Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st Test - Day 2 | Dunedin | 25/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Theres your summary of Day 1.

Could have been a lot better had we held onto our catches & that nagging late partnership

Any thing over 320 and NZ will be in the box-seat....and Pak batting under pressure.
Play starts in an hour (23:00 GMT)

Good luck Pakistan :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Hope Pakistan pick up some quick wickets before I go to sleep.

We should get NZ for about 330.. Anything in excess of 350 can pose serious problems given our fragile batting line-up.

350 would be the absolute max, any thing above that we will stand to have less than 50% of winning the match in 4th innings. 315 would give us one step ahead. 320-340 would probaby make it break-even i think. Need to remove Vetoria early as he scores fast and then wrap up the tail, i think MOYO took the new ball too early when Ajmal was bowling well with the old one yesterday.

Pakistan should try not to get NZ out before first hour is over. It will give them enough time to see how pitch will behave for next 3-4 hours which will be very cruical other than coming back from lunch and losing wicket in the first or second over

The pitch is really really small. i reckon even mishits could go for boundaries. 350 may be the par score.

But Guptill added 40 runs after being dropped, and so far Vettori has added 40 runs aswell. Costly.

jatt799 said:
stupid **** drop catch cost us.catches win matches

Tell that to the Pakistani players. More importantly, the bloody coach. I think one of the commentators was saying that yesterday he saw them practicing slip catches and it was club standard. :inti

Farhat should be punished like a third grader. He dropped two catches, and both players went on to score crucial runs. Kiwiws woul dhave been out by now had it not been for farhat.

And I dont udnerstand why is he out main slip catcher.

waqar_ahmad said:
Farhat should be punished like a third grader. He dropped two catches, and both players went on to score crucial runs. Kiwiws woul dhave been out by now had it not been for farhat.

And I dont udnerstand why is he out main slip catcher.

It was him?! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

He did the same at Lords in the first test against England in 2006....dropped like 3 EASY EASY EASY slip catches, cost us from bowling England (first innings, first day) for literally like 120ish!

Mohsin said:
It was him?! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

He did the same at Lords in the first test against England in 2006....dropped like 3 EASY EASY EASY slip catches, cost us from bowling England (first innings, first day) for literally like 120ish!

Don't forget his pathetic catching performance in the 2004 home series versus India...probably cost us the series loss there...

waqar_ahmad said:
how come the coverage hasnt started yet

Because Zee Cinema only join the coverage just as the bowler starts his run up - another 2 secs last night & they would have missed the 1st ball wicket!

Oxy said:
Because Zee Cinema only join the coverage just as the bowler starts his run up - another 2 secs last night & they would have missed the 1st ball wicket!
haha o dear!

I was watching on ten sports. Are they doing the same? I started watching after the first over

Commentator just said that there was controversy with McCullums decision reversal last night and the complete evidence was withheld...

Really really need a quick wicket. Want to keep them under 325!

Runs aahista aahista bhartey huye aur mera haath Imran Farhat key liye chithar per jata hua

These NZ players have a very solid technique, really impressed with McCulum and Vetori. The way they use their feet to get forward is a lesson for our batsmen.

Zee Cinema not working for me (on cable in UK) - just me?

Damn - my cable is knackered. Oh well, early night it is...

Aamer or Asif should bowl Vettori short pitched deliveries. I say aim at his helmet or shoulder

I would really like to watch us bat, so please get everyone out before lunch + 1/2 thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back