Pakistan vs Australia | 2nd ODI | Sharjah | Mar 24, 2019 | Pakistan Innings

LOL beautiful to see Faheem blocking and comfortably playing dots when you need sixes. Man..... never thought I'd say this but I miss Afridi at this point. Disgraceful and DISGUSTING stuff.

Going to be another poor total. The game has evolved so much with teams scoring 300 plus at ease. Pak still stuck in the 90s

Needed Imad here. Can’t afford dot balls now.

Another 280 type target but this time Australia will win even big with more than 5-8 over loosing 1-2 wickets.

LOL beautiful to see Faheem blocking and comfortably playing dots when you need sixes. Man..... never thought I'd say this but I miss Afridi at this point. Disgraceful and DISGUSTING stuff.

Razzak is the one we miss. Afridi would come off 1 in 10

Pakistan has very poor batting standards. Not even no 6 level, more like no 10 level team. 🙄🙄🙄

WHY in the world have you sent in Faheem when you have Imad?!?!?! PATHETIC stuff to say the least.

Imad has already proved himself with the bat. The point is to give Faheem as many opportunities as they can to prove himself.

Same reason why out of form Rizwan was sent at 4 today.

Imad batting has been more reliable than Faheems recently. Would rather have seen him come in.

Yet again it is proved: Pak batting is all about Fakhar, Babar against top countries.

We need them to fire in order to be able to win something.

Faheem Pandya edging it!

LOL this guy isn't fit to tie Pandya's shoes when it comes to big hitting. Pandya is an absolute monster.

Rizwan might to pull double duty now, get singles and twos but also getting boundaries.

This is hilarious, Aussie bowling spin in last 5 overs and Pak batsmen including a set batsman still tuk tuking.

Why sending Fahim ahead of Imad. This guy should bat even after Yasir.
Fahims batting is as bad as Mohinder Singh of India.

Imad has already proved himself with the bat. The point is to give Faheem as many opportunities as they can to prove himself.

Same reason why out of form Rizwan was sent at 4 today.

Yes, makes sense. Priority here should be to test bench strength but also to win games. I see your point of view though.

Riz hasn't hit a boundary in the last 42 balls he has faced

I’m actually fuming this is so frustrating, WHY THE HELL IS FAHEEM BLOCKING IT WITH 5 overs left. MALIK too when he was playing all he wanted was singles.

Thing with Rizwan is he can’t play the stand and deliver power shots

Power-hitting is a luxury for a mediocre team like ours. The fact that we scored around 280 odd in consecutive matches against a very good attack should be considered a positive sign.

If the opposition chases this down again without much fuss, you have to ask questions of our bowling attack, which has been overrated for many years now.

His foot was literally laying on the rope...You can see it on his face too

Power-hitting is a luxury for a mediocre team like ours. The fact that we scored around 280 odd in consecutive matches against a very good attack should be considered a positive sign.

If the opposition chases this down again without much fuss, you have to ask questions of our bowling attack, which has been overrated for many years now.

I see what you mean but I think we haven’t reached looked to reach 300 based on poor tactical decision rather than ability. With imad in good form I feel they should have went harder 5 overs earlier.

The difference between a mediocre team like Pakistan and top-class team like India is situational awareness.

Our batsmen do not understand anything at all.Cannot take singles, cannot go big. Mediocre team.

Richardson suffers dislocated shoulder
Paceman ruled out of remainder of second ODI after awkward outfield landing

Australia have copped a major injury blow in the second one-dayer against Pakistan after Jhye Richardson dislocated his right shoulder while fielding at Sharjah.

Richardson will play no further part in the match and his involvement in the rest of five-game ODI series would appear to be in question.

The paceman immediately signaled for medical attention after landing awkwardly on his bowling arm in an athletic attempt to stop a boundary during the 11th over of Pakistan's innings.

He was helped off the field by medical staff and was later seen sitting in the team dugout with a brace on his arm.

Australia are yet to make a firm assessment on how badly damaged the shoulder is, with the speedster likely forming a key part of Australia’s World Cup and Ashes campaigns if fit.

Richardson had done the early damage for Australia with the ball, striking twice with the new ball to leave Pakistan reeling at 2-35.

He removed Imam-ul-Haq for a duck with the fifth ball of the game with one that swung back in and bowled him off the inside edge, before Shan Masood chipped an easy catch to midwicket.

Richardson has had a breakthrough summer at international level, making his Test debut in January while pushing himself towards a World Cup berth with a series of impressive ODI bowling performances.

The 22-year-old has stood up with the big three of Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins all missing games in the lead-in to the showpiece event to be held in the United Kingdom this year.

He’s Australia’s leading wicket taker in ODI cricket this year with 17 wickets at 21.23 and has impressed teammates with his eager-to-learn attitude.

“He's a confident young kid, the amount he's improved - his consistency has been a lot better over the last little while,” skipper Aaron Finch said ahead of the first ODI.

“Being in and around the Australian side for quite a few months now … he seems to have taken everything in his stride.

“He's someone who is always asking questions, always learning. Especially for a young kid - not all young kids are willing to learn as quickly as he is.

“A lot of people sit back and wait for things to be given to them. He's someone who actively seeks out batsmen to talk about his bowling.”

Should Richardson be forced to miss the remaining three matches against Pakistan in the UAE, it could pave the way for Cummins to return after he was rested from the opening two games.

Fellow quicks Kane Richardson and Jason Behrendorff would also be in the mix.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/jhy...-australia-pakistan-odi-highlights/2019-03-24

even I can hit better than fahim and I am below average gully cricket hitter,,, shameless

Also how can an umpire decide its a soft “out” in this situation?
Has he got telescopic eyes?

Faheem is pathetic as a batsman and his bowling isn't good enough to give him a place in the team. Drop him. Wonderful to see his real worth.

Back