Pakistan vs England | 18/2/2011 | Warm-up Game | Fatullah | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are your thoughts on U Akmal, I bet if you give assurance to Asad that he will play the whole world cup irrespective of how he performs in a single match, he will perform much better than U Akmal, unfortunately here at PP Younis and Asad haters are too much and U Akmal has been loved one since he started his career.
I guess shafiq plays slowly and throws his wickets away, whereas U Akmal tries to hit out and throws his wicket away. Both are not reliable, but U Akmal if he is on song can destroy an opposition team (only problem is it doesn't happen regularly enough).

Although Afridi and Razzaq probably won't bad today, I think this would be an ideal opportunity to practice their late order hitting under pressure. I'll be disappointed if Afridi doesn't realise this.

asad shafique ne 35 genda peetya ne...........rr wadda ditta a nikammey ne......kick him out n actor as well

Janaab its his first game, n for young player to playing in massive tournament as WC, he needed to play with great care n take his time to score runs n impress coach n captain, unfortunetly it didn paid off n strike rate is up..But he shouldn b kicked out,,N im sure Afridi will play him in next game...

Shahzad goes now ... both senior batsmen at the crease. These two should enjoy batting together.

If these two can take it till the 40th over, with 100 or so needed, that should set it up nicely for Afridi and Razzaq. Having seen how the poms have bowled in the dying overs in Oz, Pak are definately still in this game.

:afridi & :razzaq are not playing.....

20 overs left, 142 to win, but half of batsman gone. T20 is on, younis is in. get ready for a fun cricket :yk

Well already 7 different bats have played and 132 runs on the board with one 50, well things aren't so rosy after all for the wc.

meanwhile i completed 8000 runs on PP ..with healthy SR ...:D

Bohoth bohoth mubarak ho!

cth3.jpg

according to cricinfo, Razzaq and afridi can both still bat.

I guess shafiq plays slowly and throws his wickets away, whereas U Akmal tries to hit out and throws his wicket away. Both are not reliable, but U Akmal if he is on song can destroy an opposition team (only problem is it doesn't happen regularly enough).

The thing is that whenever Shafiq plays he is under pressure cause he knows that his place is not assured also Shafiq has batted in like 5 different positions in his ODI career so to judge him properly we need to give him a consistent run in one position like we did with Umer Akmal and Ahmed Shezad

There was no reason to change the batting order. AS was doing good opening. I hate these Akmals.

We need to play 10-12 overs quitly before Afridis and Razzaqs can come in.

Last time we beat RSA comlprehensively in our final warm up game in 2007.

dw about warm up games.

The thing is that whenever Shafiq plays he is under pressure cause he knows that his place is not assured also Shafiq has batted in like 5 different positions in his ODI career so to judge him properly we need to give him a consistent run in one position like we did with Umer Akmal and Ahmed Shezad
Fair enough ... but Shafiq is a nudger of the ball, not a big hitter. We already have Younis and Misbah who bat similarly to Shafiq.

according to cricinfo, Razzaq and afridi can both still bat.

Afridi's not in his cricket kit, otherwise misbah wouldn't be captain. Razzaq would have bowled if they had considered him for the match.

Pakistan need 136 in 19 overs...... Younis should make a hundred and Misbah should fire a quick 50........

Although Afridi and Razzaq probably won't bad today, I think this would be an ideal opportunity to practice their late order hitting under pressure. I'll be disappointed if Afridi doesn't realise this.

England are also playing with 11 players and so is Pakistan. Most probably both captains have agreed to play only 11 (even though more are allowed)... So if such a mutual consent is there, than Afridi/Razzaq wont be coming out to bat...

And even if Afridi/Razzaq come out and chase the runs, its no guarantee that they will follow suit when the pressure situation arrives next time. ...

The run rate, like a nervous mountaineer trying to catch a peak unawares, has been creeping slowly upwards. 7.3 now; 141-5 off 32.

Afridi's not in his cricket kit, otherwise misbah wouldn't be captain. Razzaq would have bowled if they had considered him for the match.
How do you know he is not in his cricket kit? I thought this game wasn't televised?

Fair enough ... but Shafiq is a nudger of the ball, not a big hitter. We already have Younis and Misbah who bat similarly to Shafiq.

True, but IMO we should give Asad a go against Kenya and Canada to see if he is good enough to play against the major teams

Looks like misbah and younis will have to come to the rescue once again!
But its only a warm up so it doesnt matter if we dont win this.

Afridi & Razzaq both got bowling practice in previous game but they can still have batting practice in this game.

Pity that Younis has slowed down again. Yes we've lost a wicket, but he should be looking at least at rotating the strike.

even if Afridi and A Razzak doesn't play today, we still have YK and Misbah with Wahat and A Rehman to follow for PP.

it could still be a good match. lets now forget we might witness the batting potential if any of junaid khan.

England are also playing with 11 players and so is Pakistan. Most probably both captains have agreed to play only 11 (even though more are allowed)... So if such a mutual consent is there, than Afridi/Razzaq wont be coming out to bat...

And even if Afridi/Razzaq come out and chase the runs, its no guarantee that they will follow suit when the pressure situation arrives next time. ...

Well obviously not, thats the same in every sport, doesn't mean you don't practice.

But if the captains have agreed to 11 vs 11 then it makes no difference anyway.

Umar akmal fans are irrational. They cant admit that in terms of the opportunities given to Umar, he doesnt deserve a place in the side. Its like these fans are below me and its an insult for me to even acknowledge them.

*Has an arrogant smirk on his face* :11:

True, but IMO we should give Asad a go against Kenya and Canada to see if he is good enough to play against the major teams
Well you can give the fringe players a go against the weaker teams, but then you are not going to get a proper look at the player. On the contrary someone could argue that we should play Umar Akmal against the weaker teams to get him into some sort of form.

Im an asad shafiq fan but intermittent appearances are not an excuse. Virat Kohli earned his way into the XI. whenever he played he scored. the goal shouldnt be just getting into the xi. it should be to be the best you can be.

He is only stylish wen he walks out n walks in the dressing room with flair lasting abo 10 deliveries..
Thank god he is stopped wearing Green lips stick.

Req run rate is below 7.5 so if we can keep it at that or bring it down we have a chance.

Misbahs got going straight away which is good! Hope his good form lasts through the whole world cup!

^^ we're still not sure if Razzaq and Afridi will bat, its doubtful. In which case we will struggle.

Pakistan needs 128 runs from 17 overs.. I think they should take the powerplay after playing 7 more overs.... The equation should be like 80 runs from last 10 overs with 5 of the overs being powerplay...

Pakistan need to look to get 40-45 runs atleast in next 6 overs from Colly and Yardy!

I don't think Afridi, Razzaq can bat, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah they can bat if they want to. Misbah was captain as Afridi wasn't on the field, however as he was in the starting 15 they can swap and change as they wish.

I think they just want everyone to have some batting practise so I'm 90% sure Razzaq will get a swing for sure.

younis needs to score a 100 if were going to win this game and misbah needs to hit the winning runs in the form that he is in i think he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back