Pakistan v Australia | T20 WC | Group F | Johannesburg | 18/9/07 | Aus Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
45 mins to go to the 'Big One'

We take on the 3 times World Champions and the Kings of the test arena.

Ever since the 2000, Australia have had the wood over Pakistan. Perhaps it was a psychological thing, perhaps they were just too good for us.

This is the first encounter of the new generation of Pak players against the world beating Aussies. Can we turn the tide for future encounters?

Only one way to find out

First ime that I've been on this forum that we've played Pakistan. can't wait!

Afridi to go out ofr alow score. :)

amazing how long it has been since we last played them. I think we played all other teams at least 1 since we last played aus.

Players to watch..

Symonds - He averages 62.11 vs Pakistan in limited overs cricket. He usually save the Aussies vs Pak when we get them in trouble (ala WC 03). However he always comes in the middle overs vs spin/medium pace. If Malik holds Gul back again then we may surprise Symonds.

Hogg - Pakistan struggle against spin and it wouldnt surprise me if the Aussies sneak in Hogg to take advantage of that fact.

Afridi - Can Afridi reprise his VB series form against Australia? A quickfire 30-40 may just be enough.

Asif - So far Asif has proven himself to be a big match player, it doesnt get any bigger than this. Lets hope Asif comes to the party today!

Only way we can turn the tide is to have a game plan ,win the toss put AUS into bat.Asif,Gul and one of the spinners have to bowl like they never did before,restrict aussies to 160-170 ,bat sensibly and we will inshallah win.

I think Pakistan should choose to bat first because it's always our batting that fails against the Aussies.

If we can get 150-160 on the board then I back our bowling attack to make a game out of it!

If we bat second we'll likely collpase

hopefully butttttttttttttttttttttttttt doesn't play this match........

Hogg - Pakistan struggle against spin and it wouldnt surprise me if the Aussies sneak in Hogg to take advantage of that fact.

he hasn't been played in the matches so far, so I doubt he'll be played today. Nielson is a fag who doesn't know who to play. Hogg and Hilfenhaus should have played in all 3 matches.

If Pak lose to aus will they be out of the super 8's
HELP IM CONFUSED AND WORRIED
!

no....but they will have to beat bangla and srilanka would have to beat both Aus and Bangla....then it will depend on NRR

harrybeg said:
!

No they wont be out if the beat Bangla Desh and Aus beat Sri Lanka

Islamabadi said:
no....but they will have to beat bangla and srilanka would have to beat both Aus and Bangla....then it will depend on NRR

THANKS ALOT M8 , BUT HAVENT WE BEATEN SRI LAKA ALRADII #?

harrybeg said:
!
No we will have a must win match against bangla to get to semi's.

if we beat aus , then aus have to beat sl to qualify ... otherwise if we lose we would have to beat bangladesh to qualify for semi final

Aussies batting. Our aim will to make 170 plus. Anything lower will be a dissapointmant IMO.

Surprise surprise.... Not Hogg and Hilfy.

Last edited:
harrybeg said:
!

ummm, you are wrong.

harrybeg said:

calm down

yes we have beaten Sri Lanka already.

harrybeg said:

i meant srilanka has to beat Aus and bangla to have any kinda chance to go to semis

moin khan moaning that w shud have batted first, he's not confident we can chase Aus's score

harrybeg said:
!

If we lose this match and beat Bangladesh, then Aus will have to beat SL for us to go through automatically. Otherwise it'll be NRR

dirk diggler said:
moin khan moaning that w shud have batted first, he's not confident we can chase Aus's score

I am with him on this one. We failed to chase 141, whats keeping us from crumbling again against a very good bowling attack?!

Usman Sahib said:
I am with him on this one. We failed to chase 141, whats keeping us from crumbling again against a very good bowling attack?!

Australia won chasing against Bangladesh...whats to say they wont do the same

I would have prefered to bat first and then bowl second. Less pressure on our fragile top order.

what is malik doing having asif in the circle?
the guy cant field if his life depended on it

Finally. The perfect stream to watch. But it's 3 balls behind.:(

Gunner786 said:
what is malik doing having asif in the circle?
the guy cant field if his life depended on it

even symond wouldn't be able to catch that ball.. so clam down buddy

business as usual when it comes to pakistan and gilchrist in the past 5 years

Do not let asif bowl more than 2 overs here if gilly stays at the wicket, he will get smashed. he isnt the best 20 20 bowler out there.

asif needs to get the ball to shape into gilly like flintoff does

tauseefm said:
even symond wouldn't be able to catch that ball.. so clam down buddy

what makes you think im on about that ball?

sure he missed that one but im talking in general

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back