England v New Zealand | CT 2009 | Johannesburg| 29/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think England have got themselves a competitive total on this pitch.

dont worry about which pictch we play on guys...We have attack for all conditions and i think we can go onto defend even a modest total if the wicket plays like it is today...if its like todays wicket i would drop ajmal (as hard as it may seem) and instead play asif! Gul, asif, rana, and amir should be deadly on this sort of track!

shahzadddd said:
Ok he is on now , probably will prevent them getting to 150

There you go :

Vettori to Sidebottom, OUT
RJ Sidebottom c Taylor b Vettori 20 (41b 3x4 0x6) SR: 48.78

146 all out

sali said:
There are only two pitches at Wanderers. This is the same as NZ-SL match. I think the first pitch was the one Pak-WI played. They play three games on each pitch.
are u sure?I cant believe it:78:
The other day it was playing like a great wicket but all of a sudden after 97 ovs it is behaving like a 5th day wkt..
As I write,vettori gets his first wkt to end Eng Inns..

according to cricinfo NZ needs to score 139 to qualify for semi final

How many overs do they need make target in order to finish ahead of England in run-rate and finish 1st?

nothing as such.. as long as they get to 130 they qualify..

I am sure NZL will pull this off.. a win is fairly realistic at this point.. no matter how bad the pitch is 146 is a very gettable total..

It's 44.3 overs to get target to finish 1st. Will set up an interesting dilemma for tomorrow!

Not sure where the semi final will be played. There are two pitches and you can see them on TV as well. Each one should have 3 games.

2nd Match, Group A: Pakistan v West Indies at Johannesburg - Sep 23, 2009

4th Match, Group B: England v Sri Lanka at Johannesburg - Sep 25, 2009

5th Match, Group A: Australia v West Indies at Johannesburg - Sep 26, 2009

7th Match, Group B: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Johannesburg - Sep 27, 2009
10th Match, Group B: England v New Zealand at Johannesburg - Sep 29, 2009

12th Match, Group A: India v West Indies at Johannesburg - Sep 30, 2009

Only game on 7th March was high scoring. It should have been today's pitch and it was new. Now its breaking up. Will they go back to first pitch for semi or they have a new pitch, don't know.

Last edited:
147 will be a heck of a run chase - do not under estimate the English bowling attack

ICC should give some one HUGE fine for making pitch like that. STrange why not SA and India did not played on this ?

If I were dan, I would have asked to get the target inside 44.3 over

first up, england bowlers look pensive and not as threatening as kiwi's bowlers did...
which is why i am against wickets like these because it aids the team batting second! Always easier knowing you are chasing a small total and bowlers find it harder bowling second because they often try a bit too hard...

anyway, early days so lets see

Janderson is the key to England chances..I think most of u people would agree that he's been the stand-out Fast bowler of the tournament so far

Oh man I just one 1 Spell from in form asif on this pitch against technically best players,He will destroy everyone.

Wassixpakistani said:
Go Baz ! BTW , If Nz win today .

Then who will we face in the semi ?

Cant say till the tomorrows match between Pak and Aus.

Can someone please get a live coverage of Sanga's face right now?

That will be priceless :)))

Wassixpakistani said:
Nz openers are scoring fast here . Maybe the intend to end this match in 20 Overs .

That will help them finish on top of the group.

Wassixpakistani said:
:))) Afridi_fan , weren't you afraid of us facing Jimmy in these conditions .

The way things are going England might not even play their Semi at this ground.

i've said it before and i'll say it again...in these conditions i fear nz a lot more then i do sri lanka!

Less than 100 needed. England just didn't show up for this match. Categorically eliminating SL.

NZ want to finnish the match before 36th over to go on top of the table based NRR. Its a mistake, they will have to play at Centurion. They have a better shot playing Pak at Wanderes if Aus beat Pak.

I think NZ might have calculated if they lose how many overs they need to make this score in so that they can get past SL RR maybe?

Pak are gonna beat Aus , I got no doubts about that .

A classic Pak/Nz Semi-final sounds nice with Pak winning it would sound nice .

Wassixpakistani said:

Like 2007 T20 WC

Wassixpakistani said:

For a Pak Vs NZ semi I cant see that happening if Pak beats Aus.

Cover Drive said:
If NZ win today aren't they going to be 2nd in there group?

If they chase it within 44.3 overs, they will top the group and England will be 2nd.

Afridi_Fan said:
If they chase it within 44.3 overs, they will top the group and England will be 2nd.
Ohh okay England isn't that bad either. Both teams aren't that great while playing spin

gollumbird said:
How did this England side qualify for the semifinals?
They won against Sri Lanka and South Africa

No Pakistani batsmen has even smashed 2 sixes

Cover Drive said:
No Pakistani batsmen has even smashed 2 sixes

I'm more worried about our bowling than batting in this tourney, but that discussion is for another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back