Pakistan v South Africa | 1st Test | Dubai | 14/11/10 | Day 3: Session 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ

Hall of Famer
Runs
RSA with a big lead, and nine wickets in hand.

Pakistan really behind the 8 ball here.

Pakistan need Ashocka to play a big role to save this match.

We're screwed. All that remains is the batsmen to get some runs in our 2nd innings, I reckon we'd have a second inning target of about 400-500 runs.

we need to dry up the runs, not alot in this track to buy a wicket and we are a bowler short too

We're screwed. All that remains is the batsmen to get some runs in our 2nd innings, I reckon we'd have a second inning target of about 400-500 runs.

lol they have 150 in bag? so you think they will only score 250 more?

we will have some 550-600 to chase .. as pak will be all out again in less then an session.

lol they have 150 in bag? so you think they will only score 250 more?

we will have some 550-600 to chase .. as pak will be all out again in less then an session.

Arrey bhai, am going by the thinking ke they'd know anything over 300 is more than enough for us :p

we need to do what SA did the other day in evening session, choke the flow of runs. That is teh only option we have. The wicket is getting slower but still no signs of deteriation, this looks like the track we had in 3rd Test against SL

This team has defied even my low standards ! What will it take a Pak team to cross 400 in ANY innings?

Pakistan are doomed to defeat, there is no way they can get out of this hole now.

approximately 213 overs left in the game. I predict we'll have to bat about 140+ odd overs in the final innings...and that ain't happening :(

Basically our only way out is to take 9 wickets for 20 runs and hope we can chase 200 odd (40% chance).

SA will probably bat 2 and a half sessions leaving us 4+ sessions to bat on a mostly day 5 pitch to chase around 400-450. We are not going to survive for 4 sessions.

South Africa giving us a lesson in how to work the field for singles.

Obviously won't take any notice of this though.

Pakistan relying on Ashocka far too much. From Cricinfo:

20.6 Abdur Rehman to Smith, no run, they are appealing for everything now, it was down the legside and Graeme missed out on the glance, keeper takes it and they go up in unison, Asoka calmly hands the hat back to Rehman

Pakistan need to have S.A atleast 4 wickets down by close of play to still have a minor chance in this match!

S.A 67/1

So South Africans will give us a target around 400....Can we CHASE?is a big question....

So is Pak cricket officially ... dead? I mean what do we have left in our reserve tank?

We're not professional enough to play test cricket. It's shameful that a team like Bangladesh has a better coaching set up than we do.

We've got enough talent to win the odd ODI on the back of individual brilliance though. That's enough to keep the masses happy I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back