Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 26/06/2008| Ind Innings

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
So, exactly 300 to chase. Flat wicket.

What you say folks?

I think we have a match on. But Pakistan will have to bowl absolutely superbly.

iZeeshan said:
So, exactly 300 to chase. Flat wicket.

What you say folks?

I think we have a match on. But Pakistan will have to bowl absolutely superbly.

They couldn't chase 315 the other day - despite multiple assistance from the umpires.

We should take this easy - if the umpires aren't biased then it could be a big thrashing.

cars112 said:
They couldn't chase 315 the other day - despite multiple assistance from the umpires.

We should take this easy - if the umpires aren't biased then it could be a big thrashing.

and inshallah it will be.....

cars112 said:

Pitch is different bro.

And the umpires still don't give LBWs.

LOL. everyones freakin out for nothing.
300 is waaay over the top if Sehwag + Gambhir go early.
WE HAVE THE BEST DEATH BOWLER. Gul will save us if it comes to that.
and Afridi will bowl tight
Stay cool ^^

India have a really good batting lineup. Just keep the bowling tidy yet at the same time aggressive and it should be a good win.

iZeeshan said:
Pitch is different bro.

And the umpires still don't give LBWs.

Mate, at the bottom of your heart, do you really think an Indian team can chase down 300 against Gul, Tanvir, Afridi etc.?

By the way look at some of their averages:

Pathan 14
Raina 29
Sharma 26
Sehwag 31

Basically they rely on three batsmen - get one or two of them early and they're finished. Don't get them early and they will still find it tough.

Rest easy bro, this game is ours. 220-250 and it would have been tricky, but 300 under lights? Ours.

cars112 said:

what kind of biasness are you talking about. Did you notice the LBW descisions which were not given in THIS match? The LBWs have gone against the batsmen in ALL matches. Actual biased descisions caused Dhoni to come later and was a help for Pak.

Obeid said:
India have a really good batting lineup.

:))

Pathan 14
Raina 29
Sharma 26
Sehwag 31

You sure about that, mate?

This is no Australia or South Africa. It is India (67-43), man!

cars112 said:

you mean the way they were in the first innings? :p

yeah, if umpires are consistently as good as they were for our bowlers, than it will be good

This will be easy.

A few early wickets. The the strangulation, suffocation and constriction during the middle overs will ensure it.

Ghoshtbuster said:
This will be easy.

A few early wickets. The the strangulation, suffocation and constriction during the middle overs will ensure it.

I'll second the constriction ;)

sehwag has to understand that there is no need for him to go berserk from first ball

INSHALLAH we'll win it but we have to bowl extremely well and at the same time india has to bat extremely well, too. But lets hope the local team doesnt disappoint the Karachi crowd

Ghoshtbuster said:

Sounds good.

Dude both raina and sharma are decent young players who have the ability to play a good innings. Also sehwag has had his share of good knocks against us. We are the favorites to win the match at this stage but lets not get complacent.

chasing a big total always puts the batsmen under pressure. Pak needs to bowl tight and get the basics correct which will add pressure to the indian batsmen.

However any ordinary bowling will be creamed by shewag an gambir. The first 15 overs will dictate how the match will end up.

All in all it wll be explosive

Dhonifan said:
sehwag has to understand that there is no need for him to go berserk from first ball

May as well, because he'll only last five or six balls before either Umar or Sohail throw him back to the pavilion - unless he gets lucky with dropped catches, of course.

Obeid said:
Dude both raina and sharma are decent young players who have the ability to play a good innings. Also sehwag has had his share of good knocks against us. We are the favorites to win the match at this stage but lets not get complacent.

If you're not confident defending 300 against India...fair enough. I'm afraid I can't pretend: I genuinely cannot see how we will not win this game. If it was Aus/SA or if the total was under 250, I would have said different.

I'm really really nervous! This IS the match, we NEED to carry these points!

Is the pitch COMPLETELY flat or is there something (turn etc)?????????

OK I'm off now

My prediction is that we will win by 130 runs - the top order will be blown away and they won't recover.

Go Team Pakistan!

cars112 said:
If you're not confident defending 300 against India...fair enough. I'm afraid I can't pretend: I genuinely cannot see how we will not win this game. If it was Aus/SA or if the total was under 250, I would have said different.
i am confident we can do it but lets not get comfortable yet. India can chase down the total if we bowl poorly which we do once in a while. Also india have several decent bats.

Man I'm getting so pumped up, looking at Umar with a look of intent on his face...we're going to smash this game, we are!

is the beast captaining in his absense?

if we play decently we should win this one ....want to see rohit contribute today !

History in Karachi says that 300 is NOT good enough.

I say again, India will bat like crap to lose this game.

caught behind shout NOT CONVINCING Gul joined in late
wasnt out anyway

Asia Cup is testing fitness of players.

Expected if you play in June/July

Back