Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, please do share the price of 12000 LE as I am looking to get it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is around Rs 18000 - may be more since it is endorsed by Dilshan.

Uzi_Sports said:
The 12000 LE is RS 20000 from the CA Factory
JazakALLAH Khair Asad Bhai. So my facts were right :D:D

Asad Bhai, is there a big difference in CA 12000 and CA 12000 LE? Or CA 10000 LE (which is no longer a vlaid range in CA's catalogue) same as CA 12000 LE?

Uzair Yes there is a noticeable difference in the quality of 12000 and 12000LE. The willow is a LE willow and i think u can say that it is same as CA 10000 LE.
The price of 12000 is around RS 15000.

Regards

Asad

mana said:
Uzair Yes there is a noticeable difference in the quality of 12000 and 12000LE. The willow is a LE willow and i think u can say that it is same as CA 10000 LE.
The price of 12000 is around RS 15000.

Regards

Asad
Sherry Bhai, quoted Rs.13500 from UT Sports. Back in October I got mine for rs. 14300 from UT.

kitnewpictures.jpg
kitnewpictures1.jpg

kitnewpictures2.jpg
kitnewpictures3.jpg

kitnewpictures4.jpg
kitnewpictures5.jpg

pictures of my kit for Uzair Miyyan

Last edited:
wow...thats a collection....how is the Kooka Blade performing...any good....looking to buy one for myself...

Danevaad. Its a very good bat have scored couple of 50s with it so far.
pictures of SS LE (dhoni/sangakkara wicket keeping gloves)
Copyofkitnewpictures6.jpg

Copyofkitnewpictures5.jpg

Last edited:
great...I'll buy one then as having trouble lasting 3-4 overs this season so far....maybe changing my bat will result in me finally getting into double figures atleast....

Majid_V3 said:
Danevaad. Its a very good bat have scored couple of 50s with it so far.
pictures of SS LE (dhoni/sangakkara wicket keeping gloves)
Copyofkitnewpictures6.jpg

Copyofkitnewpictures5.jpg

How is the padding on these gloves? We currently use Ihsan 550 WK gloves and I have two injured keepers.

xkalibur80 said:
How is the padding on these gloves? We currently use Ihsan 550 WK gloves and I have two injured keepers.
If they are used by test players then they surely are good and offer good level of protection.

xkalibur80 said:
Padding is very good on all the fingers and thumb and I have kept wicket for 5/6 matches and hav'nt injured any fingers. I use SG test wicketkeeping inners and they also have good padding.

Majid how does the Adidas play with its low sweetspot?
Do you prefer high or low middle? whats the best high middle and whats the best low middle in your collection?

xkalibur80 said:
Exact same one's as Majid....

SS HiTec Blue

SS SuperLite Pads
Not bad! I hope they go really well for you. Just out of curiosity how much did you end up paying for shipping for a pair of gloves and a pair of pads?

hi everyone.. can i know how to contact UT sports? do the sell online? it seems like this shop give a very good price for a most bats

bigfan said:
Majid how does the Adidas play with its low sweetspot?
Do you prefer high or low middle? whats the best high middle and whats the best low middle in your collection?
Adidas bat has the best ping out of all the bats. The 1st time I used the bat I scored a excellent 50 without putting any effort into any shots I played. Balance is good it has decent light pick up. SG King Cobra has highest middle and adidas has lowest middle

Anyone saw the new SS Platinum Reserve softs?

I really liked the gloves as the colour scheme on them looks awesome!

Yh I've seen them. Gloves look nice but the finishing and design of the pads is not as good as new SS Matrix. I think the platinum softs are just made for one retailer.

Last edited:
Address Of Ut Sports

sothos2 said:
hi everyone.. can i know how to contact UT sports? do the sell online? it seems like this shop give a very good price for a most bats

Neighborhood: F.B. Area
Adam Lehri Market, Karimabad, F.B. Area.
Karachi, 74200
Phone: +92-21-6338350

No they don't have any website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, ive got a question for which I was unable to find the answer to in all 80 pages of this thread: I am going to pakistan in January next year and I want to buy Ihsan Inferno 950 batting and keeping gear. Does anyone know the prices so I can work out how much I may need, sort out shipping etc?

basically the prices on every thing in the catalogue would be nice (http://www.ihsansports.com.pk/test/IS-cricket_cat.pdf) but the bare minimum i would want is inferno 950 and lynx model products

cheers

Last edited:
I am not too sure about prices on lynx gear as it is relatively new in the market.

