Pakistan v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 26/9/09 | Pak Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posters in here need to get real.

We need to keep the score board ticking here and have a go in the last overs.

Speeding up right now will result in loss of wickets.

Common sense applies.

guys my stream crashed, anyone able to tell me if bhajji's getting any spin or is the ball holding up for the spinners etc?

hmmm not great this.

The plan is of course to keep wickets in tact, but the run rate is very ordinary and the pressure will be on Umar, Afridi and Rana.

In the next few overs, one of these 2 batting at the moment need to cut loose.

imshally81 said:
v r lucky to won match against WI... otherwise...

Yea I was going to say, quite personally I'm quite happy we got that game out of the way. They seem like a bit of a dark horse.

Very very poor team selection by YK ever since he took over. T20 WC, SL tour and today. Misbah and Fawad should have been played instead of Malik and himself.

50 (72) Not a bad partnership, but its worse because theyve batted against part timers mostly

Bhajji has never really been a danger against PAK. Yes, he can keep the scoring rate low, but i cant remember him taking more than 1 wkt/innings against PAK. Infact, did he ever took more than 1 wkt in a game against PAK?

yeah yousuf can anchor innings

Malik should ve been a lot more threatening, hes been so poor for last 6 months it unbelievable

JeeraBlade said:
Very very poor team selection by YK ever since he took over. T20 WC, SL tour and today. Misbah and Fawad should have been played instead of Malik and himself.

I hope to God you are kidding, at least on the Misbah part.

Whats the sky commentators take on the match so far? I am stuck with GEO. People comentating off the television.

mindless slogging said:
How is Malik ranked 26th in ODI's?

There are 26 players better than him in Pakistan.

There are 26 players better than him in my family !

Cricinfo

Arun Iyer: " think the pair is batting quite sensibly. Indian bowlers is known to be raining runs towards the end. Just have to keep wickets which they are doing sensibly without being much slow. 250 is good enough for india" [on this track]

He's trying to jinx it!

Poison said:
I hope to God you are kidding, at least on the Misbah part.

A fully fit YK should be preferred over Misbah but Malik should not be in the team AT ALL!

We will have to field like demons today. Like demons I say.

JeeraBlade said:
WC 2003 after 27 overs 127/3
Today after 27 overs 117/3
So where 10 runs behind, Meaning we scored 272 then, so we will probably score 262...

Ha Ha did any body just hear Wasim Akram:

Its a witit .. wtick ... wicket taking delivery. :))

Useful boundary, thanks to bowler, only way we could ve got it is wides

We will seriously struggle to get to 300. Willis and co. thought that 270/280 is the score to get, Akram thinks 260.

Misbah and malik are big doubts for future matches unless malik redeems himself with a big knock

Saj said:
hmmm not great this.

The plan is of course to keep wickets in tact, but the run rate is very ordinary and the pressure will be on Umar, Afridi and Rana.

In the next few overs, one of these 2 batting at the moment need to cut loose.
you can always increase the runrate with the powerplay at the end..we have afrid,umer, and rana..but if we lose wickts now, then those players will also be in alot of pressure

Sparhawk said:
4 to Malik

He needs to hit a lot more of those to redeem himself

Malik hit a four? I thought it was wides?

Harsha Boghle is on.

I have to say I got nothing against the guy but sometimes he sounds as if a radio's being tuned from one channel to the other.

Juggernaut said:
Ha Ha did any body just hear Wasim Akram:

Its a witit .. wtick ... wicket taking delivery. :))

I just rewinded it to hear it again! Then he changes it completely "oh its a doosra" :)) :wasim

The ante has been upped.

:afridi

We're going well, no need to take stupid risks now.

Juggernaut said:
Harsha Boghle is on.

I have to say I got nothing against the guy but sometimes he sounds as if a radio's being tuned from one channel to the other.
:)))

amar1212 said:
you can always increase the runrate with the powerplay at the end..we have afrid,umer, and rana..but if we lose wickts now, then those players will also be in alot of pressure

we are going at 4.5 an over, theres only so much that can be increased

We ve dug a big hole for ourselves, gonna take some getting out of

Generally speaking, in ODIs; a gettable score is deemed double of what you have at 30 Overs. So pak looks on par with getting 280 ish

Just came back from Maghrib salah and nice to see, still 3 wickets down, at least there is no collapse, 240 is gettable inshallah

I thought Bhajji would bowl a lot better.

He hasn't been bad but not all that great either.

Juggernaut said:
I still can't get over how poor YK's shot was.
forget that..in addition to the fact that it was a good ball..Malik's inability to score on boundary balls put huge pressure on YK,thats why he was moving around trying to manufacture something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back