Pakistan v South Africa l 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 10/15/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misbah needs to keep fighting here we need a big captaans inns

S.A will get the new ball just before close of play so we need solid batting here till end of the day

Openers seemed to play with great positive intent...must have been refreshing to see!

Well done KM maiden Test hundred and just what the team needed!

Finally. Great stuff against a great team. Even the likes of Inzamam and (the highly overrated)Yousuf found it nearly impossible to get a hundred against Australia/RSA type teams, even at home.

loving Khurram's passion. it's been ages that a Pakistani showed so much positivity and passion in a test match!

KM just looks a completely different player to the strokeless wonder who came into the side 1st time round. Hopefully that means Hafeezs test career is dead and buried as well!

Khurram Manzoor is first Pakistan opener to score a century against South Africa in ten years

Amazing to see this sort of Jazba in a 'youngster' in the team!

Phenomenal knock MashAllah and I hope he has much more to offer InshAllah!

33ualg1.png

Last edited:
PK will get to 375 i think . Is there any deterioration in the pitch ?

This is why Shan Masood has been picked!
Back in Pakistan, Masood had an excellent home season in 2012-13, scoring 543 runs at an average of 54.30.

He was dropped from team after scoring 77 against Australia in Australia and thn he worked hard and waited for 3 years for this moment.

Its always great when it pays off :)

meanwhile Misbah picks up another boundary against Peterson who has struggled today

qytwr5.png

this partnership was really key in getting the control back..now Pakistan shouldn't throw a wicket..

bro,i expect SA to bat much better in next innings . you think we will get huge spin on early day 4 ?

A good lead can put alot of pressure on their batting line even if there is still not enough turn on 4th day.

Pakistan should occupy the crease as much as they can and bat like there is no 4th innings.

Conventional sweep, paddle sweep, scoop sweep, reverse sweep - its all coming out now!

We really need to milk the next 8 overs before Steyn and Philtrundler return with the new ball.

Last 10 overs, RR = 3.90. I can almost hear the certain people praying for a Misbah failure in hushed tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back