As far batting pads goes I believe they retail around Rs.1500 whereas gloves are around Rs. 1000. I have no clue on keeping gear so I am sorry

What I an do for you is call UT Sports tomorrow and find put price of everything you listed

I finally ordered the laminated bat but its not SF. Its a CHAMP laminated bat grade 1 with edges around 45mm and weight 2.12LB. I got one picture I'll post later. Bat was shipped today and will receive it monday/tuesday inshallah.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
I am not too sure about prices on lynx gear as it is relatively new in the market.

As far batting pads goes I believe they retail around Rs.1500 whereas gloves are around Rs. 1000. I have no clue on keeping gear so I am sorry

What I an do for you is call UT Sports tomorrow and find put price of everything you listed

I have relatives that live in Karimabad, by Meena Bazar, but they have no interest in cricket so wont go lol. I would appreciate it greatly if you did this CD.

Please ask about Inferno 950 bat, gloves, pads, wk gloves, wk pads and Lynx x1 bag - they might have it!

I will also go to lahore, which is near sialkot. Will I buy able to buy direct from the Ihsan HQ? if so, will it be at lower price or retail price?

Sorry about bombarding you with questions but i need answer quite urgently.

cheers

Majid_V3 said:
Yh I've seen them. Gloves look nice but the finishing and design of the pads is not as good as new SS Matrix. I think the platinum softs are just made for one retailer.
for ur info, the SS Platinum range is made for their UK agent who is a close friend of mine. SS Matrix is lower quality than Platinum Softs and quality is excellent. It is suppose to go with their top bat SS Platinum reserve.

umz_786 said:
I have relatives that live in Karimabad, by Meena Bazar, but they have no interest in cricket so wont go lol. I would appreciate it greatly if you did this CD.

Please ask about Inferno 950 bat, gloves, pads, wk gloves, wk pads and Lynx x1 bag - they might have it!

I will also go to lahore, which is near sialkot. Will I buy able to buy direct from the Ihsan HQ? if so, will it be at lower price or retail price?

Sorry about bombarding you with questions but i need answer quite urgently.

cheers
I have no clue about Karachi as I don't live there. InshALLLAH I will call Shakeel Bhai tomorrow and find prices for everyone.

Yes, you can buy stuff directly from Ihsan factory. As far price goes I am not too sure if there is big difference in retail prices and factory prices. Asad Bhai, will be the best person who can answer this question.

Ahh no worries brother. Ask as many questions you wish to ask. I am more than happy to answer them.

Last edited:
i have meeting with CA and SS owner next week so if any forum member has any questions for me to ask them, plz email me and i will try my best to get the answers for u

Regards

Asad

Last edited:
hi.. i hv a very strict budget but would like to purchase the best bat and a pittard batting gloves... my budget plus postage is pak rupees 64000.. i saw in this page, if i wanna buy a very good bats, it will cost me more.. can anyone recommend me any bats and gloves and where i can get them.. currently i'm using AS V3, and im hoping to have a much better bats than this.. tq

Hi,

If you are after Pakistani gloves then you will not get any genuine pittard palm gloves.

What's your budget on a bat?

big mistake.. my budget is 13000 pak rupee.. my mistake in converting the currencies... lets say around 10500 pak rupees for bats.. i emailed waqas frm assport.. they got disount for g200, v3 and v10.. v10 at 110 usd= 9388 pak rupees.. i expect that v10 is much better than V3.. he hasnt replied back (even after 2 days and 3 emails)... so any more suggestions? pittard gloves maybe i try to get it frm somewhere else

sothos2 said:
big mistake.. my budget is 13000 pak rupee.. my mistake in converting the currencies... lets say around 10500 pak rupees for bats.. i emailed waqas frm assport.. they got disount for g200, v3 and v10.. v10 at 110 usd= 9388 pak rupees.. i expect that v10 is much better than V3.. he hasnt replied back (even after 2 days and 3 emails)... so any more suggestions? pittard gloves maybe i try to get it frm somewhere else

Brother 13000 pkr is kinda tight considering you want postage as well. So i would suggest you go with MB Bubber Sher bat and gloves. Spoke to UT sports (Shakeel bhai) like half an hour ago and he said Bubber Sher gloves have pittard leather as well. But again I suspect you can both along shipping charges for 13000.

sothos2 said:
lol brother no worries! Everyone in this world make mistakes.

I am not sure about V10 as I haven't seen it in pictures or in real. BUt I have seen V3 and I must say it is top drawer bat. Its very impressive bat! So imagine if V3 is so good then V10 would be definitely better than V3. So yes V10 would be a good option.

Apart from that in that price range I would say CA 10000 Plus is good as well. CA bats are really impressive. There balance and pick up seems to be perfect.

