Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tips for online shopping cricket equipment

1: First of all check site or store address and tel.No.and confirm from http://www.alexa.com

2: who is onwer of online shop and you can check his registeration or NTN # and membership in local trade association .
3 Check prices are not less then average market prices because if prices are less then average may be fake goods.
4 Read carfully his shipping and return terms and conditions.

dhump said:
well I spent 20K rupees on last lot so I am willing to buy something around 18K to 20K but I just wana buy 1 bat and I will be in Karachi. Normally I buy from UT sports, but if you know any place from where I can get genuine English stuff I trust in UT guys but they don't keep any bats from outside Pakistan they have genuine CA, Ihsan and Malik bats.
In that budget you can buy two bats (for instance AS V10 and CA 5000 or 8000 Plus) but if you just want one good then you can easily buy CA 12000 Plus and I think you can also buy CA 12000 Limited Edition TRD (maybe you might have to add in another thousands or two for that).

As far a store goes in Karachi I will not recommend any other store except UT Sports as I find them most relliable not only in Karachi but somewhat in Lahore as well. So I will say UT is a step to go forward as they sell genuine authentic stuff at a normal price.

Another thing guys prices of bats are/have increased in Pakistan because of banning mythel bromide :(.

bigfan said:
That looks good majid, what does the "carbon composite" mean? carbon handle?

How does one find out about where to buy these laminated bats? Can you get in any trouble for using them in a game? as in if someone spots it, tells the umpire?

Is there such a thing as a corked cricket bat? Ive heard about baseball bats being corked.
That carbon composite sticker is from Puma bats. I've used that to hide the joint. I won't worry about the legalities unless I play high level cricket.
The joint on the CA gel bat is done very well. Its barely noticeable and most of it is under the side sticker. I have put a little puma sticker to cover up the joint below the side sticker. I don't think anyone can tell the bat is laminated even if its looked at very closely. I dont think I'll get caught using it if I keep it quite.

Cover Drive said:
Majid Bhai, MashALLAH this looks like a top notch bat as well. Both of your laminated bats are top notch.

I thought you had sold your SF Saphire a while ago?
thanks Uzair Miyyan. The deal didn't go through and am very happy I got the SF Saphire back. Its an excellent bat I should never have given it away. I'll email you later.

I have also noticed that joint on CA Gel bat has been done professionally with top skills. I have seen other laminated bats and in that you can easily tell its laminated. Even if you see Majid Bhais Champ bat you will notice CA bat has been done more profesionally.

Indeed it is good to get SF back as I have always liked it

bigfan said:
Cover drive thanks for your information. Im always wanting to learn new things.
How do you know so much?

Does anyone have information for contact the Ishan factory?

Majid, I am scared to buy from onlinestockist website, I know of people waiting more than 1 month for one custom made bat. They changed supplier of the custom made bat. Also my friend who has seen the website said he brings a new bat on his website and 2 days before hand a customer has already reviewed the bat.
Ajit is a very good & honest seller. I also heard he changed suppliers of the custom made bats recently and thats why there was a delay. I have ordered a Matrrixx Gladiator LE from Ajit before he listed on his website and I will review it whenever he lists the bat on his website.

Btw Uzair Miyyan I received new SS kit today. I'll post some pictures later. Mashallah Everything is amazing and better then my old SS kit.
Kit includes SS matrix helmet, SS matrix pads(same as Bangladesh players use), new SS matrix gloves, SS millenium pro thighpad and inner thigh pad, SS professional whites and SS professional kit bag.

Last edited:
anyone using or used these pads??iv been using them for the past 4 years...love em.. :14:

Attachments

• 06072010180.jpg
    06072010180.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 485
newsskit.jpg
newsskit2.jpg

newsskit3.jpg
newsskit4.jpg

newsskit5.jpg
newsskit6.jpg

newsskit6.jpg
newsskit7.jpg

Cover Drive said:
In that budget you can buy two bats (for instance AS V10 and CA 5000 or 8000 Plus) but if you just want one good then you can easily buy CA 12000 Plus and I think you can also buy CA 12000 Limited Edition TRD (maybe you might have to add in another thousands or two for that).

As far a store goes in Karachi I will not recommend any other store except UT Sports as I find them most relliable not only in Karachi but somewhat in Lahore as well. So I will say UT is a step to go forward as they sell genuine authentic stuff at a normal price.

Another thing guys prices of bats are/have increased in Pakistan because of banning mythel bromide :(.

