Pakistan vs England ~ First Test ~ Lords ~ Day One [Update Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full ball, edge from Strauss and went through 3rd slip that was removed by Inzi.

Sami unlucky again!!

I honestly dont blame Inzi here, had the bowlers been any decent I am sure he would have had 3 slips.

Raz said:
Full ball, edge from Strauss and went through 3rd slip that was removed by Inzi.

Sami unlucky again!!
Not unlucky it was Sami's crappy bowling early on which forced Inzi to take out the third slip.

Nauman said:
I honestly dont blame Inzi here, had the bowlers been any decent I am sure he would have had 3 slips.

That is ridiculous and you know it.

Inzi was the one to blame, no one else. Sami did what he had to do, he got the brought the edge but Inzi's removal of the 3rd slip meant he didnt get a wicket.

Raz said:
That is ridiculous and you know it.

Inzi was the one to blame, no one else. Sami did what he had to do, he got the brought the edge but Inzi's removal of the 3rd slip meant he didnt get a wicket.
Captain needs to have confidence in his bowlers that they will consistently bowl at one spot to get the edge when you have crappy bowlers like Sami and Gul bowling all over the place how do you expect the captain to set an attacking field?

Nauman said:
Not unlucky it was Sami's crappy bowling early on which forced Inzi to take out the third slip.

He bowled 1 bad delivery that was too full apart from that the other boundary was a risky shot, and apart from that he has bowled well. Please look at things with hindsight instead of looking at with your hatred of Sami in mind.

Kaneria being wasted at midon, there should be a man on the drive imo.

Holding crapping his pants yet again. beginning to sound like the acc he is becoming in this late age. harping on and on about Kaneria being at mid on. where would you have him, in third slip or short cover? good luck with him taking any catches there. he's more likely to split his webbing. its somethine we just have to deal with!

Raz said:
He bowled 1 bad delivery that was too full apart from that the other boundary was a risky shot, and apart from that he has bowled well. Please look at things with hindsight instead of looking at with your hatred of Sami in mind.
You should look at how crappy Sami is before looking at your undying love for Sami.

Nauman said:
Captain needs to have confidence in his bowlers that they will consistently bowl at one spot to get the edge when you have crappy bowlers like Sami and Gul bowling all over the place how do you expect the captain to set an attacking field?

He put in a short extra cover, which wasnt the problem but he should not have had the mid on there as Holding has been saying. Instead of that fielder a 3rd slip should have been there.

Strauss and Trescothick would never have faced suck crappy bowlers before in their career.

dude where is gul pitching the ball....does he know how to bowl with new ball....kya ho raha hai...aaree yeh kya ho raha hai

Just seems like Sami and Gul are a little nervous...

This is now quite a good start for England

The Wrist Slitting Brigade is here ....

*aside: England riding their luck, sooner or later it will run out

It is the Lord's wiclet as well which makes the new bowlers struggle...be patient...inshallah wicket coming soon.

UJ said:
Just seems like Sami and Gul are a little nervous...

This is now quite a good start for England

Either too nervous or too confident.

Why are they discussing the gread andrew caddick? i am sure there are better bowlers around to pull from the past....

overlord said:
The Wrist Slitting Brigade is here ....

*aside: England riding their luck, sooner or later it will run out

Nobody slitting wrists yaara. Sami looks his usual self (which is crap), but Gul needs to tighten up.

wazim87 said:
ESPN aint showing in Pak? Anyone have any info
PTV aint either. odd
ESPN aren't allowed to show - Ramiz Raja is commentating, who is a part of Ten Sports network.

:)))

wazim87 said:
ESPN aint showing in Pak? Anyone have any info
PTV aint either. odd
PTV World is, one of Super Sports is I dont know which one and Ten Sports is also showing it, I am watching it on Ten Sports.

Naved said:
So much for our "saviour" gul!

dont your insides burn with all that negativity? maybe you should try getting some fresh air or sunlight every once in a while.

good confi start by eng...a player like Andrew S is going at above 100 sr...itnay buray din aa gaye hain hum logo kay...

Hmm. Wonder if Waqar has made any difference being the bowling coach for these guys. I'm sure Waqar of the 2001-2003 period would be getting smacked around too.

Blistering Barnacle said:
Hmm. Wonder if Waqar has made any difference being the bowling coach for these guys. I'm sure Waqar of the 2001-2003 period would be getting smacked around too.

I think youve hit the nail right on the head. its all Wiki's fault. lets all stone his house in Pak. better yet, who has the number of the effigie maker?

I'm not watching but it sounds like there is some assistance for bowlers if they get it in the right place.

You can expect on this pitch, and also we don't have a good strike bowler who can make early inroad or take 1 or 2 wickets. We realy needed Rana or Shoaib here.

Blistering Barnacle said:
I'm not watching but it sounds like there is some assistance for bowlers if they get it in the right place.

Yeah there is, but Gul and Sami are both trying to be fancy and Strauss and Tresco are leaving the good balls easily.

Lets hope this is Razzaq's test! But there is alot of carry, Harmison can be very lethal on this track as long as it stays overcast....if th esun comes out, it is suppos eto bake teh pitch and make it dead.

hassan_21 said:
I think youve hit the nail right on the head. its all Wiki's fault. lets all stone his house in Pak. better yet, who has the number of the effigie maker?

:)))

Nauman said:
Why would you want to watch Pakistan getting hammered.

haha but it doesn't matter
so please someone give me a video link PLEASE!!!!!

GUYS, don't give up so easily, the first session is not even over yet!

RX Why dont you go buy one instead of coming in on the morning of the match and pleaing with everyone to give a free link....i hate people like that, woh message me in the morning(not like i know anything)

Sami starting to find a decent length, needs to keep it up. Gul looking useful despite a few bad balls.

Pak fielding a pretty inexperienced side for this match, seniors really need to lead the way.

Guys, England looking pretty comfortable so far, but it's, early days yet. Yes we are really missing Rana who would have been a handful on this pitch, but we need to be patient and wickets will come Insh'allah!

55-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back