Are you fine with Indian brand when it comes to buying gloves? Let me know

HOpe it helps

cricketer13 said:
Brother 13000 pkr is kinda tight considering you want postage as well. So i would suggest you go with MB Bubber Sher bat and gloves. Spoke to UT sports (Shakeel bhai) like half an hour ago and he said Bubber Sher gloves have pittard leather as well. But again I suspect you can both along shipping charges for 13000.
They certainly do have pittard palm but not genuine pittard.

Sherry Bhai, do mind telling me what else Shakeel Bhai said?

Personally I really liked these gloves as this new colour scheme looks really good (in my opinion). I don't know but now it is certainly pulling me towards buying SS soft :(

im fine with indian brand,,
i heard SS have good range of gloves.. i saw in onlinestockist.com.. other than that, im also eyeing other pittard gloves from SM and SG.. but, i really would like to buy bat and gloves in one shop.. cheaper for posting..
for bats, i prefer bubber sher, v10, or any ca that within my budget.. i hv played with CA gold 8000, and its very good..
indian bats quite ok, but expensive..

Cover Drive said:
They certainly do have pittard palm but not genuine pittard.

Sherry Bhai, do mind telling me what else Shakeel Bhai said?

Yes Uzair bhai, heres what I talked to him about.

I needed three bats so I asked about all different range of bats. He mentioned Boom Boom and Ihsan Lynx X1 both are good but will cost 18000 rupees which is quite a lot and he did not recommend those. He menioned CA 12000 LE is pretty good but I was not interested. Aside from that he strongly recommended Ihsan inferno 950 as he got some new willows along with MB Bubber Sher LE and regular Bubber Sher. AM Excellent was a good option as well but I hate their stickers.

I am getting one regular UT bat as well as my friend over there looked at it and really liked it. And ya i asked about gloves and he said Bubber Sher gloves are nice.

Will place my order 2moro or day after.

sothos2 said:
im fine with indian brand,,
i heard SS have good range of gloves.. i saw in onlinestockist.com.. other than that, im also eyeing other pittard gloves from SM and SG.. but, i really would like to buy bat and gloves in one shop.. cheaper for posting..
for bats, i prefer bubber sher, v10, or any ca that within my budget.. i hv played with CA gold 8000, and its very good..
indian bats quite ok, but expensive..
SS is one of the best soft maker in this world. Shipping won't be high for a pair of gloves so don't worry about shipping. Bubber Sher is good bat whereas I rate cA very high.

cricketer13 said:
CD bhai, these gloves are the same as ones I got from MD couple of months ago. Will show you on Sunday.
We are not meeting on Sunday :( InshALLAH in August.

cricketer13 said:
Yes Uzair bhai, heres what I talked to him about.

I needed three bats so I asked about all different range of bats. He mentioned Boom Boom and Ihsan Lynx X1 both are good but will cost 18000 rupees which is quite a lot and he did not recommend those. He menioned CA 12000 LE is pretty good but I was not interested. Aside from that he strongly recommended Ihsan inferno 950 as he got some new willows along with MB Bubber Sher LE and regular Bubber Sher. AM Excellent was a good option as well but I hate their stickers.

I am getting one regular UT bat as well as my friend over there looked at it and really liked it. And ya i asked about gloves and he said Bubber Sher gloves are nice.

Will place my order 2moro or day after.
Oh okay. I believe both Boom Boom and Lynx are new in the market hence there prices are so high compare to other bats.

Did you by any chance ask how much CA 12000 LE is?

I never liked MB Malik but after seeing your MB LE I am really tempted to buy MB LE and Bubber Sher gloves.

I also don't like AM stickers and I don't find attractive at all!

Omair Bhai, had bought couple of UT bat and I think he rated them very high as well.

Just hung up the phone with Shakeel Bhai (UT Sports).

Prices of bats, pads and gloves (as many requested) [26June 2010] are;

CA 12000 Plus Bat: Rs. 15,000
CA 12000 Plus Limited Edition Bat: Rs. 20,000
AS V3 Bat: Rs. 8,500
AS V10 Bat: Rs. 11,000
MB Malik Bubber Sher (Laminated) Bat: Rs. 10,000
MB Malik Bubber Sher Limited Edition Bat: Rs. 14,500
MB Malik Bubber Sher Pads: Rs. 2500
MB Malik Bubber Sher Gloves: Rs. 2000
Boom Boom 5 Star Bat (Shahid Afridi): Rs. 18,000
Boom Boom 5 Star Pads: Rs. 2700
Boom Boom 4 Star Bat (Abdul Razzaq): Rs. 15,000
Boom Boom 3 Star Bat (Fawad Alam): Rs. 10,000
Boom Boom 2 Star Bat (Umar Gul): Rs. 7500
Ihsan Inferno 950 Bat: Rs. 11,500
Ihsan Inferno 950 Gloves: Rs. 1500
Ihsan Inferno 950 Pads: Rs. 2000
Ihsan Inferno 950 Wicketkeeping Pads: Rs. 1100-1300 (He did not have these in stock but could be ordered if anyone wante them)
Ihsan Inferno 950 Wicketkeeping Gloves: Rs. 2000

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Does UT sports have an email address?

