Pakistan vs India| T20 WC - Final | Jo’burg| 24/9/07 | Pak Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, relax, it's a sport. Both teams played well, such a close exciting match. Our early batsmen in this tournament need to look at their game, especially as we will be playing India in series soon.

yes, I forgot to mention...

Congrats India, and hope to have many many more close matches with you :D of course, with a different result ;)

Sabika said:
because we stil have our dignity
we can keep our heads held high
dude realise it is important to win. Fighting till the end is not the way to go about it

filosofee said:
Hey, relax, it's a sport. Both teams played well, such a close exciting match. Our early batsmen in this tournament need to look at their game, especially as we will be playing India in series soon.

We need wholesale changes now. No more Hafeez, Akmal, Younis, Afridi. This team doesnt need morons that cannot perform when it really matters

Congrats India for a fine victory. Congrats to Pakistan on performing like gallant losers

C'mon boys the game of cricket was the ultimate winner . Misbah i am at ur feet man . What a player u r .

Great effort by Misbah...although he just couldn't finish it off! Well done india

i keep playing that shot in my mind over and over again, each time playing every stroke possible but the one misbah chose aaagggghhhhh help

inzidabest said:
dude realise it is important to win. Fighting till the end is not the way to go about it
i KNOW
do you think i wanted us to loose
but irealize that we cnat win them all
and if we're going to loose
let us do it with dignity

come on guys without misbah we wud not have come close.

YK was a disappointment.

All you pak fans need to thank Misbah for even making it this close. It would have been a pathetic display for pakistan were it not for Misbah. Yes he tried going for too much at the end and screwed up. But up to that point man he almost had you guys home. Hardluck but that's the way cricket is. Congrats India man I am really happy right now.

right now i feel like if someone has died... can't explain it... make me feel better, i can't take this!!

inzidabest said:

You are very silly have no sense at all, your acting as if you would have liked Pakistan to lose very badly.

Very dumb

invincible said:
It was a day when cricket won first and then Misbah and then India ! Any indian who refuses this is not being honest with himself ...

What an innings !!! WHERE THE HELL HAS HE BEEN ALL THESE DAYS ???
u dont judje a player on 20 20 pls.

oh man i just survived a heart attack.i thought the match was gone for india with joginder sharma coming in to bowl and looking like a complete loser.the fact that hes slow worked for him and misbah could'nt play it over the keeper.well done india ..great win ..great match!

Great final, the boys gave it their best shot, sadly Misbah for all his great heroics could not finish the game despite two bites of the cherry.

dont blame misbah
dont blame anyone
it was a thriller
this is what cricket is about
COURSE we want to win
but no one can argue we were good

Some strange reactions above. Anyone ever heard of 'losing with pride' and 'losing with a bit of dignity'??? The fact is the Pak batsmen did not quite handle the pressure. The runs on the board were too much. If Misbahs shot had come off - he would have been a hero. As it was - it didn't. Time to praise India - they defended a lowish total with tenacity helped by mistakes from our batters due to the pressure. India deserved it. Let's accept it and move on. Give India some credit and be proud of our team for the effort they put up. Im gutted. But there you go. We love sport because of it's ups and downs. It's a big down today. At least lets be down with some pride.

Hari Sombar said:
You are very silly have no sense at all, your acting as if you would have liked Pakistan to lose very badly.

Very dumb

well u interpret it that way. I wanted Pakistan to win.
every time you canot keep saying we fought well or if only wickets were there ..thats just a silly excuse

Mini-Inzy lost his nerve towards the end - the pressure must have been immense. But if not for him Pakistan would not have been in a position to win it.

Gratz to India!

LOL at Dileep Premadachan's Cricinfo report:

The game see-sawed throughout and Mizbah-ul-Haq's heroic rearguard almost saw Pakistan through before Dhoni's gamble to give the final over to the relatively inexperienced Joginder Sharma paid off as Misbah tried being a little too cute and Sreesanth poached the offering.

What a match! What a final!

I am absolutely devastated at the moment. My mouth is dry and I can't speak. But congratulations to India on winning the cup, well played. You deserved to win.

Also my heart goes out to the Pakistan team, especially Malik, Gul and Misbah who fought with their hearts throughout this tournament. In the end you fell just short at the final hurdle but stay strong and there will be many opportunities for you to put this right in your career (ok, maybe not for Misbah).