Ahh good idea limited edition seems so much fun well surely I will try to get it I hope I can get it in light weight. Yes UT is good place and sales persons are friend of mine and normally they give you reasonable price and always tell you what is good or bad.

Yes I was informed that prices may rise but lets see how much difference it makes I hope its not massive.

cric_fan82 what bats are they max grainer? grade 1? (to me neither look G1)

What are the size of the edges? were the bats to your spec or roughly what you asked for? do they all come in that shape or can it be adjustable? specifically bigger edge here, thicker toe, bigger around handle point?

how does one tell if the bat is dried out too much or if it is light cleft willow? how come no one mentions light or heavy handle. GM say they can use light or heavy handle to change the weight of the bat. does all manufacturer use this choice?

Keep the pictures coming I enjoy the pictures! :)

Bigfan,

When you see a massive piece of willow in a lower weight then the cleft is over dried. The reason is that in dried clefts moisture is soaked of the cleft and in result the weight is reduce and profile is big. This generally not a good thing to do as the bat is very dry and brittle. Apart from that I can lifespan of bat becomes shorter.

As far handle I believe all handles are of same weight. However, I don't know much about handles so I am not sure if they come in two weight. All I can think oif is that oval handle tends to be heavier (in my opinion) in compare to round.

Hi big fan,
i asked for 2.8 but i think it around 2.9 ish
and i dont think so it is grade 1, as one dont get a grade 1 bat for 78 bucks (Ajit didnt mention the which grade willow is on max grainer on his website, i presume it is grade 2), but the ping on max grainer is just awsome, it feels like someone is playing with it for years and still obv it is brand new.
The edges are huge i dont know the exact size but i havnt seen such big edges on a bat. well frankly speaking i havnt seen many pro level bats.

I can post a pic of the toe and handle for you to judge the last two things as i have lil idea about them.

cric_fan82 thanks for the reply

They are both Max grainer? What I was asking was when you bought the bat, could you choose those parts of the bat. As it looks to me they are just off the shelf bats with no stickers.

Majid you seem to know him, when you speak to him next could you please fill us in the details?

Ok, I recieved my Krakatoa thanks to Asad bhai at Uzi Sports. Here are the pics, I will let you guys know how it performs once I use it.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 215
Impressive bat and pictures Atif Bhai! I hope it goes really well for you and your brother and I sincerely hope you guys score tons of runs with it. Was just wondering whats the weight of the bat.

He told me it's 2.8/9 but I feel it's a bit lighter, maybe a 2.7. I had my first net session with it today, felt a little weird, my previous bat being on the heavy side, but I think once I get used to it it'll be better overall.

GOT this SS kit yesterday frm Ajit. Its left handed kit I got for my cousin. Here are few pictures me trying on his LH SS kit. Btw am right handed not a leftie.
testqualitykitfrmAjit.jpg

testqualitykitfrmAjit1.jpg

testqualitykitfrmAjit2.jpg

testqualitykitfrmAjit3.jpg

testqualitykitfrmAjit4.jpg

testqualitykitfrmAjit5.jpg

testqualitykitfrmAjit6.jpg

I think my left handed stance looks similar to :butt

Last edited:
Kit info. SS matrix helmet, SS matrix pads(same as Bangladesh players use), new SS matrix gloves, SS millenium pro thighpad and inner thigh pad, SS professional whites, SS multiflex armguard and SS professional kit bag

Last edited:
Majid Bhai you got your cousin top stuff and it look impressive. The new design touch on these pads doesn't look bad at all!

Thighguard looks good as well as do everything else.

Where is arm guard in the picture? I can't spot it :(

Last edited:
Uzair Miyyan am not wearing arm guard in these pictures. You can probably notice that I cant really grip the bat properly with left handed gloves.
Btw I gave the Kit to my cousin yesterday. And it looked amazing the gloves and pads mashallah looked unbelievably good.
These SS matrix gloves look 10x better then Puma kinetic and puma evo gloves.

Ah okay. Apart from the gloves, pads look good and better than the previous year.

Majid Bhai, correct me if I am wrong the new Matrixx pads also come in Black from inside,right?

Also when are you getting Matrixx Galdiator?

Can anyone tell me how much do these new Adidas Bats cost and how they feel, are they worth it or not?

Cover Drive said:
Brother Rana, which Adidas range are you talking about? The SRT one or Libro, Pellera etc?

The one Salman Butt uses, i think KP has the same.