I have never used pittards leather in gloves. what benefit do they give?'

Majid you have a crazy collection. just like one of my ex gf's and her shoes! LOL.

bigfan said:
Majid you have a crazy collection. just like one of my ex gf's and her shoes! LOL.

:)) true that!

What's the difference between the Boom Boom 5/4/3 star range? Willow quality I guess?

bigfan,

No, I don't think they have email address.

Pittard gloves palm is softer than regular palm. Apart of softness it has better sweat absorption.

Paradox,

Yes! There is just difference in the willow as 5 Star is G1, 4 Star is G2 and so on. When I was talking to Shakeel Bhai he said buying Ihsan Inferno 950 is same thing as well because at the end both bats are made by same/one manufacture. It's just different stickers.

Cover Drive said:
bigfan,

No, I don't think they have email address.

Pittard gloves palm is softer than regular palm. Apart of softness it has better sweat absorption.

Is that the one with the diamond pattern or is that different? What is the quartz leather?

Hey Cover, Great work with the prices mate.

What is the difference between Laminated and otherwise normal Bubber Sher?

Do these UT Sports People send overseas?

Cricketismylife said:
Hey Cover, Great work with the prices mate.

What is the difference between Laminated and otherwise normal Bubber Sher?

Do these UT Sports People send overseas?
Lamintaed bat have two different woods which have been connected to make one wood. It is banned at international stage s it pings more than a normal bat.

Yes, they can send stuff overseas

Uzair Bahi Please clear that above mentioned prices for local shopping or for overseas customers .
Thanks

A guy in my team is selling a slazenger bat, can anyone ( CD, Majid) here confirm, if it's original slazenger or not? here are the pics

2rxdwlw.jpg

1sm8o8.jpg

2z6au6c.jpg

f2lp43.jpg

cricket_fan1 said:
Uzair Bahi Please clear that above mentioned prices for local shopping or for overseas customers .
Thanks
Local prices but if I from Canada walk in then they will give same prices.

Plus they can also ship stuff for you both domestically and internationally

I don't like saying this but it isn't a great looking stick. Price to me seems to be steep for a G3/G4.

By the way, where you located?

Cover Drive said:
I don't like saying this but it isn't a great looking stick. Price to me seems to be steep for a G3/G4.

By the way, where you located?

i am in Vienna, Austria

Cover Drive said:
Ah what's your budget?

I have already ordered the Max grainer from Ajit. i think one should atleast have 2 bats and as one of my teammates wanted to sell this bat thought wouldn't be a bad idea to buy the bat, as it isnt very exp ( mainly no postage charges).
Ping is ok i played with the bat in the nets. I just wasn't sure if it's real slazenger. would be just a back up bat for me.

cric_fan82 said:
I have already ordered the Max grainer from Ajit. i think one should atleast have 2 bats and as one of my teammates wanted to sell this bat thought wouldn't be a bad idea to buy the bat, as it isnt very exp ( mainly no postage charges).
Ping is ok i played with the bat in the nets. I just wasn't sure if it's real slazenger. would be just a back up bat for me.
Oh okay. I understand what you mean.

I am not too sure about Slazenger as I have never been a fan of them. However, to me it seems to be a genuine Slazenger.

I am not sure but in that price range you can get a good G2 bat from Ajit. Can't you? I do understand that a backup bat is required but my point is that if you can get a better bay than this within this price range then why not buy a new bat?

Atlast it really narrow down to you. If the bay feels good in your hand then it's great. Because that's what it basically matters. Some people prefer Kashmiri Willow over English Willow as they are more comfortable with it.

If you don't mind then can you do a review on your Max Grainer? It would be great for others who not long ago were very tempted to buy it.

Take Care

Majid_V3 said:
Majid Bhai, MashALLAH it looks great! It really is very massive piece for it's weight. I personally feel you did a good thing when you opted for this bat rather than SF. I feel these bats are underrated and Champ is a good brand. As you know there softs are really good and are quite competitive with few big brands.

Atlast great pick. Just wondering that does it have oval handle or round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back