Pakistan vs Australia | 2nd ODI | Sharjah | Mar 24, 2019 | Pakistan Innings

Excellent innings from Rizwan, didnt do anything silly at the start. Settled himself in and now pushing it further.

Should really get 300 from here but I fear it won’t be enough.

Looks like the 10 (25) crowd has cowered. Sarfaraz bhakhts are also licking their wounds behind closed doors.

Finch’s match stats ruined by Rizwan in that very over. Umar Akmal neess to learn that if you have the ability and you are settled in than you can taget and up the anti whenever you want

Malik playing well is a worrying ahead of the world cup. He could yet find a way into the line-up.

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] looks like Rizo has defintitely Improved his soin playing ability.

When was the last time sarfraz scored a score 80+ in odi, this is only Rizwans 3rd or 4th inning after comeback, don't forget hes also a very good keeper

your honest comment on Rizo?

He is decent for our pathetic standards and a better player than our legendary captain. He deserves a long rope based on his success for the A team. I am happy to see him grab the opportunity.

He is no de Kock, Buttler or Bairstow, but I will gladly take him over Sarfaraz.

One of the best innings I have seen from a Pak middle order batsman in recent times and that too under tremendous pressure. Kudoa to Rizwan

When was the last time sarfraz scored a score 80+ in odi, this is only Rizwans 3rd or 4th inning after comeback, don't forget hes also a very good keeper

He is selfless and sacrificed himself by batting down the order for the betterment of the team.

There you go - the standard excuse of his fans to justify his awful performances.

Remember when Bakhts told us no one in the country could outperform his run a ball 30s :))

One of the best innings I have seen from a Pak middle order batsman in recent times and that too under tremendous pressure. Kudoa to Rizwan

Rizzo has always been a clutch batsman. I remember atleast 2 domestic tournaments which i watched and the recent A series (which i couldnt watch) where he played clutch innings after clutch innings.

How are we going to defend any total with Yasir as our main spinner. Imad is good for containing runs but he needs a proper partner

his injury had nothing to do with the outfield but you couldn't miss an opportunity to criticize.

You have genius in your name. So here's a genius idea , don't read my posts if you don't like them. I'm not here to play positive police.

Rizwan needs to convert this into a 150. Our players need to develop the temperament and fitness for massive scores once they are set. They need to learn from Sarfaraz.

Rizzo has always been a clutch batsman. I remember atleast 2 domestic tournaments which i watched and the recent A series (which i couldnt watch) where he played clutch innings after clutch innings.

Exactly. I saw him the pentangular one day cup 3/4 years where he scored couple of match defining centuries. Babar also created the impact for selection from that tournument.

Rizwan also had a good series in England when he was playing as a batsmen. Question is do we really need Sarfraz's captaincy. I would rather Malik and Sarfraz out and Hafeez as captain and batting at 5

Babar normally bat at #3.

Imam has played a handful of ODIs, doesn't need to be rested.
Shan has been on the bench for a while and deserves a go.
Haris is the only one in this squad who is a capable batsman for #3.

This is just a test lineup anyway, everyone knows Babar will be back in the top 3. Don't see what the issue is.

I am aware Babar bats at 3 and he will bat there in the future.

Imam is going to the WC regardless of what he does in this series. So why not play Abid so we can see what he can do? Playing 3 lefties means bowlers don't need to make any adjustments and they can ease into a spell.

In a test line up, no team will play 3 lefties in the top 3 .

Hopefully Rizwan can maintain his concentration as he is definitely fit enough to go till the very end of the innings without sacrificing any singles or doubles

Rizwan's innings has been very impressive but that doesn't mean we should ignore his countless failures in ODI cricket until today (putting minnow bashing aside).

That's not a defence of Sarfraz, but Sarfraz's failures shouldn't excuse Rizwan's either.

lmao 150, pehlai 100 to karne do.

You have to aim high. How often do Pakistani batsmen go from 80 to 150 with 15 overs to go? Rizwan has the opportunity to do something special here. Let’s if he has what it takes.

Exactly. I saw him the pentangular one day cup 3/4 years where he scored couple of match defining centuries. Babar also created the impact for selection from that tournument.

There was a t20 tournament too in which he played few clutch innings for Peshawar including the final and in the end Peshawar won the tournament.

Realistically speaking we have a problem now as all of our batsmen seem to be good batting in middle order.

