Pakistan vs South Africa...Day 3 from Centurion.

PlanetPakistan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
A team like PAK can come back or collapse from any situation but in this case i have a feeling that the team which wins the 1st session tomorrow will go on to win the test match. The new ball will obviously be the key and the way Asif is bowling and with the lack of support that he is getting i won't be surprised if he ended with an 8 for.

If PAK can break this partnership then that would expose the lower order to M Asif and who knows PAK might even go on to take a slender lead. On the other hand if the two S African batsman are able to see of the new ball then PAK will be in for a long day because remember SA have a very strong lower order and could really thrive on this day 3 pitch.

A look at the bowling options:

I would like to open the bowling with Nazir on one end and Kaneria on the other and then let Asif and Nazir take the new ball and hope that Nazir bowls better than he did on day 2.

South Africa sill has Gibbs, Prince, Boucher, Pollock and a strong tail on this ground.

Gibbs is looking dangerous. I will be surprised if the Proteas don't get at least a 100 run lead

The morning sessions so far have had the greatest number of wickets. Lets hope the trend continues on day 3 and we can get SA out quickly.

Pollock and Boucher will play some shots, and the bowlers will have to keep cool to be on top of their game. Asif should be able to strike some early blows in the morning, but from then on, Inzi has to be careful not to let it drift and give guys like Pollock the room to get a quick 40-50 runs.

XFactor said:
Pollock and Boucher will play some shots, and the bowlers will have to keep cool to be on top of their game. Asif should be able to strike some early blows in the morning, but from then on, Inzi has to be careful not to let it drift and give guys like Pollock the room to get a quick 40-50 runs.
yea that's true but if we can knock a few over with the new ball then i am sure Polly and Boucher will feel some pressure.

Today will decide the fate of the match & possibly the fate of the series

if Pakistan loose this Test then i fear they will never comeback in the series even with full strength side...on the other hand if we draw or win the Test the confidence of this game alongwith the confidence of playing the full strength will help Pakistan alot in the next two games!

Pakistan need a Asif special like the one in Srilnaka in 2nd Test this year or a Kaneria special

What Pakistan need is for Rana and Nazir to start firing on all cylinders. Even an Asif special can't save us from conceding a rather large lead.

Kaneria unfortuantely will only become useful on the last minute of day 5, other than that..he doesn't look threatening, DESPITE his tight bowling yesterday. He just isn't providing that extra "oomph!" in his bowling.

the first session today and Pakistans 2nd innnings batting will be the key...

I cant see SA not being able to take at least a 50 run lead, so batting will be crucial...

anyway for today, we nedd all 4 bowlers bowling well to restrict SA to a reasonable score....

I personally think that asif can get us atleast two wickets with the new ball. It comes down to the other bowlers to take some responsibility and try to bowl line and length and give some support to Asif. A lead of some sort is definitely on the cards. First session, try to put some pressure by drying up the runs and get Asif going from one end. Hopefully we get the next three wickets without too much demage.

Welcome to PakPassion, zmus. Feel free to introduce yourself by creating a thread in Time Pass.

You'd expect the Saffers to get some kind of lead unless Asif or someone else can engineer a breakthrough. Prince looks to be in good touch this season.

Prince might be in great touch but it is mind numbing to watch him. He only has a couple of shots, which he executes very well.

PlanetPakistan said:
Asif can't always give us wickets the likes of Rana and Nazir MUST step up
Who knows, Asif might end up with 10 wickets.

Play starts in about 7 minutes

UJ said:

Inshallah - why not ?

Guys have a feeling that Pak are about to turn this game around on its head - Go Pak Tigers...

Guys have a feeling that Pak are about to turn this game around on its head - Go Pak Tigers..
Same here. C'mon Pakistan! Fight like cornered tigers.

Shahid Nazir begins proceedings, and is worked away for 2 behind square.

256/4

Nazir completes first over

South Africa: 258/4 (76.0 Ovs)

Nazir needs to alter his line a bit, he is too leg side ish for me.

any reson why asif isnt bowling > is the new ball due in cpl of overs

Kaneria on and bowling well to Gibbs.

New ball is due in 5 overs. Asif will bowl, and will probably share it with Rana.

UJ said:

i have a feeling that he'll end up with 6 and the rest need to churn out the other 4.

None whatsover, PP. Nazir seems to be ambling in.

Easa said:
None whatsover, PP. Nazir seems to be ambling in.
warming up for the new ball? :13: If that's the case then he should have warmed up before play and Inzi should have given these 2 overs to Rana.

Maybe Nazir will bowl with the new ball? Who knows?

Kaneria getting some sharp turn, bowling very well.

Power failure on FoxSports telecast !! Anyone else having same problem ?

As I type that, Gibbs opens the face of the bat and its 4 down to third man. Innovative shot.

262/4

MIG said:
Power failure on FoxSports telecast !! Anyone else having same problem ?
Just happened to me too! Stupid idiots, yesterday they were showing Eng/Aus, now this. :12:

Easa said:
Just happened to me too! Stupid idiots, yesterday they were showing Eng/Aus, now this. :12:

I suppose a good time to learn about Magic Johnson and HIV....( thats what they were showing just now !)

Streaky shot for 4, by Prince. Unlucky.

Now, 4 leg byes down to fine leg. Nazir leaking runs, just like yesterday.

Nazir's 14 overs have gone for 73, and he hasn't picked up a wicket.

Pak bowling is lacking spark. Shoaib provides that but others need to do so as well.

New ball is our only hope - we might as well get Hafeez into dry the runs uptil that point.

one thing tht i dont understand why is so difficult for a bowler to convert is ODI forn into test

i hate to admit this but indian bowling had more venom than this attack

badxhah said:
one thing tht i dont understand why is so difficult for a bowler to convert is ODI forn into test
1- Different ball(red ball swings less)
2- Require more stamina.
3- Batsman have different batting approach in tests(don't try to score quickly).

Rana dinho is letting the runs leak from the other end.......Sami would have been a bit better than Rana though Sami is also a proven Test failure but i would have liked seeing more pace!!!!!!!!!! very sad...Asif is the lone Ranger!

nothing happenin so far MYK launghing inzy has his finger up his nose rana scratching his head
so far business as usual

Huge shout by Asif for LBW.. just going down the legside.

Appeal for run out, Gibbs was in though.

dammit Rana brilliant in ODI's sucks in test. Well atleast we know there is no competition between Rana and Gul anymore.

Mohammad Asif to Prince, no run, good length delivery, pitched in line with the leg stump and swinging in, Prince goes on the back-foot to defend but fails to make contact and the ball hits him right in front of the stumps. Loud pleading appeal for lbw turned down - replays indicate that the ball wound have clipped the top of the leg stump but umpire Billy Doctrove was not impressed. Prince lives on...

Rana, please correct your line, yaar. Too leg sideish.

now get out 100 bana liya jaan legah kia
150 run partnership
trail by 16
297-4

85.2 Naved to Prince, FOUR!!, fuller length delivery outside the off stump, Prince reaches for it and looks to drive it through the covers, inside edges it past the stumps to fine leg for four, streaky shot but fortune favours the brave!!!

Rana seems to be try too many things.

Easa said:
Rana, please correct your line, yaar. Too leg sideish.

brillant over by rana
frankly speakin i really wanted to say want mr.awan said a few posts ago

Back