Butt use Incurza (as does Bell) whereas KP uses Perella.

I haven`t heard great reviews of Adidas bats as well as their softs. They look good but they don`t play well and in my opinion they are not worth whatsoever.

I am not sure how they feel as I have never held one. As far price goes check www.kitbag.com as they have Adidas and are at decent prices compare to others in the market

Majid_V3 said:
hotobucket.com/albums/bb312/majid100no/testqualitykitfrmAjit5.jpg[/IMG]
testqualitykitfrmAjit6.jpg

I think my left handed stance looks similar to :butt

Yes, It does!!! The gap between pad and bat does make it look like :butt

Cover Drive said:
Ah okay. Apart from the gloves, pads look good and better than the previous year.

Majid Bhai, correct me if I am wrong the new Matrixx pads also come in Black from inside,right?

Also when are you getting Matrixx Galdiator?
Yes Uzair Miyyan the new latest SS matrix pads come in black from inside. Exactly same design pads as the ones i got for my cousin but black frm inside. I'm getting the Matrrixx Gladiator LE bat on friday with SS matrix pads/gloves RH and 2 SS thighpads millennium pro and multiflex.
Ajit has sent me some pics of 2 matrixx and am getting the green one.

tested the max grainer bat i bought from Ajit, the ping on the bat is just awsome, ball just flies from the bat

Bro I told you before that the max grainer bats are amazing. I'm really looking forward to this Matrrixx Gladiator LE. I'll tell you how this one plays when I receive the bat on friday inshallah. Uzair Miyyan what do you think of these Matrrixx bats?

Last edited:
Matrixx Galdiator LE looks good! Grains, bow, edges etc everything look great! I had always underestimated Matrixx and thought they don't make great bats but seeing this bat I seem to be proven wrong!

Majid_V3 said:
Yes Uzair Miyyan the new latest SS matrix pads come in black from inside. Exactly same design pads as the ones i got for my cousin but black frm inside. I'm getting the Matrrixx Gladiator LE bat on friday with SS matrix pads/gloves RH and 2 SS thighpads millennium pro and multiflex.
Ajit has sent me some pics of 2 matrixx and am getting the green one.
Black looks really good as when interior gets dirty by wearing then out you won't see many stains or anything on black.

Matrix pads design and Platinum Reserve pads design look similar and really good for traditional design.

SS Platinum reserve pads are just awain(random) old style pads they are not even half as good as the ones Ajit sells on his site. Yaar the new SS matrix gloves are most amazing gloves you will ever see. I think you should get them bcoz they look so good, very comfy, light and test quality protection.

Last edited:
cric_fan82 that bat looks (has) a 3 piece handle! I thought they phased them out in the 80's! (my old kookaburras from the 90s had 9 piece)

that toe looks bad, especially that cheap toe guard. is it even rubber? LOL.

The face looks like it doesn't have rolled edges, they look straight and sharp. whats the curve like across the face? it looks really flat from here.

bigfan said:
cric_fan82 that bat looks (has) a 3 piece handle! I thought they phased them out in the 80's! (my old kookaburras from the 90s had 9 piece)

that toe looks bad, especially that cheap toe guard. is it even rubber? LOL.

The face looks like it doesn't have rolled edges, they look straight and sharp. whats the curve like across the face? it looks really flat from here.

i really dont know how man pieces the handle has.

The toe guard is actually good, i already played three innings with the bat scored 48, 32*, 28*, although we play on a matted surface the toe is shaping well.

rolled edges??? i dont know what that is. All i know is the ping on the bat is just awsome. I am not much into buying bats, but this the best bat i had uptill now.

cheers

Majid_V3 said:
SS Platinum reserve pads are just awain(random) old style pads they are not even half as good as the ones Ajit sells on his site. Yaar the new SS matrix gloves are most amazing gloves you will ever see. I think you should get them bcoz they look so good, very comfy, light and test quality protection.
The new SS Matrix gloves are really good looking. They look like Pumas which are quite successful gloves so I think these new Matrix ones will be hit gloves as well.

Cric_fan; I am assuming by rolled edges he meant to say rounded edges ?

The handle is supposed to have visible sections because the cane changes direction like plywood to give it strength, see how each section is the same consistency. on others you can clearly see the changes in direction. (the strands of the cane)

When talking about he face the clefts are cut with a straight saw to get the 4.25 inch width across the face but then the face should be rolled to give it a curve across the face. the middle sit higher than the sides and also to round off the edges as they meet the side so as not to have a sharp edge which the ball can catch and break/crack. with the rounded edge it will deflect.

