Pakistan v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 26/9/09 | Pak Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaz said:
260 if we double from here (30 overs)

Not enough

If memory serves me correct we were 100-2 in the 25th over in the Kitply Cup and still got 300.

Zaz said:
260 if we double from here (30 overs)

Not enough
I think 260 would be enough.

Whether we can reach 260 is another matter.

Malik tho test match khail rahaa hai.

Doubling the score after thirty overs gives around 270, I'll take that at the moment.

Yousuf along with Younis have formed a better partnership in the middle overs instead of Malik currently.... Yousuf and Younis together are very good in getting singles and doubles in the middle overs.... Malik has failed in this sense to support yousuf..

amar1212 said:
you can always increase the runrate with the powerplay at the end..we have afrid,umer, and rana..but if we lose wickts now, then those players will also be in alot of pressure

You say always like its a given. Theres no gaurantee we'l make 8-10/over in the last 10, even if there is doesnt mean you score 3/over in the first 40 to save wickets. Theres defensive and then theres negative.

Somebody needs to tell Pakistani batsmen that stopping the ball and pretending that you are going to take a run doesn't add anything to the scorecard. :inzi

Whers the boundaries???? We're only 3 down atmo WHY ARE TEHY playing SLOWWWW?

We still got Afridi and Umar and RANA to come! MOVE YOU LAZY Misbah worshippers! hehe

you guys forgetting theres still a pp left , pak cud easily go past 270 with a good partnership here

Malik needs to start playing aggressively now .... he has played more than 10 overs himself now

Credit to Yousuf here, he's doing an admiral job in keeping the innings together.

137 for 3

jusarrived said:
you guys forgetting theres still a pp left , pak cud easily go past 270 with a good partnership here
I dont think 270 is enough. Wicket is very flat

Malik is a certainty in the line up but is batting as if his place is in doubt - so not taking any risks.

Go for it man!!!!

If these two are still in at 35 overs I say take the powerplay.

40-45 runs in a powerplay could really help.

Wow there's 24 pages on this thread and its only half the game so far.

Will we crack the 50 for this innings alone?

Shoaib Malik not out 31 65 2 0 47.69

Mohammad Yousuf not out 32 42 1 0 76.19

MALIK WILL COST us if he gets out with amount of balls he's faced just like Younis.

Malik had a moment of weakness and tried to be aggressive there.

A stern look from Dhoni and Malik looks embarrassed.

Malik is and will always be a selfish player trying to cement his place rather than playing for the team

Juggernaut said:
If these two are still in at 35 overs I say take the powerplay.

40-45 runs in a powerplay could really help.
I dont think these 2 are the right batsmen to take the powerplay on. I would wait for Ukmal & Afridi

Bob Willis say Pakistani openers should look at what Yousuf is doing.

Hasn't broken a sweat yet. No thuggery involved from Yousaf, says Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back