Pakistan v South Africa l 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 10/15/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Bell is averaging under 45 in 2013 yet some posters will have you believe that his average would put Bradman to shame.

He also has 4 tons in hist last 6 Tests.

Do you remember Misbah's last hundred?

He looked a tailender early on. He is getting better now and bats positively.

when did he bat positively? in domestics? or in a match against Chairman PCB or Pakistan Blue/Green?

He came in as a tailender. he is still proving as a one. and I don't expect him to become atleast a Luke Ronchi in near future.

when did he bat positively? in domestics? or in a match against Chairman PCB or Pakistan Blue/Green?

He came in as a tailender. he is still proving as a one. and I don't expect him to become atleast a Luke Ronchi in near future.

Against Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka.

Took UAE to the cleaners :akhtar

And don't ask negative questions :dav

19 overs left after this. No hope of wiping the deficit out today with Misbah on the crease, unless Manzoor can get past his 100 soon and get a flurry of boundaries.

He also has 4 tons in hist last 6 Tests.

Do you remember Misbah's last hundred?

Misbah is a support batsman who has been doing his job to perfection. Why drag Misbah into this though, I haven't said that he is better than Bell, even if he is.

My point was that Bell is nowhere near as good as Sanga, Younis, the South African quartet, Clarke, Cook, KP and a few others.

Your English obsession will probably not realize this though.

19 overs left after this. No hope of wiping the deficit out today with Misbah on the crease, unless Manzoor can get past his 100 soon and get a flurry of boundaries.

No need for that either. Got the whole of tomorrow to bat and bat big.

Morkel in the middle of a rapid pace here - just what SA needed from MM & Philander

vrwo5z.png

Sanga has an average of 80+ this year - he will be the danger man later this year for Pakistan when the play SL

We don't need to worry about his average of 80+ this year, because in Tests his average against Pakistan is around 90 ;)

0017221269.png

* In 16 Test matches Sangakkara scored 2320 runs with an average of 89.23 against Pakistan.

* He scored 9 centuries and 8 fifties against Pakistan and his highest score against Pakistan is 230.

* 22% of his Test runs are against Pakistan and out of every 4 centuries he scored 1 is against Pakistan.

* Sanga scored 2 double hundreds against Pakistan once remain not out at 199*

Misbah is a support batsman who has been doing his job to perfection. Why drag Misbah into this though, I haven't said that he is better than Bell, even if he is.

My point was that Bell is nowhere near as good as Sanga, Younis, the South African quartet, Clarke, Cook, KP and a few others.

Your English obsession will probably not realize this though.

He outperformed all the English batsmen and Australian as well in the last Ashes.

he is in imperious form.

We don't need to worry about his average of 80+ because in Tests his average against Pakistan is around 90 ;)

0017221269.png

* In 16 Test matches Sangakkara scored 2320 runs with an average of 89.23 against Pakistan.

* He scored 9 centuries and 8 fifties against Pakistan and his highest score against Pakistan is 230.

* 22% of his Test runs are against Pakistan and out of every 4 centuries he scored 1 is against Pakistan.

* Sanga scored 2 double hundreds against Pakistan once remain not out at 199*

Haha - that's why your the Stat Guru bro ;)

Great work from Morkel, Steyn and Irfan...

Averaging 140kph in the heat of UAE is no easy job

Yup that s very very true - lets hope Irfan can mantain his fitness InshAllah!

Meanwhile great back to back sweeps for :4!

99 for Manzoor now!

Mediocreson getting the treatment he deserves. In other news, Manzoor just one short of maiden test century.

He outperformed all the English batsmen and Australian as well in the last Ashes.

he is in imperious form.

Not with an average of under 45. The batsmen in that series performed very poorly.

I genuinely thought that he was averaging atleast 70+ reading your posts.

Manzoor proved me wrong. Excellent innings from him but can these two openers finally bring some consistency at the top of the order?

Please be not out, please be not out, please be not out, please be not out, please be not out, please be not out, please be not out.

Not with an average of under 45. The batsmen in that series performed very poorly.

I genuinely thought that he was averaging atleast 70+ reading your posts.

What was his average in the Ashes? which is even more remarkable when most of the batsmen had poor series. Stop hatin'.

Anyways, back to topic.

Good that Misbah still there, lets hope KM can get his 100 here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back