Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 2nd Test | Karachi | 19th-23rd December, 2019 | Day 1 Thread

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
Babar cant play spin, that forward defence shot was the type you play to pace, didnt try to smother the spin.
Cant play sweep shots, cant play hooks or pulls - a one trick pony!

Next time he misses a ball from a fast-bowler, you'll say he can't place pace. OK mate.

This guy will need to show lot, lot more concentration than being stumped in first over after drinks break, if he has to score a Test double ..... let alone triple.

Don't think Babar has the ability to score 300 or even 200. His scoring range is around 120-160. I am huge fan of him but the talent or concentration is not there unfortunately.

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
Babar cant play spin, that forward defence shot was the type you play to pace, didnt try to smother the spin.
Cant play sweep shots, cant play hooks or pulls - a one trick pony!

So you're saying that you eon' play the forward defence to a spinner? :)))

This guy will need to show lot, lot more concentration than being stumped in first over after drinks break, if he has to score a Test double ..... let alone triple.

Poor guy has started to score now, need to give him more time. He will learn from this.

He smashed one of the best spinners in my book during the World Cup in rashid Khan

Even Eoin Morgan smashed Rashid Khan in worldcup but got his test career ended by Ajmal.
Player have started to figure out Rashid Khan.

Haris Sohail better score a double ton here...

Or Misbah might become Pakistan's most hated personality :yk

(Azhar has already failed :yk )

Oh Misbah :facepalm:

Don't think Babar has the ability to score 300 or even 200. His scoring range is around 120-160. I am huge fan of him but the talent or concentration is not there unfortunately.

Daddy hundreds are the hallmark of great batsmen :don

Babar must learn to score them or he will be just another Akmal has been.

That was good bowling by embuldiniya , babar isnt the best against spin at the moment. There was no need to take any risk.

Now everyone can watch a technically sound batsman like shafiq play.
Haris is not going to last long, lets get our 3rd and 4th best batsman in - rizwan and yasir.

Also, Babar never said he'll score a 300. Shoaib Jatt asked him whether he thinks he can score a 300 or not and then he said that he'll try to score one.

So people really need to look at the context before talking

Misbah's selection will cost us this game for sure. Non-performer like Azhar, Shan, Abbas and out of form Haris.

You're the type of guy to call Umar Akmal Kohli 2.0 but you hate Babar like you have a problem issue with him.

Did he refuse to give you an autograph or a selfie?
I have never called umar kohli 2.0
Umar was miles ahead of kohli at age 20, then got dropped from tests by misbah and never picked again. Destroyed the best young Pakistani batsman i have ever seen in my life!

And thats how you play a sweep shot, good boy shafiq, it pays to have more than one shot!

Abdullah719 humiliated you a few weeks ago by showing the different type of shots Babar plays. He even gave you video evidence to back it up but still you don't understand SMH.

Why do you want to get humiliated again?

Babar does have a sweep shot. I have seen him play but he just prefers not too. Maybe he should pull it out especially in these conditions.
Playing a shot and having a shot are two different things.
Anyone can play a shot but to be able to execute it in a match is a different thing.

Went to first day of this Karachi text match scorecard they just showed

Boy did Sohail Khan get a debut beating of
Lifetime

Abdullah719 humiliated you a few weeks ago by showing the different type of shots Babar plays. He even gave you video evidence to back it up but still you don't understand SMH.

And i have shown contrary evidence in todays match!

If these two can play still the end of day and get the total to 270-290, It will be Pakistan’s day.

I was watching highlights of pak vs aus 2011 world cup match. Umar Akmal looked incredible and finished the match with lots of maturity. He will always be Pakistan's biggest tragedy.

Haris needs to rotate the strike here. A home coming 100 needed from Asad

Daddy hundreds are the hallmark of great batsmen :don

Babar must learn to score them or he will be just another Akmal has been.

That won't happen in a few days, he needs time.
Not even virat kohli was this successful at 25 tests, even he took years to develop into one of the best test batsmen in the world.

Babar will slowly, but surely get his average up and score those big hundreds and double hundreds

Shafiq is tecnically the best bat in Pakistan's test side. People say he is timid, but if he was in a better batting line up, i think you would see what he could really achieve.

So you're saying he has a better technique than Babar?

So he plays fast bowling better than Babar??

What world are you living in??

You need to take it a bit easy. If you are supporting Babar, you don't need to say much. Babar will respond by his bat.

Babar is not there yet as oneof the best test batsmen currently
In tests u need to bat and bat and bat.
I would love it if his strike rate gets slightly lower

Whats wrong there?
Shafiq is technically best in current Pakistan team, that doesn't mean he is better than Babar.

Shafiq has an allround better technique than babar. Shafiq has more shots and can play on both sides of the ground. Babar has quick hands, which helps him against the quicks and plays predominantly on the off side. He lacks quite a few shots like hooks and sweeps, but has the best cover drive(as good as kohli) in the world.

74 matches that babar has played so far he is ahead of kohli. so babar is better?

Looking at quantity yes. But if you consider the quality(match winning) of runs then kohli is ahead. Kohli is once in a generation player. He is the best one day batsman ever. Babar will never be like him. I think no one will. But it will not make babar a lesser player if he is not able to reach the level of the best ever. He still will be one of the best and possibly best pakistani batsman.

Shafiq has an allround better technique than babar. Shafiq has more shots and can play on both sides of the ground. Babar has quick hands, which helps him against the quicks and plays predominantly on the off side. He lacks quite a few shots like hooks and sweeps, but has the best cover drive(as good as kohli) in the world.

I think at the end of the day runs count the most.
Babar himself has said kohli's cover drive is better as he plays it more on the front foot and closer to the body.

Looking at quantity yes. But if you consider the quality(match winning) of runs then kohli is ahead. Kohli is once in a generation player. He is the best one day batsman ever. Babar will never be like him. I think no one will. But it will not make babar a lesser player if he is not able to reach the level of the best ever. He still will be one of the best and possibly best pakistani batsman.

exactly my point.

Misbah will be bashed non stop

Should have selected Fawad in Australia and shut up the media. Not the smartest person

Now everyone can watch a technically sound batsman like shafiq play.
Haris is not going to last long, lets get our 3rd and 4th best batsman in - rizwan and yasir.

[MENTION=149383]Ronaldo7[/MENTION]

Haris out!

Yet some people have the audacity to question my cricketing knowledge lol!😅

Back