Gray Nicolls have the best edges you will ever see on the face of a bat.

the toe looks like they hit it with a big belt sander to make it fit. toe should be flush with the toe guard. are you planning to put any scuff sheet to the face?

Majid, you always seem to stick up for these bats, how come you've gone quiet? Looks like a 12yo made it in woodworking class, the splice doesn't even fit properly. the bottom of the splice should look like this \/ not |_|.

Bigfan,

Rolling is mainly known as pressing. What you are trying to say and ask is that whether the bat has been pressed or not. Regardless which bat or brand it is they bat is definately pressed no matter what. If bat is not then the face of a bat will not look like this. If you had raised this concern after seeing flat face then across the world there are many bat makers who have straight face bats.

sothos bhai, were you quoted the 110USD inc delivery. i just got quoted 148USD from AS Sports for the AS V10

bigfan said:
The handle is supposed to have visible sections because the cane changes direction like plywood to give it strength, see how each section is the same consistency. on others you can clearly see the changes in direction. (the strands of the cane)

When talking about he face the clefts are cut with a straight saw to get the 4.25 inch width across the face but then the face should be rolled to give it a curve across the face. the middle sit higher than the sides and also to round off the edges as they meet the side so as not to have a sharp edge which the ball can catch and break/crack. with the rounded edge it will deflect.

the toe looks like they hit it with a big belt sander to make it fit. toe should be flush with the toe guard. are you planning to put any scuff sheet to the face?

Majid, you always seem to stick up for these bats, how come you've gone quiet? Looks like a 12yo made it in woodworking class, the splice doesn't even fit properly. the bottom of the splice should look like this \/ not |_|.

BigFan,

The rolling (aka pressing) doesn't always affect the curve across the face. Depends what roller you're using; whether it's a flat bar press or not.

As for edges, rounding them or not is totally manufacturers preference. There isn't a certain way these things have to be done.

The sharp V you also mention at the bottom is a characteristic pretty unique to Pakistani bats, British and Indian made bats often finish up on a flat angle.

Last edited:
askmoi said:
sothos bhai, were you quoted the 110USD inc delivery. i just got quoted 148USD from AS Sports for the AS V10

hi.. i was quoted that price around 3 weeks ago.. they said its a special price.. they quote me usd110 for v10, 100 for v3 and 90 for g200.. then, when i asked more, they didnt replied 2 of my emails.. i even called them and speak with waqas, and he told me to communicate by email (maybe he's bz).. i hv a feeling, they misquote the price.. and try to cover up.. maybe you could ask poison bhai.. he got the same price usd110 (including delivery) for v10..

askmoi said:

btw, why didnt u buy from UT Sport in karachi.. their price are quite good.. or from sialkotshop.com.. its a good pakistani online store.. and the owner is very helpful

bigfan said:

Bats are really good, very well handcrafted and splice is fitted properly. They are made by same bat-maker who makes bats for Indian players. Handle is slightly disappointing but I have spoken to Ajit and he has already asked the batmaker make to fit a 3 spring 9 piece handle.
btw why you criticizing these bats so much when you hardly know about how bats should be made?

Last edited:
i don't think UT sports has a website or they deliver overseas....and also the price quoted to me for 148 inc. delivery is less than the sialkotshop price which is exc delivery......

btw sothos bhai, which bat did u finally buy?

poison bhai, could you pls enlighten if you have got the AS V10 bat for 110 USD....

also what do you all think abt the bat? is it worth it.....they told me i can customise it.....what specs shud i ask for??

any help is greatly appreciated....esp from those who have dealt with assports b4

Azhar Ali, uses Ihsan as he is sponsored by them, however, I am not sure if people saw this but Azhar was wearing SS Milliniuem Pro gloves (Which Majid Bhai has). In addition, those gloves were taken from Uzi Sports.

I think Salman Butt bats are made by CA

UT Sports doesn't have a website but if you want they can ship stuff for you

Haha I gave my SS millennium pro gloves to Azhar Ali. Salman Butt uses Adidas bats and all his bats are supplied to him by adidas. There is no proof that he uses CA bats. Btw Uzair Miyyan SS millenium are decent but new SS matrix and millenium pro are much much improved and lot better quality.

