England v New Zealand | CT 2009 | Johannesburg| 29/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol would be funny if colly hit a 100 now and england went on to knock new zealand out the cup

makaveli786 said:
lol would be funny if colly hit a 100 now and england went on to knock new zealand out the cup

Would be one heck of a laugh-out but I think Colly ain't that good .

Last edited:
Wassixpakistani said:
Would be one heck of a laugh-out but I Colly ain't that good .

imran nazir or umar akmal answr me :pissed:

colly is fawad alam of england :jm

Mills bowling a real good spell here .

18 runs of his 8 overs so far . If manages to pick up 2 or 3 wickets then it can be a Job well done for him .

We want to win CT. If that means we have to beat New Zealand, Sri Lanka, England on any groud. If we cant do that we are not true Champions.

We can beat any team on any ground. Remeber we have best bowling so other teams fear us more

Khurram said:
We want to win CT. If that means we have to beat New Zealand, Sri Lanka, England on any groud. If we cant do that we are not true Champions.

We need more guys like you , Keep in faith your team :yk

pakdesi said:
vettoori aint that masoom remember after the 20 20 loss he said something about ball tampering

All he said was he has never seen a ball swing after 12 overs, in one way he was complimenting Pakistani's bowlers. I hope you read that full article, no where he mentioned about ball tampering.

what is significance of today;s match?
england is already in semis right?
what about newzeland if they win today are they in semis..
if they loose then what about southafrica?

Wassixpakistani said:
:( sorry , I gotta say the 19 year Old sensation Umar Akmal :umarakmal

oye imran nazir will play james anderson better than umar akmal :pissed: :pissed:

saqeeb90 said:
what is significance of today;s match?
england is already in semis right?
what about newzeland if they win today are they in semis..
if they loose then what about southafrica?

South-Africa are out of the tourny sadly . Today's match depends on Sri-lanka's chances into the Semis and us facing Nz or Eng .

Last edited:
Ayyub said:
oye imran nazir will play james anderson better than umar akmal :pissed: :pissed:

I only judged by what I saw from previous matches :) . Pak-West Indies match was played in Extreme Seaming Conditions and well..............you be the judge yourself .

Wassixpakistani said:
South-Africa are out of the tourny sadly . Today's match is depends on Sri-lanka's chances into the Semis and us facing Nz or Eng .

:))) Yes of course!

Pollock was asked by Sanjay which 3 seamers he would pick to bowl on this seaming pitch. One of his 3 were Mohammad Asif !

Oy hoy, bara kut chudiya yaar, aaja nas challiyay!

Morgan 9 from 38 .

Amazing to see how this guy changed his game so fast . Just in his previous match he murdered the Sa bowling .

Anyone listening to the commentary.

Sanjay: If you could pick 3 bowlers to bowl at this wicket, who would it be Shaun?

Pollock: Ambrose and McGrath would start of. Of the current lot, I would pick Mohammed Asif :asif . The seam movement he gets, he would trouble batsmen. Also said :wasim could have been chosen aswell

Mohsin said:
We really need a Gary Kirsten emotion

:kirsten

u have put my city hero as DP thnks thnks i know multani people are awesome example PM ,FM and Minister of islam affairs and most important :inzi and last but not the least me :D

Butler to Morgan, OUT, gone! Butler strikes! Short outside off, got some extra bounce there, went for the cut, got a thick edge and McCullum, trying to collect it over his head, fumbled it and it lobbed up behind him, sharp reaction from Taylor at first slip who dived to his right to complete the catch

Wassixpakistani said:
South-Africa are out of the tourny sadly . Today's match depends on Sri-lanka's chances into the Semis and us facing Nz or Eng .

thx

Elliott to Collingwood, OUT, Excellent catch by Taylor! Short outside off, went for the pull, it appeared it came on to him a little too quickly, mistimed it, hit him high on the bat but it seemed as though it would just about clear midwicket, but Taylor leapt with his outstretched right hand, timing his jump to perfection and snapping it out of thin air to end Collingwood's fighting knock

PD Collingwood c Taylor b Elliott 40 (58b 2x4 3x6) SR: 68.96

Elliott to Wright, OUT, edged and gone! Probing line just a fraction outside off and just a hint of away movement with some extra bounce, a lethal combination, Wright plays at it, is surprised by the bounce and nicks it straight to the keeper

so this is the same pitch pakistani batsmen struggled against the west indies, and everyone started bashing them.......but considering how other teams have done on this track, like england today, 134/5 in 30 overs would look pretty good now.......

England could be skuttled for less than 200.

pak vs. nz semi final on the cards :)

Elliott to Broad, :out, caught and bowled! England continue to slide, bowled on a good length on middle, hit the pitch hard as well as the bat, Broad tried to defend it onto the pitch, it struck him high on the pad and lobbed up in front of Elliott who bent low and took it clean on his follow-through

Nz can also collapse btw. Any score above 150 will test NZ to the limit.

Bopara will try to stay unbeaten at teh crease just to silence his critics and show the world he can perform well under pressure

England have reached three-figures. Vettori doesn't see the need to bring himself on, with his seamers doing the job.

Looks like Sri Lanka are going out of the tournament. We will be the only Asian team in the Semi Finals.

I guess NZ will top the group B. Pak will play against NZ at Wanderers if they lose against Aus and against Eng at Centurion against Eng if they win.

Who would have predicted Eng and NZ beating out SL and SA. This CT is full of surprise.

I think 130-40 if england can get their will be something to defend!

Civil said:
England could be skuttled for less than 200.

pak vs. nz semi final on the cards :)
Pakistan will be looking forward for a semi-final against NZ...remember, 1992 world cup semi, 1999 World cup semi, against NZ....we won both of them....infact T20 worldcup semi in 2007 was also against NZ I think...they are lucky charm for Pakistan..

Bond to Bopara, :out , plumb! Kept low, the pitch is still doing things, bowled on a good length on middle and didn't rise up one bit, struck Bopara extremely low on the pads as he went across to work it into the leg side, no way he was going to get down to playing that one, England are nine down, was struck in line with middle and leg

This pitch sucks...the ball kept very low. This is such an uneven bounce for a bouncy pitch. On top of that cloudy weather and swing... no chance for our players. They just don't have the patience to play on this pitch. Let's beat Aus or pray for rain so we have semi in Centurion.

I still got a feeling england will win this match!

sali said:
This pitch sucks...the ball kept very low. This is such an uneven bounce for a bouncy pitch. On top of that cloudy weather and swing... no chance for our players. They just don't have the patience to play on this pitch. Let's beat Aus or pray for rain so we have semi in Centurion.

I don't think they would use the same pitch for semis. At least I hope so.

gollumbird said:

sanjay manjraker dose not think this pitch will be used again.......he thinks the other pitch will be used on this ground from here on

gollumbird said:
Sanjay Manjaraker is saying exactly that this might be the last match on this pitch...
By the way,where is that pitch which was used for NZ SL match..It was a good cricket pitch .It provided both the batsmen and the bowlers equal opportunities to exhibit their skills.I hope they use that one for the semi-final. :jm

Seen Sheen said:
Sanjay Manjaraker is saying exactly that this might be the last match on this pitch...
By the way,where is that pitch which was used for NZ SL match..It was a good cricket pitch .It provided both the batsmen and the bowlers equal opportunities to exhibit their skills.I hope they use that one for the semi-final. :jm

There are only two pitches at Wanderers. This is the same as NZ-SL match. I think the first pitch was the one Pak-WI played. They play three games on each pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back