Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka | T20 Warmup | Centurion | 09/09/07 | PAK WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan has a slight edge chasing 162.
This is Pakistan's match to lose if they bat sensibly it is not a difficult target.

Saj said:
As far as I am concerned Hafeez is a must in Twenty/20 cricket. I would play him ahead of Butt.

Can bowl, a better fielder than Butt and can probably score as many runs as Butt will.

Unfortunately Butt is the vice captain and a more suitable 20/20 player will make way for him

Mercenary said:
Unfortunately Butt is the vice captain and a more suitable 20/20 player will make way for him

Personally think Fawad Alam is a better option than Misbah too.

Because of Pakistan slow over rate, pakistan has to chase this target of 162 in only 16 overs.

10+ run an over is the target, in other words, it is only matter of 40s fours or 27 sizes

hellopak said:
Because of Pakistan slow over rate, pakistan has to chase this target of 162 in only 16 overs.
Are you serious?

I suppose they're only doing it to challenge us :11:

ok........now Sri Lanka have a fighting target due to the reduced overs. Otherwise we would have walked this game with our eyes closed.

But this should be interesting with only 16 overs to do it.

Daoud said:
Are you serious?

I suppose they're only doing it to challenge us :11:

I thought they changed that rule anyway because it is biased against the side bowling first?

Muddaser said:
Check the scorecard again.
Per rules, Pakistan bowled 16 overs in alloted time so they are suppose to chase in 16 overs. Howevere, it is a practice/warm up match so SL would like to defend it in 20 overs and pakistan would like to chase in 16 overs.

Hash said:
I thought they changed that rule anyway because it is biased against the side bowling first?
Thats what I thought too - certainly in ODIs but wasnt sure about Twenty20

*Mohammad Hafeez (rhb) 5 3 1 0 166.66 striker
Salman Butt (lhb) 10 9 2 0 111.11 non-striker

after 2 overs.

28 for 0 after 3 overs

sri lankan bowlers are being pounded and pulverized

Last edited:
now they r showing 132 in 16 overs. Well it is cricinfo and they will do what ever is best for Indian. Not showing Pak A vs Aus A and showing a third class India vs pak match.

Hash you have remind DNA about this.

hellopak said:
now they r showing 132 in 16 overs. Well it is cricinfo and they will do what ever is best for Indian. Not showing Pak A vs Aus A and showing a third class India vs pak match.

Hash you have remind DNA about this.

I reminded him the other day.

He immediately phoned Sheikhupura and asked them to fax over the scorecard (2nd ODI)

I'll call him in a bit.

39 for 0 after 4 overs

Sri Lanka are being utterly abliterated by Butt and Hafeez

Gooner said:
Pakistan 39/0 (4.0/20 ov)

Pakistan off to a solid start, now we need to make sure we can carry on with the run scoring without losing many wickets.
No worry Misbah still to come, he will provide solidity to the inning.

hellopak said:
Is it real Butt hit six? May be ground is small?

It's centurian...not known to be a small ground

and DNA isn't picking up

50 for 0 after 5

as i said, this will be an easy win for Pakistan.

We need someone to challenge us.

Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR
*Salman Butt (lhb) 26 15 4 1 173.33 striker
Mohammad Hafeez (rhb) 21 15 4 0 140.00 non-striker

Blazing start by the openers! Salman Butt is quite a moody player, when the mood dictates he can hit sixes off Malinga!

Like the way Butt is playing. Seem like he is playing well placed and times fours instead of unsafe and risky aerial route for sixes.

Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR
*Mohammad Hafeez (rhb) 21 15 4 0 140.00 striker
Salman Butt (lhb) 38 21 7 1 180.95 non-striker

Sallu gone bonkers! 7 fours and a six already in his explosive knock of 38

Pakistan 62/0 in 6 overs! Amazing!

deviously~fading~away said:
A near full house at Centurion prior to the start of a warm-up match, Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Picture
Click on link above for image^

wow.

2 of the more entertaining teams in world cricket.

62 for 0 from 6 overs. Salman Butt leading the way with 38 from 21 balls :O

Saj said:
wow.

2 of the more entertaining teams in world cricket.

62 for 0 from 6 overs. Salman Butt leading the way with 38 from 21 balls :O

Too slow if you ask me. :p

After this we have to open to Butt and Hafeez

Nazir can bat at 3

78/0 in 7 overs
*Salman Butt (lhb) 38 21 7 1 180.95 striker
Mohammad Hafeez (rhb) 37 21 6 1 176.19 non-striker

Spin being introduced for the first time. I would like to see Hafeez take this Perera guy on!

You just never know what to expect from Pakistan do you. Who would have thought that we'd be wining this match so easily.

Sanity restored. Just 3 runs off Perera's first over

Pakistan 81/0 in 8 overs

Pakistan require another 82 runs with 10 wickets and 12.0 overs remaining

Saj said:
You just never know what to expect from Pakistan do you. Who would have thought that we'd be wining this match so easily.

Me.......I was maintaining we would win easily in the 15th over of the Sri Lankan innings :D

Hash said:
Me.......I was maintaining we would win easily in the 15th over of the Sri Lankan innings :D

lol. You are the eternal optimist Hash.

Anyway, this game's not over yet. The Lankan spinners are sure to make things tough for our batsman.

No Vaas in the SL squad?

Saj said:
In the presence of Afridi, Younis, Malik, Imran nazir, Hafeez, Fawad who would ahve doubted them?

RRR is only 6.8

no need to go at 10 an over

we can relax a little and the two can spend some more time in the middle

Hash said:
RRR is only 6.8

no need to go at 10 an over

we can relax a little and the two can spend some more time in the middle

It is a practice game, so they should ask SL to bowl 20 overs irrespective of how much PAK score and PAK should go at an accelerated rate and see how much they could chase in 20 overs.

Salman gone.

101 for 1 from 10 overs. Hafeez continuing the onslaught with 45 from 27 balls

No worries, Butt being unselfish and decides to let other batsmen get a chance ;-)

Daoud said:
No worries, Butt being unselfish and decides to let other batsmen get a chance ;-)

Nice observation. That is why he VC, he lets every one enjoy.

Guess Younis brought message for Hafeez to give batting chance to Captain.

Hafeez out for 45, 109 for 2.

54 needed from 54 balls with YK and Malik at the crease

Hafeez gone, caught behind off Wijekoon

Pakistan 109/2 off 11 overs

Last edited:
79333.jpg

I hate our kit

Are Slazenger really lazy or something?

Every team has got a spanking new beautiful kit for the 20-20 cup and we go and use our training kit for the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back