Pakistan v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 26/9/09 | Pak Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
26th September 2009 - a day many of us will remember for a while - so gather your belongings, say goodbye to your dear ones, book a couch and switch off the mobile....

Its Pakistan Vs India !

Pakistan vs India, ICC Champions Trophy, 2009: September 26, 2009

Venue: Centurion

Stats say: (last five completed matches, most recent first)

http://www.cricinfo.com/iccct2009/content/current/story/426574.html
India - WLWWL (from Cricinfo)
Coming off a tri-series win in slow-and-low Sri Lanka, they will need to quickly adjust to livelier pitches in South Africa. Centurion, though, has assisted spin and makes for a smooth transition.

Pakistan - WWWLL
The bowling unit looks almost perfect, as it showed in the win over West Indies. Batting is the weak link, and they need bigger contributions from senior batsmen.

Pitch :

Team Updates:

1. Younis Khan expected to play
2. Misbah out

Pakistan squad

Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal†, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan*, Mohammad Yousuf, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal

India squad

G Gambhir, SR Tendulkar, R Dravid, SK Raina, MS Dhoni*†, V Kohli, YK Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, RP Singh, A Nehra, I Sharma

Match scheduled (GMT): 14.30 start, First Session 14.30-18.00, Interval 18.00-18.45, Second Session 18.45-22.15

Toss : Pak win toss and decide to bat

Weather report (BBC/weathercity.com)

14-27C, Partly cloudy

Last edited:
Everyone sitting nicely? Not too long to go before we open the gates - for the moment, relax and talk to family and friends nicely - once the action starts in about an hour and a half then you may suddenly go all quiet...

The weather report says 23C and Sunny - the stage is set.

Dhoni whining about injuries already!!!!!!!! :))) :)))
"Of course the injuries have come at the wrong time but you can't do much when it comes to the injuries. Yuvraj is a big asset; he is the one batsman who capitalises in the middle overs and in the batting powerplay. Also his bowling. We are playing with three seamers and Bhaji. (No Amit Mishra)

The target has to be 280, no matter what. Anything below that will be below par and will put the bowlers under pressure

YK no hesitation in batting first.

Reckons 240 ish would be enough.

Manjrekar asking YK some stupid questions regarding senior players not doing enough.

This is the first time I can remember when Pakistan has been making almost all the right selection decisions.. well done to YK for having the stones to drop a senior batsman for a big game

Cracking atmosphere - and they havent even taken the field yet!

Let the fun begin boyz...it's D-Day...indian fans are ready to invade this thread :p
Good luck to both teams..may the best team win although I dreamt that India was all out for 100.

slix10 said:
lol.

Did Waqar just call U.Akmal 19/20 yrs old?

Is Waqar one of the commentators? Sky are still in their studio with Gus & Athers...

Viv_rav said:
Sigh, win toss, win match. And Pak wins toss :(

It's not that simple I am afraid. Although yes Pakistan has the advantage right now.

Viv_rav said:
Sigh, win toss, win match. And Pak wins toss :(
Shall we close this thread and declare Pak the winners then???

Nice try :)

It'll all depend on what a start we get! Nazir is going to feel the pressure as he is due to score a big one InshahAllah! A good start in the first 15 overs will really set the tone for the remainder of the match!

I am much more confident in this middle-order combating Indian spinners. I hope and hope Nazir and Kami give us a quick start, even if it lasts 10 overs! Our middle-order becomes dynamite if we get a decent start

I just prayed zuhr namaaz and prayed for the boys. Inshallah we will win!

Oxy said:

:p you should but the onus is on the SUBPAR Indian fast bowling now. Lets see what they can pull off here.

Btw, is Dew a heavy factor in centurion games?

far out my internet is all over the place today, havent had a decent signal for 4 hours.

So glad Nazir is playing. Would have been a bad decision to drop him on this pitch. InshAllah he will perform. :iamlegend

Lol at Shastri and Akram looking like CIA agents at the pitch report.

I don't care too much about Nazir's individual score as much as I do about Pakistan getting a quick start without losing a wicket in the first 10-15 overs

Insha Allah Pakistan will win today !!!!

best of luck to all Players

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD !

How's the atmosphere at the ground? What does it look like on TV?

In addition to supplying tissue papers to PPers today, I have also decided to offer free anti-depressants. Also, if someone needs a therapist, do let me know. I will open an online service.

I said:
In addition to supplying tissue papers to PPers today, I have also decided to offer free anti-depressants. Also, if someone needs a therapist, do let me know. I will open an online service.
I hope you stick around for the entire match.

Oxy said:

No. You should let the thread go on and at the end of the match read the following:

If Pakistan wins: Oh, it's a case of win the toss, win the match.
If India wins: Pakistan couldn't even beat this depleted Indian team, inspite of winning the all-important toss!

:)

I said:
We have a lot of wrist slitters on PP, that would be too late.

I said:

I think Dhoni will require a therapist after this. :D :D

Tension rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It an under statement though.

and all the best to India as well ! ( jinx attempt # 2398)

Our opening combo is way too fragile, but hey.. that's been the story for the past decade or so, so why worry now!

And the openers are here.

Nazir and Akmal.

Nehra to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back