great achievement on his side, and he should be commended for that.

Ok team news coming off GEO

1. Akhtars participation in todays match is not decided yet - has a viral infection
2. Ahmed Shahzad will open with Salman Butt
3. Hussey in for Marsh but not clear who will open
4. Aussie team seen busy with practice against spin lst night!

MIG said:

1. Akhtars participation in todays match is not decided yet - has a viral infection

I guess that means Rao will still play. I thought Geo and Jang had also reported that Tanvir will be in for Akhtar, and Shahzad in for Nasir...

I am looking forward to Ahmed Shahzad's batting, i reall hope he plays but i will be equally satisfied if Fawad Alam gets a chance instead. We can open with Butt and Akmal (as we did in the first game) and Fawad can come lower down the order for much deserved chance.

MIG said:

Good innings, but I personally, prefer Yasir Hameed's innings over Butts.
Yasir scored 58 and 63, and his 63 was under pressure, with Pakistan being behind in the first innings.

In the first innings, it seems it was a batting track, with Yasir , Younis and Kamran all scoring near 50's.

In the second innings, it seems like everyone scored heap load of runs apart from Salman Butt.

So it evens out, but still kudos to Salman for scoring that century. Many people look to perform that feat and he delivered it.

checkers.llvllaster said:
I guess that means Rao will still play. I thought Geo and Jang had also reported that Tanvir will be in for Akhtar, and Shahzad in for Nasir...

Apparently Akhtars situation isnt clear - yet.

MIG said:
Apparently Akhtars situation isnt clear - yet.

Hope:
Alam comes in for Jamshed
Arafat comes in for Iftikhar
Tanvir comes in for Akhtar

Pakistan would be a better team

I remeber that match..although we lost the series there were some good individual performances..our bowling was rubbish though!!

As for todays match..tanvir should come in to play instead of sicknote!!

Ok chaps Allah Hafiz - off to Juma and then to the ground - Inshallah, will report tonight.

In the meantime, lookout for a frail looking 40+ in a green tshirt and a baseball cap :)

MIG said:
Ok chaps Allah Hafiz - off to Juma and then to the ground - Inshallah, will report tonight.

In the meantime, lookout for a frail looking 40+ in a green tshirt and a baseball cap :)

Have fun :)

Let's play this team:

Butt
Akmal
Younis
Malik
Misbah
Alam
Afridi
Arafat
Tanvir
Gul
Ajmal

4 spin bowling options
3 Fast bowlers
6 proper batsmen and 3 all rounders who can bat really well.

Waseem said:
Let's play this team:

Butt
Akmal
Younis
Malik
Misbah
Alam
Afridi
Arafat
Tanvir
Gul
Ajmal

4 spin bowling options
3 Fast bowlers
6 proper batsmen and 3 all rounders who can bat really well.

lol, that's the team I posted a few posts ago, and this same team order in the Team thread.

Got to say , you have a good selection mind ;)

MIG said:

Can you give us REALTIME updates from a laptop :D

Good look to shezad opening inns, Jamshed needs to sort his fitness out.

Pakistan batting again looks one batsmen light, hope Tanvir plays instead of Rao!

mujhe neend na aaye main kya karoon.looking forward to see shezad bat who they say is the best batting talent to come out of pak for years.

Salazar said:
lol, that's the team I posted a few posts ago, and this same team order in the Team thread.

Got to say , you have a good selection mind ;)

I am at work right now and don't have time to read all posts :)

Sorry if i stole your team.....PEACE :D

Would rather Alam given a game in the middle order but I have no qualms with Shehzad getting a game. No better way to test out a youngster than against one of the best sides in the world.

MIG said:

Hope that he gets well soon..

And Yes.. Good Riddance..

I recall the fad started by New Zealand of bowling Patel within the first 10 overs. It would be interesting to see if Pakistan take the risk of using spin earlier in this match.

I'll miss the first innings because of a morning class but will be home for the second. Hope we bat second. Would love to see Shehzad.

Well they're building a gallows outside my cell...

...I've got 25 mins to go.

should be 5-10 minuts to the toss

Just one change for Pakistan. Ahmed Shazad replacing Nasir Jamshed.

Akhtar playing

Afridi to opennnnn!!!!!!!!!

Ok just kidding, dont wet ur pants yet kids

wish Alam got a chance, he is too good to be sitting on the bench

has to be so demotivating for him. Alam should have come in for Rao

Three changes for Australia

Hussey in for Marsh

Ben Laughlin in for Stuart Clarke

Bollinger in for Hilfenhaus

Three changes for Australia. Shaun Marsh is replaced by David Hussey; Ben Hilfenhaus and Stuart Clark make way for Ben Laughlin and Doug Bollinger.

2.26 pm: We'll get you the details from the toss shortly. The news is that Pakistan have won the toss and opted to bat. Nasir Jamshed is out injured, and in comes Ahmed Shehzad. Three changes for Australia. Shaun Marsh is replaced by David Hussey; Ben Hilfenhaus and Stuart Clark make way for Ben Laughlin and Doug Bollinger.

Luton Bad Boy said:
What time in UK is the match starting??

Aussies wil be fired up for this one after the mauling they took in the 1st match.

Intresting the Aussies have made bowling changes. Hilfy looked pretty dangerous with new ball.

Pakistan need to get atleast 200+ on this wicket!

Good luck to shezad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back