It looks like 4 out of these 6 will make WC squad
Haris
Babar
Umar
Malik
Hafeez
Rizwan

if I had a choice i will take among these 6.
Haris
Babar
Rizwan
Umar

Hafeez will choke and i m not looking much into his few good innings and all round abilities. I have seen him for 200 matches now to know he is ordinary.

Last edited:
The highlight of this innings for me was that after scoring his 50, Rizwan didn’t take his helmet off, perform multiple sajdas and did a victory lap around the ground.

I am always suspicious of Pakistani batsmen who celebrate their half-centuries like triple-hundreds. Umar Akmal is a notable example.

Rizwan playing an exceptional knock, like other PPers its a breathe of fresh air and really welcoming. Really didn't expect this from him.

Rizwan playing an exceptional knock, like other PPers its a breathe of fresh air and really welcoming. Really didn't expect this from him.

True hope he can keep this good form going.... only reason we are touching distance from 300 is because nephew got out early

Key thing is Rizwan has scored at a decent middle over strike rate and it was 4 down for 100sh so alot of pressure. This defines a player.

Some posters taking cheap shots on others and for them its always all about scoring point over others.

Makes the threads like machli bazaar where we cant do proper constructive discussion.

I am a big fan of Sarfraz and I am happy that Rizzo is scoring runs as i know he is clutch and can help Pakistan in future. Why cant we appreciate players even if they are rivals of our fav player?

I am aware Babar bats at 3 and he will bat there in the future.

Imam is going to the WC regardless of what he does in this series. So why not play Abid so we can see what he can do? Playing 3 lefties means bowlers don't need to make any adjustments and they can ease into a spell.

In a test line up, no team will play 3 lefties in the top 3 .

I would like to see what Abid offers but Imam will be playing at the World Cup and he's only played 22 ODIs, a few more will do him good. It's an understandable decision.

Some posters taking cheap shots on others and for them its always all about scoring point over others.

Makes the threads like machli bazaar where we cant do proper constructive discussion.

I am a big fan of Sarfraz and I am happy that Rizzo is scoring runs as i know he is clutch and can help Pakistan in future. Why cant we appreciate players even if they are rivals of our fav player?

Big reapect for you to not be like some others who dont appreciate anything from player they once wrote off because that would make them look wrong.

I would like to see what Abid offers but Imam will be playing at the World Cup and he's only played 22 ODIs, a few more will do him good. It's an understandable decision.

Imam has failed in 2 games in a row. Need to try Abid out. I don't know a lot about him to be honest.

Good SR by Riz... needs to up it to 100 by the time his innings ends

Fakhar
Imam
Babar
Sarfaraz

These 4 are certainties. Final positions between Rizwan,Malik,Hafeez,Umar,and Haris.

Power game of Pakistan is non existent... Chotay chotay, marial say, cannot hit. Mal nutrition in the country is on display 🤬🤬🤬

Australia are playing two proper spinners and also chipping in with a couple of part-timers and on the other hand we have one psuedo spinner (Imad) and one absolute dud in LOI (Yasir)

Riz I can understand is playing cautious since he is nearing a ton, but Malik is also just doing single double :facepalm:

Power game of Pakistan is non existent... Chotay chotay, marial say, cannot hit. Mal nutrition in the country is on display ������

These bouandires aren't big. You don't need power to clear them. It's about hitting the ball into gaps.

I don't think so they will score 300 because they don't have the ability to accelerate at the end.

Big reapect for you to not be like some others who dont appreciate anything from player they once wrote off because that would make them look wrong.

Actually i have never dismissed Rizwan as rubbish if you see my old posts. T20s are not the game to judge players like Rizwan and Haris Sohail. Plus main thing why i support Sarfraz is because i think as a captain he is a notch above every other player in Pakistan and Pakistan can become a better team under him & he has done well with limited resources (Mickey and Inzi have done actually done worse than him in their respective roles). I still hold the same opinion that he should lead us but if in future we found some other v.good captain and a better wicket-keeper batsman than Sarfraz then i would not be dissapointed if Sarfraz is replaced.

We need Klusener to play a blinder today...

Don’t understand why they not taking that risk to reach a match winning total, instead it seems they are content on a average score of 280.

Need to target Stonis. I don't think he will bowling at the end of the innings during the WC.

Lol quite funny seeing Allan Border of all people holding onto that teacup for dear life.

Back