Pakistan v New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Karachi | 11 January 2023 | New Zealand innings

Under Majed our fielding is becoming supreme. He needs at least 5 years extension with double salary and other facilities.

Wasim is a very down to earth waziri he doesn’t show any anger after dropped catches off of his bowling but he got a little ticked after that mid field single. He is a genuine wicket taker you can’t just destroy his confidence like that

It was good that Babar made change when he did from spinners as NZ were quite comfortable against them. He needs to keep changing and try Haris or Naseem again, donot just leave thwm for last 10 overs.

After a win the first match and an early wicket today, the intensity has dropped and there's been a litany of fielding errors.

These guys need someone constantly keeping them on their toes otherwise they get too casual.

This phainty will be good for Pak bowlers in the long run, theyr still bowling in t20 mode thinking they can get wicket every ball.

This phainty will be good for Pak bowlers in the long run, theyr still bowling in t20 mode thinking they can get wicket every ball.

This is no phainty when the fielding is crap and the umpiring plus no replays shown on that lbw against Conway this is flat pancake any other team would have had 200 plus by now

Batting as well...we okay to chase 250 to 270 scores but can we chase targets greater than that especially the ones that are 300 plus?

Have always maintained that Wasim Jr is a perfect hit-me bowler and most times will be expensive. He may have a repeatable action which is good but he lacks consistency and tries glory balls too often, only to get spanked at that pace.

Pakistan need a fully fit Shaheen, Rauf, Shadab and Naseem to lead the bowling at the world cup if they are to stand any decent chance of winning.

Have always maintained that Wasim Jr is a perfect hit-me bowler and most times will be expensive. He may have a repeatable action which is good but he lacks consistency and tries glory balls too often, only to get spanked at that pace.

Pakistan need a fully fit Shaheen, Rauf, Shadab and Naseem to lead the bowling at the world cup if they are to stand any decent chance of winning.

Wasim is better than rauf the guy got two wickets if not for dropped catches. Got fin Allen last match who was going crazy. He is genuine wicket taker and amazing death Yorker bowler you’re being extremely harsh

Looks like Pak wants to make more of a match this time and being more charitable.

Whilst Wasim J is nothing special in longer formats it is unfair to blame him on this dead pitch. He bowled well last match.

Last edited:
Easy pickings from Naseem with his line. Come on lad, concentrate!

Ridiculous boundary sizes. That chip by Williamson went to that midwinter boundary where the boundary size had been reduced massively. Looks horrible.

Ridiculous boundary sizes. That chip by Williamson went to that midwinter boundary where the boundary size had been reduced massively. Looks horrible.

Yeah that’s true it looks so very ugly this is international cricket are players such losers can’t hit 80 metre fours

Reverse and Naseem becomes extremely dangerous.

Much more so than even Wasim because Naseem's swing is late.

The guy that would be the 39th best bowler in India strikes again!

Mitchell > Phillips > Bracewell.

Would be tempted to promote Phillips or Bracewell but Mitchell might need a over or two to get going, so might be better keeping as is.

I won’t be surprised if Newzeland barely get 300 just they don’t go to well after their top three are done

Much needed wicket. NZ should still get 330 here.

Two dropped catches off of his bowling changed the game last match if that’s garbage I’ll take it anyday

It’s not just this game or him being unlucky with the drop catches. He plus as an all rounder and is a genuine no 10 and his bowling is average at best.

I won’t be surprised if Newzeland barely get 300 just they don’t go to well after their top three are done

If Naseem is truely into his zone he can get through them quickly now that it's reversing but he will need support. From Haris and Wasim.

Nah, when we platform we usually cash in.

Plenty of batting to come, would have to collapse on a flat wicket to not get 300.

It’s not just this game or him being unlucky with the drop catches. He plus as an all rounder and is a genuine no 10 and his bowling is average at best.

Please don’t call him an all rounder he is a disgrace to that word he cannot hold a bat to save his life. I wouldn’t even bat him at number 12 he only has one paddle scoop shot which he can’t even play that just shows you his batting skill. But he is more than average with the ball give him some more time he is doing very well at the moment I don’t know any one else I’d pick as our 4th seamer in Pakistan right now

If Mitchell, Phillips and Bracewell show up, we should get 350+.

The regional racism from waqar is ridiculous cant appreciate Naseem. Last match as well “the ball Naseem is bowling from has more reverse swing” same thing again how on earth does that even make sense ? He just wants Punjabi bowlers to succeed like come on man I could never bear him as a coach destroyed our cricket during his multiple tenures and now this **.

Class is Class. well done Rizwan [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION]

If it wasn’t for those dropped catches and that ridiculous lbw which wasn’t given or even a replayed shown it was a great review by Rizwan technology is effed Newzeland would have made the exact same score as the last match. Regardless of the pitch kiwis don’t do well against us or anyone tbh after their top three are gone

Kiwis have good RR, but can still be 270 all out.

I don’t understand how kiwis are number one they are a ordinary odi team outside of Newzeland

Complete trolling by hawk eye. How was the impact inline and how did that not hit middle stump.

Who made this guy the umpire he is ridiculous he is hell bent on giving nothing out for Pakistan does he want to please ICC to get more games what is this umpire on

Pakistan is back in the game. Excellent review by Rizwan [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION]

If it wasn’t for those dropped catches and that ridiculous lbw which wasn’t given or even a replayed shown it was a great review by Rizwan technology is effed Newzeland would have made the exact same score as the last match. Regardless of the pitch kiwis don’t do well against us or anyone tbh after their top three are gone
You can't suddenly make up for your lack of ability magically. Pakistan dropping catches is expected because they aren't one of the top fielding sides which takes 90-95% of their catches.

You can make that excuse for us and Australia who are two of the best fielding teams in the world. Not Pakistan who are known to drop 1-2 chances a match and are in the middle of the pack.

Last edited:
Back