England v New Zealand | CT 2009 | Johannesburg| 29/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood to bowl. 97 wickets for him in ODIs. NZ need 72 more runs to win.

Wassixpakistani said:
My fear of Nz has risen a bit .

a bit! i am shouting this out loud now!! sri lanka on these tracks are an easier opposition for pakistan then new zealand!!!!

IMMY69 said:
a bit! i am shouting this out loud now!! sri lanka on these tracks are an easier opposition for pakistan then new zealand!!!!
If our bowler swing the ball as well as our spinner turn the ball I think NZ is much better than SL because SL knows how to play swing and spin. Whereas NZ isn't that great player of swing and spin

Mccullum ggoes for a six

Wassixpakistani said:
My fear of Nz has risen a bit .
Dont worry, they cant hit Amer and Asif and Ajmal and Afridi like this, they wont last 20 overs.

PapaBear said:
I see an Australia Pakistan final,!!!

Ditto I really want to beat them in a major tournament. We still have to take revenge for 99 WC!

IMMY69 said:

You forgot what Nuwan/Thusara did to our batting line-up in the SL series on green tracks .

Don't worry , given the Pak-Nz semi-final record . I would love to have them as our opponents :) .

Wassixpakistani said:
Broom has come to clean the mess Baz had made of the England bowlers .
My driveway is really drity and I fear I might have to clean it before winter

Cover Drive said:
If our bowler swing the ball as well as our spinner turn the ball I think NZ is much better than SL because SL knows how to play swing and spin. Whereas NZ isn't that great player of swing and spin

Mccullum ggoes for a six

if the track is anything like todays track and we bat first then nz's bowling will be extremely difficult to face and i can see us posting a small total. nz will then find it much much easier to chase it down...even if they bat first, i think nz's batsmen are far better at playing on these kind of wickets then both pakistan and sri lanka..sri lanka on the other hand look extremely jaded as a team and i think we could take them out on either ground!
malinga keeps getting smashed, we've always played mendis well, murali looks out of sorts and the only bowler of real potency is kalu but even he has struggled in the tourney.

Ofcourse i back pakistan to beat any opposition but given the choice i would prefer to face sri lanka. nz also have a good icc champions trophy record and the smallish tournament suits them right down to the ground!

Wassixpakistani said:
You forgot what Nuwan/Thusara did to our batting line-up in the SL series on green tracks .

Don't worry , given the Pak-Nz semi-final record . I would love to have them as our opponents :) .

sri lanka dont look upto it...they have played constant cricket over the past 4 months and look jaded...their bowling also looks out of form!

So what are the scenarios? Assuming NZ win here, who plays whom and where?

IMMY69 said:
sri lanka dont look upto it...they have played constant cricket over the past 4 months and look jaded...their bowling also looks out of form!

No point in arguing that now , They are almost out of the tourny coutesy of Nz .

gollumbird said:
So what are the scenarios? Assuming NZ win here, who plays whom and where?
If Pakistan top there group then they will play England ad if they are second in there group then they will play new Zealand

So does NZ have a chance of finishing first in the group if they chase this down fast enough ?

IMMY69 said:
if the track is anything like todays track and we bat first then nz's bowling will be extremely difficult to face and i can see us posting a small total. nz will then find it much much easier to chase it down...even if they bat first, i think nz's batsmen are far better at playing on these kind of wickets then both pakistan and sri lanka..sri lanka on the other hand look extremely jaded as a team and i think we could take them out on either ground!
malinga keeps getting smashed, we've always played mendis well, murali looks out of sorts and the only bowler of real potency is kalu but even he has struggled in the tourney.

Ofcourse i back pakistan to beat any opposition but given the choice i would prefer to face sri lanka. nz also have a good icc champions trophy record and the smallish tournament suits them right down to the ground!
Agree with you. Except Bond nZ don't have a good bowling line up

Cover Drive said:
If Pakistan top there group then they will play England ad if they are second in there group then they will play new Zealand

OK, not bad. But can't take anything lightly. If everything goes to plan, we should meet the Aussies in the finals.

kashif77 said:
So does NZ have a chance of finishing first in the group if they chase this down fast enough ?
If they chase before 40 odd overs (not quite sure Afridi_Fan had told me previously I think it was 44.3)

gollumbird said:
Ditto I really want to beat them in a major tournament. We still have to take revenge for 99 WC!
We have beaten Australia in major tournaments just as much as they have beaten us

1975: Australia win
1979: Pakistan win
1987: Australia win
1992: Pakistan win
1999: 1 win each
2003: Aus win
2007: Pakistan win

4-4 by my count.

what if England wins against Australia 9if they play)? They won against them in last odi, avoiding 7-0 whiteawash

Blitz said:
We have beaten Australia in major tournaments just as much as they have beaten us

1975: Australia win
1979: Pakistan win
1987: Australia win
1992: Pakistan win
1999: 1 win each
2003: Aus win
2007: Pakistan win

4-4 by my count.

Can't get over 1999 WC final all the same!

Afridi_Fan said:
India will be playing on the same pitch :)))

Windies got some tricky bowlers. Should be an interesting game to watch.

Last edited:
cricketpassion said:
Common windies
Remember the last pool match India played in T-20 world cup, I believe they lost it, becasue they were going home anyways.

Manjrekar talking about India chances, seeking some attention, he knows this is the last chance to mention India in CT, after tomorrow India's name wont be mentioned except on PP forums for the sole purpose of evil satisfaction. :))

Looks like Eng wants to loose this game so they play their semi at Centurion. Kiwis have really shown everyone how to bat on this surface.

Pak will have to bowl first. Looks like the early moister helps seamers then the pitch starts easing up. Obviously, the best option is to beat Aus (or rain draw) and play at Centurion against Eng.

PapaBear said:
Remember the last pool match India played in T-20 world cup, I believe they lost it, becasue they were going home anyways.

In last T20 world during that match i was at lords sitting between indian fans and supportig windies

sali said:
Looks like Eng wants to loose this game so they play their semi at Centurion. Kiwis have really shown everyone how to bat on this surface.

Pak will have to bowl first. Looks like the early moister helps seamers then the pitch starts easing up. Obviously, the best option is to beat Aus (or rain draw) and play at Centurion against Eng.
Pak would top the Group inshallah and play at Centurion, one good reason why they should beat Australia.

cricketpassion said:
In last T20 world during that match i was at lords sitting between indian fans and supportig windies
So it was WI, wow! how history repeats itself, would you like to share your experience and feelings of those moments? Do you want to tell us about hanging heads and other body language?

Last edited:
A sharp short ball gets the 4th NZ wicket.

118-4 now

NZ need 21 more runs to qualify

Broad gets another, Hopkins out

130-5 but NZ now need only 9 more to qualify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back