Well played Pakistan......you made me proud in this tournament.

And congratulations to India. Enjoy this win because it's all your going to get.

anand99 said:
All you pak fans need to thank Misbah for even making it this close. It would have been a pathetic display for pakistan were it not for Misbah. Yes he tried going for too much at the end and screwed up. But up to that point man he almost had you guys home. Hardluck but that's the way cricket is. Congrats India man I am really happy right now.
it's never over until the final runs been scored or the final wicket taken, misbah paced it to a tee, a momentary lapse was the difference between winning or not

Where were these heroics when malik and misbah were nudging and nurdling the singles. If you have such 6 hitting ability why keep it locked up for the last 2/3 overs? This is the second time misbah has left it too late...

dirk diggler said:
it's never over until the final runs been scored or the final wicket taken, misbah paced it to a tee, a momentary lapse was the difference between winning or not

exactly. You got to win it and not take it close.
I am not criticising for todays game but in general this attitude has to change in pakistan cricket

I can't believe people are blaming Malik and Afridi. Along with Gul and Misbah, they have been our players of the tournament. Can't fault them.

Great game of cricket, congratulations to India.

Naved said:
Where were these heroics when malik and misbah were nudging and nurdling the singles. If you have such 6 hitting ability why keep it locked up for the last 2/3 overs? This is the second time misbah has left it too late...
Just shut up .go and fell into the feet of that great man .He made a onesided match into a great finale.

Dont worry..We go to Jannah and they go to...??..Well done Pakistan team, you made us proud.

BE A PROUD PAKISTANI AND PRAY IN RAMADAN TO GET THE MAXIMUN AJAR FOR AKHERA, THATS WHAT MATTERS.

BOYS FOUGHT HARD AND MADE US PROUD ALHAMDULILLAH

Last edited:
I think Imran Nazir's bashers should come out and acknowledge the guy for holding his own while others were falling like pins around him. We blame him for stupid shot selections, what about the likes of Akmal, Younis, Hafeez?!

yeah i think pak batsmen except for misbah felt the pressure of the final.especially younis khan.but all the credit to misbah ..what a player this guy is he knew what he was doing and almost pulled it off.politics kept him out of the game for pak ..what a pity

Easa said:
I can't believe people are blaming Malik and Afridi. Along with Gul and Misbah, they have been our players of the tournament. Can't fault them.

Great game of cricket, congratulations to India.

No one's blaming Malik. He did a fine job throughout the tournament. Afridi's shot today is unforgivable. Enough said

Man of the match to Pathan :O Misbah deserved it more than anyone else!

inzidabest said:
well u interpret it that way. I wanted Pakistan to win.
every time you canot keep saying we fought well or if only wickets were there ..thats just a silly excuse

But your saying losing with dignity is rubbish. You can't win them all, but the way you fought should make you proud but the way your talking is that you either win or the team is rubbish.

You talk absolute trash

siddharth said:
C'mon boys the game of cricket was the ultimate winner . Misbah i am at ur feet man . What a player u r .

Very good point. In the end, both India vs Pakistan encounters were a fantastic advertisement for the game, unlike that one-sided, rain ruined CWC '07 final Aus vs SL debacle.

Congrats India, But well done Pakistan and in general the asian teams for making it to the finals. We beat Aus, NZ , SL and that ain't too shabby. Great innings by Misbah almost got us there. If only he had played a correct shot. even some singles wouldn't have killed us.

I think that leaving too much for the end cost the Pakistan the match ..... but Misbah was unbelievable. In the whole , there is absolutely nothing between the two teams. Just a stroke of luck going India's way to give them the upper hand this time. Congratulations India and Thank You Pakistan for this great Spectacle.

Who would have thought that a format much vilified in this forum and elsewhere could get so much entertainment of the good kind in the end.

this must hurt, but what champions all 22of them. congratulations to every cricket passionate out there - these are the heroes. gul, RP, misbah, irfan, tanvir, all of them.

Misbah's hits towards the end were superb, but it was out of desperation....misbah has so much ability, but it's the reluctance to use it that has cost him (for most of his career) and in this match his team too....

Having said that. He certainly got no help from the apparent legends malik, afridi and hafeez. Can I just ask someone - apart from afridi's bowling what did all these bits n piece do in this crunch game.