Last edited:
askmoi said:
i don't think UT sports has a website or they deliver overseas....and also the price quoted to me for 148 inc. delivery is less than the sialkotshop price which is exc delivery......

btw sothos bhai, which bat did u finally buy?

as uzair bhai said, UT sports can deliver overseas.. u can call them (ask the phn no from uzair bhai) and tell them what kind of bat u want.. their english are not very good, but they are very helpful.. also shakeel from UT sports can be contacted by email.. yes of course sialkotshop price are quite high, but he is a good buyer and very helpful..

at last i didnt buy any bat (yet).. but still looking forward to buy a good bat when time has come.. my last bat was AS V3 from assport.. perform quite good..

Armie said:
Nice gear there Majid. How's the Gel playing now?
CA Gel is an amazing bat. I used it in one match so far and hit a six in the very 1st over with minimum effort. When I use the bat I feel like I am Shahid Afridi. I can hit really really powerful shot without much effort. Well timed defensive shots run away for 4s. It performs lot better then normal bats.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Haha I gave my SS millennium pro gloves to Azhar Ali. Salman Butt uses Adidas bats and all his bats are supplied to him by adidas. There is no proof that he uses CA bats. Btw Uzair Miyyan SS millenium are decent but new SS matrix and millenium pro are much much improved and lot better quality.
Yours doesn't have pittard palm ;-)

Thats good mine don't have pittard palm coz I don't really like pittard leather. I prefer normal calf/sheep skin leather gloves.

Oh okay.

Not sure but did anyone notice that he had professionally removed SS logos and had replaced them with Ihsan logos (front and on strap)

Yeah I noticed that. I thought they were really Ihsan gloves copied of SS millenium pro. I'll check my gloves to see if the logos can be removed easily.

Uzair Miyyan its really easy to stick any logo on the front of the gloves. And the strap can easily be removed just have to undo stitching and then you can easily stitch an Ihsan strap onto the gloves

Armie - the Pak tops I bought off you dont fit me anymore. Any suggestions on how I can squeeze into them without losing weight?

thats a tough one buddy, but i will see if any home remedies can help and let you know.

askmoi said:
poison bhai, could you pls enlighten if you have got the AS V10 bat for 110 USD....

also what do you all think abt the bat? is it worth it.....they told me i can customise it.....what specs shud i ask for??

any help is greatly appreciated....esp from those who have dealt with assports b4

Sorry bro, I didn't end up buying it. I realised I already have three pretty sensational bats and buying another one would be useless :afridi

askmoi said:

Personally if you ask me AS V10 is really good bat. Since V3 is a great bat one can easily say V10 would be step ahead and it will surely disappoint anyone.

Yes, it is certainly worth as I would say AS bats are best Asian bats for its value.

As far specification goes it really narrows down to you and your playing style. For instance, I like low sweetspot bat, light pick up, good balance and so on.

I haven't dealt with AS but I know people who have dealt with them. They are really happy with the quality and service.

If you are planning to deal with them then I will surely give a nod!

Hope it helps!

Bhai, personally I haven't used or seen any Adidas bats but I haven't heard great reviews about Adidas stuff. It look nice but I don't think it is worth paying that vaue

The Ihsan Inferno Cricket Bat - Any Owners?

So, i recently purchased the ihsan inferno 950 cricket bat (yes, the same one that chris gayle uses), and my word, what a fantastic peice of willow it is, infact i`ll even go as far as saying it is the best bat i have ever used.
So any other owners of this gem of a cricket bat?, if so please share your views on the bat, are you thinking of buying?, need advice?, have you brought it and weren`t completely satisfied?, well use this thread to discuss.
I own the 950 but you can also get the 750 and 550 version.

Last edited:
No, but I've heard it's pretty damn good. Same people make the Boom Boom bats, apparently..

So, i recently purchased the ihsan inferno cricket bat (yes, the same one that chris gayle uses), and my word, what a fantastic peice of willow it is, infact i`ll even go as far as saying it is the best bat i have ever used.
So any other owners of this gem of a cricket bat?, if so please share your views on the bat, are you thinking of buying?, need advice?, have you brought it and weren`t completely satisfied?, well use this thread to discuss.

I know someone who owns it, was told its bakwaas... Only kidding.

My mate owns one and hes crap at batting lol, but the bat itself is solid.

could you tel me where you got it from and the price??im interested in buying one piece too...
and ya pictures would be helpful :D

Same here may start looking for some kit been over 5 years since I played regular cricket but my friend wants me to join his club and going to give it a shot so will want a nice piece of willow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back