Pakistan v South Africa l 2nd Test | Dubai | 23/10/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misbah and selectors will certainly have to answer for continued exclusion of Umar Akmal. It's getting ridiculous now. This is the reason why I wasn't getting too hyped, knew we'd be back to our true selves lol

Where is my thread titled is adnan akmal test material,? Can sine one find it for me?

LOL good one...very good one

if I understand correctly what you're saying

Unless Pakistan still wins this

Naaa soon our bros will be cursing Misbah,Younis calling to drop Kurram Manzoor and Shan Masood get rid of whatmore and all such cool threads will be up for fun and this is what we call sanity here at PP :D

Pathetic stuff this from Pakistan they are NOT coming back from this.

Misbah and selectors will certainly have to answer for continued exclusion of Umar Akmal. It's getting ridiculous now. This is the reason why I wasn't getting too hyped, knew we'd be back to our true selves lol

Yeah, like Umar alone would make a difference :facepalm:

This is a very tough pitch to bat on.

Theirs spin. Pace and bounce. Its swinging and the outfield is very slow.

200 is a winning total.

Had we had a more authoritative number 3, this wouldn't have happened... instead we built pressure on ourselves :azharali

Need a good parnership here now...I have a feeling both shafiq and adnan will score big

Azhar must be dropped, this opening pair needs to go on for another series, but azhar gtg and we need Umar Akmal

True.

Everyone has the right to play for country one lives in. If he was in Pakistan he would not have got even a chance in A team

And to be very honest rightly so he is no world beater just our batsmans are really really bad.

Pathetic stuff this from Pakistan they are NOT coming back from this.

What a pathetic comment.

How on earth can you say that after 1 session, disastrous as it has been.

At least wait till the day is over.

Yeah, like Umar alone would make a difference :facepalm:

Well it's clear that his supposed replacements haven't done a whole lot of good and his performances in other formats continually show that he is the best prospect. His non-selection is truly irritating. If you honestly believe he can't make a difference, then enjoy the current state of affairs. :))

I really didn't expect Pak to win this, at same time I didn't expect 6 down, Batting problem remains, Younis Khan fans would get mad at me but truth is he only scores when pitch is flat

:adnan once again proved what a horrible batsman he is take that :sahmed haters

Shafiq has to save face here, he's the only hope we have..

This is sad, it would of been better if Misbah had lost the toss but then again out batting.. :don

What a pathetic comment.

How on earth can you say that after 1 session, disastrous as it has been.

At least wait till the day is over.
If you know anything about cricket or SA you would know they will win from here. SA aren't England so Pakistan won't be able to knock them over for 100-150.

Wow 50-2 last time i checked, get to work and see 60-6.

I have faith though, if we can get 150 somehow :91: our bowlers have a part to play

To all those calling Pakistan team pathetic, may I remind you this pathetic team dominated SA in 1st test :p

I am not normally very critical of Misbah, but to bat first on this pitch was the wrong decision. Pakistan should not be batting first- at all.

Win 1st test.

2nd test.

Win toss. 1st day. 1st session. 25+ overs bowled. 6 batsmen gone. One boundary scored.

Yes its Pakistan. It can only be Pakistan.

Every wicket to tahir was a gift , didnt bowl even a single threatening delivery. But here we are getting out to a lame spinner.

these five days PP will have lots of threads that will most probably ask for the entire team change. kick younis,misbah,khurram,masood,asad,azhar and adnan out will be the highlights of those threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shah
Need a good parnership here now...I have a
feeling both shafiq and adnan will score big
Adnan just got bowled which game you are
watching ????

jst when i was writing this comment he got out....haha wrong prediction

No its not flat, there is swing, bounce, turn and outfield is slow, come on even waqar admitted it looks like late day 2 pitch :p

Pakistani cetain slow approach made it look like a landmine , steyn will get swing anywhere in the worl he is a class act. What about the three wickets given to tahir on horrible deliveries. There is nothing much in the pitch and you will see when sa comes onto bat.

Pakistan always keep it interesting.

Minnows to Monsters and then back to Minnows in 3 test matches.

LOL , pakistan's bowling has always been good.

The first innings batting in first test was a fluke.

Reality check for the fans :). We gifted wickets to Tahir. Khurram played a reckless shot. Steyn showed why he is the No.1 bowler in the world. Excellent bowling from him. Superb stuff.

If you know anything about cricket or SA you would know they will win from here, SA aren't England so they won't be able to knock them over for 100-150.

And how do you know Pakistan can not knock them over for that score ?
I know more than enough about cricket thanks very much and I know if its one team that can bundle another under 150 it will be Pak. SA are not that special, otherwise they would not have easily lost the last Test.
Pak are certainly on the backfoot big time right now but match is not done yet.

Pakistani cetain slow approach made it look like a landmine , steyn will get swing anywhere in the worl he is a class act. What about the three wickets given to tahir on horrible deliveries. There is nothing much in the pitch and you will see when sa comes onto bat.

I agree the pitch is flat and slow.

Not defending any wkt, mate, not a single wkt earned all due to pathetic batting, but helped by lil bit of assistance to bowling, when ball not doing anything same batting lineup scored in 1st test, or take vs England same ground 99 all out, then YK and Azhar mammoth partnership absolute road and YK delivered, same as 1st test.

As for slow approach goes, you have to give credit to tight line and slow outfield, doesn't help when u lose ur most attacking player in 1st over

That was just not test standard batting especially after winning the toss and batting first.

You have to either score or preserve wickets apparently we did neither

Quite a few unlucky dismisals.

Shan & Azhar. Maybe Misbah too.

What was unlucky abt them?

Azhar falling over as usual, misbah playing wrong line, shan not moving his feet. Not a single wkt earned all gifted by batting lineup that is simply not good enough when ball doing a lil bit

If Philander can pick up six wickets in this Test (his 18th), he will be the quickest to 100 wickets for more than 80 years. Clarrie Grimmett achieved this in 17 matches way back in 1931. Contemporary bowlers up there are Saeed Ajmal (19 tests), Steyn (20) and Mohammad Asif (20)."

R Ashwin has 92 wickets from 16 matches and he is playing his next two matches against WI. Close contest, eh?

SO i just logged on to check the score and i mean wth happened? :))) :))) :)))

Pathetic batting and we will be lucky if we get 100 here, i can S.A grinding us into dust when they bat, This will be pakistans greatest escape of all time if they escape this game without defeat.

So a guy who is struggling to get into the SA team and has hardly had a decent game for them we are making him look like a world beater.

Shafiq is our last hope, if he can guide us to 150, our bowlers may have something to work with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back