Pakistan vs South Africa: 1st Test: Day 1 from Centurion

PlanetPakistan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Alright guys only a few minutes(335 to be precise) away now. What are the predictions for the day, how will the pitch play and what should we do if we win the toss?

I think the pitch will be a typical South African track, alot of bounce, but not much sideways movement. I would bat first on this pitch, giving our opener's confidence that their captain has faith in them, and it would be the aggressive move.

On the other hand, bowling wouldn't be too bad either.

Weather will play a big part in this test match according to the forecast.

Can't wait ... just over 4 hrs to go now. I will be going home just before the start of play so that I can watch the action live from home.

Aparently the team winning the toss here usually bowls first so it will be interesting to see what eventuates. Anyone have any further news on the state of the injuries to our key players?

And villcom to our first SA supporter Jusarrived :)

Hash said:
forecast looks pretty good until day 5
Day 4 could be a bit iffy too. Hopefully the thunderstorms come in the evening and not any earlier.

jusarrived said:
if we ( :p ) win the toss..shud put pak to bat first!
:)) darn Jusarr you are not supporting your neighbors? :O Weren't you supporting us when we played the WI?

Still a littler time to go before this starts chaps.

just abt 85 mins left for the first ball....

I would say if Pak wins the toss they should definately bat first no matter how the state of the pitch or conditions will be....it will send a really positive message to the opposition that we r here to fight!..just like what India did in the first Test !

if the pitch is good for fast bowlers i m even game for playing a 4th seemer instead of Kaneria....

arsal_pakfan said:
just abt 85 mins left for the first ball....

I would say if Pak wins the toss they should definately bat first no matter how the state of the pitch or conditions will be....it will send a really positive message to the opposition that we r here to fight!..just like what India did in the first Test !
Even though those batting second have won more matches at Centurion? :20:

If Pak wins the toss, they should bowl. Pak has never played at this ground and would be suspect early on a day one pitch. They can also see how the ball behaves and use that knowledge to bat well when their chance comes. But wahetever they do, be positive.

Pitch report ,here we go SA has prepared a green top, Pakistan won the toss ,and decided to bat first..................Here we guys.

darkmoon459 said:
Pitch report ,here we go SA has prepared a green top, Pakistan won the toss ,and decided to bat first..................Here we guys.

i hate watching us bat, its bad for the heart.

darkmoon459 said:

whaaaaatttt ?

:20: :20: :20: :20:

I'm looking forward to this match. Hopefully it'll be a competitive Test.

It's nice to be able to watch a Test as a neutral and just enjoy the cricket.

why are we batting first on a bouncy green top ?

oh let me guess ... so we can unleash kaneria on day 5 (like we are even gonna get that far ?)

Pakistan batting first on a green pitch is not for the faint of heart. Lets get it on boys anyone got the team sheet.

here's my prediction for our first innings ... 200 .

how long do you think the first wicket lasts?

im having nightmares of ntini running through the top order...

kashif77 said:
why are we batting first on a bouncy green top ?

oh let me guess ... so we can unleash kaneria on day 5 (like we are even gonna get that far ?)

Geez you lot are negative. Have some faith in your team! :p

godzilla said:
how long do you think the first wicket lasts?

im having nightmares of ntini running through the top order...

and don't forget andre nel..................God help us.Lets bow our heads and start praying.

lutonbadboy said:
Has Gul been ruled out for the series??

As of right now ,gul and malik are ruled out of the series and shoaib to play the 3rd test..............may be the 2nd.

darkmoon459 said:
HERE IS THE TEAM

Hafeez
Farhat
Yasir
Younis
Inzi
Fasial
Kamran
Rana
nazir
Kaneria
asif.

Not a surprise 11 for me! lets hope they do well and put up a fight on this green top

"Mohammad Hafeez, Humayun Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Younis Khan, captainInzamam-ul-Haq, Faisal Iqbal, wicket-keeperKamran Akmal, Shahid Nazir, Naved-ul-Hasan, Danish Kaneria, Mohammad Asif"

rofl humayan farhat ?

cricinfo clowns...

Humayun Ferhat is just like his predeccesor Imran:

1.1 Nel to Humayun Farhat, no run, And we have the first slash and a miss. Short, wide outside offstump and Farhat goes for a square-cut and the ball bounces over the blade. Hmm....

TurkishCricketFan said:
Pakıstan's new opener Humayun Ferhat:

2 matches 54 runs average of 27.

Love cricinfo. :))
:)) I freaked out when I read that on cricinfo

They've got it right now!!

Mar dittta Allah ditaaa...both our openers are showing some colors to Saffies! mashallah

Nel to Farhat, no run, that is a beauty of a delivery!!! good length delivery on the off, slanting away, Farhat looks to play at it and misses it, all the South Africans go up with the appeal but that does not interest Bucknor in any way

That was an extremely stupid appeal by the idiotic Saffies. Cheater Smith leading the way, ofcourse.

damn looks like we have found 1 permanent opener,
hameed would have been a better opener though

1st bal farhat faced he slashed at it

aoa boys

looks like we've gone in wil the heavy bowlin attack - good posititve stuff - shows we're tryin to win this test match

I love this comment on Cricinfo

Ntini to Imran Farhat, no run, Ntini continues to hit the line outside offstump, Farhat doesn't go fishing this time, seafood is delicious but not while out in the middle, and lets it go through to the keeper

looks like inzi called right

pitch aint doing anything

heres hoping these two put on say 400!!
lol

they are making it look easy and just have to wait for harris to come on

gambino said:
looks like inzi called right

pitch aint doing anything

heres hoping these two put on say 400!!
lol

they are making it look easy and just have to wait for harris to come on

:26: :26: :26:

harris ain't playing...

Folks please keep the score up dated for us po folks that have to work. Much appreciated.

24/0 Super upper cut by Farhat, Pak openers of to a flier; hope indians can learn a thing or 2 from their Pakistani counterparts.

much appreciated UJ keep up the good work brotha praise the good Lord and peace in the middle east.

Invictus said:
much appreciated UJ keep up the good work brotha praise the good Lord and peace in the middle east.
For you dawg...anything!!

Pollock into the attack

This is some pretty solid stuff from these two.

They needed to look to see out the first hour....it has been 40 minutes now. They are doing a good job.

24 for 0

Nice work lads just keep up the good work and see the new ball off. UJ man much appreciated you is ma nigs.

just hope the boys dont get frustrated by the dot balls and try to hit out..

The boys are doing fine i guess. We were expecting 3 down at this stage

Farhat , same odl mistake , lucky , hopefully changes his shto selection

Back