I'm not upset or angry, more irritated that we keep making the same mistakes, yet just because we don't lose badly everything is brushed under the carpet...

we need SOLID players not bits n bobs...

Hari Sombar said:
But your saying losing with dignity is rubbish. You can't win them all, but the way you fought should make you proud but the way your talking is that you either win or the team is rubbish.

You talk absolute trash
I said losing and then claiming that we took it close is rubbish. not the first time Pakistan have run close and lost it.
Better get players who finish the game or who play sensibly.
Now do u understand. Otherwise your mind is full of trash

inzidabest said:
exactly. You got to win it and not take it close.
I am not criticising for todays game but in general this attitude has to change in pakistan cricket

Your comments are just a load of trash. Your saying that about a team that was not expected to go past the 1st round.

Ironically we lost by 6 runs. Hafeez dropped a catch and threw it over the boundary for 6 runs. These minute things matter a lot

Afridi man of the tournament? The selectors are drunk I am 100% sure. Misbah is the only one who played well today for Pakistan and he deserved it

how the hell can Afridi get MOTM??????????????????
Its an insult to the game.
a slap on the face of misbah and gul.

thoo.

akpower said:
Your comments are just a load of trash. Your saying that about a team that was not expected to go past the 1st round.
20-20 when Zimbabwe beat Australia or bangladesh beat WI, were you not aware of the unpredictability?
Wait I am not basing it on this series.
remembetr the Lords ODI with Australia..
or the final in Netherlands against Australia
Or the karachi match vs India.
All were in Pakistans pocket and yet they lost it.
You just cant say we took it close and thats great

Naved said:
Misbah's hits towards the end were superb, but it was out of desperation....misbah has so much ability, but it's the reluctance to use it that has cost him (for most of his career) and in this match his team too....

Having said that. He certainly got no help from the apparent legends malik, afridi and hafeez. Can I just ask someone - apart from afridi's bowling what did all these bits n piece do in this crunch game.

I'm not upset or angry, more irritated that we keep making the same mistakes, yet just because we don't lose badly everything is brushed under the carpet...

we need SOLID players not bits n bobs...

HUh??cant believe you just said that..misbah played out of his skin and he showed he could do well under pressure when your biggest stars choked.and he was kept out of the team because fat mullah did nt want him in the team not because he was nt good enough..so get a life

It hurts watching India lift the trophy we should have had! Feel like smashing the tele right now :))

Congratulations India. Sreesanth's figures of 4 1 44 1 11.00 :)) is the only positive I can take from this final. We messed it up big time as usual!

AFRIDI got you to the final, he was playing as a bowler, did you know that?
DONT BE SUCH AN IDIOT.

BE PROUD OF YOUR TEAM, THEY BROUGHT GLORY TO PAKISTAN IN 20/20

ITS A TURN AROUND FROM 20 DAYS AGO.

i LOVE YOU PAKISTAN TEAM

YOU GUYS GO PRAY AND GET MAXIMUM FROM RAMADAN NOW. dUNYA DOESNT MATTER, GO GET THE BEST OUT OF RAMADAN,

THOSE WHO ARE CRITICISING PAKISTAN SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THESELVES.

Perth93 said:
how the hell can Afridi get MOTM??????????????????
Its an insult to the game.
a slap on the face of misbah and gul.

thoo.

EXCEPT THAT MONKEY BOY CAUGHT THE FINAL CATCH.........

Joseph K. said:
Congratulations India. Sreesanth's figures of 4 1 44 1 11.00 :)) is the only positive I can take from this final. We messed it up big time as usual!

guys Afridi is man of the TOURNAMENT not man of the match...Irfan Pathan was man of the match...

desidudecool said:
HUh??cant believe you just said that..misbah played out of his skin and he showed he could do well under pressure when your biggest stars choked.and he was kept out of the team because fat mullah did nt want him in the team not because he was nt good enough..so get a life

Misbah is a hero, he did what Pakistan's early batsmen could not do, take us close. We only lost to India (okay, twice) in this tournament. I am more than happy that we got to the final, and even happier that we lost to India and not to, say, Australia.

After all Pakistan cricket and it's fans have been through since Oval Aug '06 this is a fantastic achievement from Pakistan, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back